Advertisement

Author Topic: How do people get maried in laos?  (Read 8222 times)

kaiyu

How do people get maried in laos?
« on: February 22, 2013, 12:11:41 AM »
I have a cousin who's aunt is hooking him up with a hmong girl in laos, they're getting married soon. The question is how does he sneak 5k cash to marry his wife in laos or do securities and customes even care? Or does he go there and pull money from the laos bank?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

keno

Re: How do people get maried in laos?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 09:01:10 AM »
I have a cousin who's aunt is hooking him up with a hmong girl in laos, they're getting married soon. The question is how does he sneak 5k cash to marry his wife in laos or do securities and customes even care? Or does he go there and pull money from the laos bank?

Too easy 5k is not thing. Legally a person can carry cash under $10,000.00 meaning without security clearance $9,999.00 with each person.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 10:06:27 AM »
The guards at the airport randomnly check on people. I had a client who took 15K with him in a backpack while slipping 5K into his girlfriend's backpack. Both got caught and they had no receipt on where their cash came from. The money got confiscated.

The guards said they could fly on their tickets but that they could not take the money with them.

They refused to go and demanded to see me that same night.

We met and I arranged for them to fly out a few days later. But it took us 3 months to get the 20K back. Once the feds have taken your money, they don't keep it in a bag for you. They put it in their account. If you win in the fight, they write a new check from their account to you. If not, oh, well...

If your cousin is taking just 5K, he shouldn't have any problem though. But I don't think that's enough for the wife and the wedding there.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 10:10:30 AM by Reporter »

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Gawmp

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 12:10:30 PM »
5K Plus however much it takes to pay for the entire process to get her over here and paying for the air fare...that's a lot of $$$. All the while when he does bring her over...he still has to support her until she help support (hopefully it will get this far and not divorce before this)...

I guess that's the price one pays for if he wants a young girl  ;)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 12:21:33 PM »
5K Plus however much it takes to pay for the entire process to get her over here and paying for the air fare...that's a lot of $$$. All the while when he does bring her over...he still has to support her until she help support (hopefully it will get this far and not divorce before this)...

I guess that's the price one pays for if he wants a young girl  ;)

After she gets her green card, she'll run off. Then turns back and sue him to support her because she can't help herself yet. If he has any property, some of that will go to her as well.

"...

Gawmp

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 12:32:03 PM »
After she gets her green card, she'll run off. Then turns back and sue him to support her because she can't help herself yet. If he has any property, some of that will go to her as well.

in other words he's possibly going to get himseld into a situation that he might regret later on. All that $$$$ could pontentially become a waste....sad

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 12:53:41 PM »
in other words he's possibly going to get himseld into a situation that he might regret later on. All that $$$$ could pontentially become a waste....sad

It's almost a guarantee of a break-up for them and regret for him. Whether the money is a waste or not depends on how he used his times with her during the first two years when her green card isn't secured yet.

I tell old guys many times before that they should go marry the chicks and live there for about two to four years before bring them over. That way, if the chicks run off in America, at least the guys have had those few good years for the money already. But who's listening to Reporter, huh? Who does Reporter think he is to tell people how to live and love anyway, right?  Girls demand to be here; the men are soft-hearted because they are in love. They do everything to bring the girls here immediately. Then they realize later that things are just not working out. Paub li, paub li.

Like this post: +1
"...

Gawmp

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 01:16:03 PM »
Thaum paub li ces kawg li lawm xwb os. Live and learn...for some live...learn and keep on making the same mistakes.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 01:17:50 PM »
Thaum paub li ces kawg li lawm xwb os. Live and learn...for some live...learn and keep on making the same mistakes.

Yog mas.

Looks like a lot of people like to learn by their experiences than by the experiences or knowledge and teachings of others.  So they experiment with situations over and over. What you call making the same mistakes. lol

"...

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2013, 12:17:56 PM »
It's almost a guarantee of a break-up for them and regret for him. Whether the money is a waste or not depends on how he used his times with her during the first two years when her green card isn't secured yet.

I tell old guys many times before that they should go marry the chicks and live there for about two to four years before bring them over. That way, if the chicks run off in America, at least the guys have had those few good years for the money already. But who's listening to Reporter, huh? Who does Reporter think he is to tell people how to live and love anyway, right?  Girls demand to be here; the men are soft-hearted because they are in love. They do everything to bring the girls here immediately. Then they realize later that things are just not working out. Paub li, paub li.

And who is educating these young runaway brides about how to take advantage of the American legal system?  ::)  ;D Somehow I doubt that these brides know anything about spousal support if not from some loose-lipped Hmong Americans.   :2funny:

keno

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2013, 12:53:48 PM »
And who is educating these young runaway brides about how to take advantage of the American legal system?  ::)  ;D Somehow I doubt that these brides know anything about spousal support if not from some loose-lipped Hmong Americans.   :2funny:

Do not under estimate those girls from other part of the world, especially those hmong girls. They actually a lot of smarter than people thought. Laos, Thai, China and the rest of other aren't like it used to be like 40-50 years ago. Now a days, they share and seen what the rest of other world seen. Some cases they could be better than United States. Therefore, the technology and Internet people have and can access to whatever they might looking for.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2013, 04:02:14 PM »
Do not under estimate those girls from other part of the world, especially those hmong girls. They actually a lot of smarter than people thought. Laos, Thai, China and the rest of other aren't like it used to be like 40-50 years ago. Now a days, they share and seen what the rest of other world seen. Some cases they could be better than United States. Therefore, the technology and Internet people have and can access to whatever they might looking for.

The OGs who have gone back to Laos have bragged about their life insurance, etc. in order to win the hearts of those young chicks. It's been 3 or so decades of such bragging. Some of those who have come to America and gotten abused have also had the support of many women advocacy groups. The stories of these failed first marriages have been heard in Laos and Thailand and China. Parents of young brides there have insisted that their daughters marry any old man in hope of getting quick life insurance proceeds as well as just to at least get to America first.

Now, it's not just the young women who know about these benefits. The young men do, too, about benefits the older women here have.

A story to prove the point. A 20-something boy was married to a Mpls 50-something after just one year of phone contacts.  Words of love were exchanged over the phone and promises of until do "do us part" and even "let the sky punish if anyone breaks a vow." But upon arrival for 3 days, the boy demanded that the wife buy life insurance on her life with him being the beneficiary, put 30K in a bank account in his name, and sign her properties to him since he was now "her husband."

I've told a few OG ladies not to go there to "buy young boys to be their heads of households." But who's listening to Reporter, eh? Who does Reporter think he is to tell people how to live and what to do?

"...

chidorix0x

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2013, 05:46:41 PM »
The OGs who have gone back to Laos have bragged about their life insurance, etc. in order to win the hearts of those young chicks. It's been 3 or so decades of such bragging. Some of ...

So that's the "meal ticket" eh? ---  ;D  ...   :idiot2:

So basically anyone under 65 yrs old or has no "fat life insurance" is out of luck then,  :D

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2013, 06:03:19 PM »
Why take the money with you?  You can have the money transfer to Laos once you are there.

Advertisements