Advertisement

Author Topic: What is the best anime EVER?  (Read 43895 times)

TheAfterLife

What is the best anime EVER?
« on: February 25, 2013, 10:12:20 PM »
Look guys, I don't like melodramatic anime and sorry acting, okay. Because if it gets too boring for me and if it doesn't seem to feel real, I am turning it off with a piss off attitude.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

violet

Re: What is the best anime EVER?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 10:23:25 PM »
fruits basket  ;D

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 10:33:59 PM »
rurouni kenshin without the fillers

chidorix0x

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 06:23:09 PM »
Too many to pick just one(1), depending on what rocks your boat.

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 06:37:00 PM »
Is it an action series?
its a samurai series

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 01:21:58 AM »
i let u decide heres the 1st 30 min of it if u like it watch the rest of it

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 02:03:14 AM »
Whoa...that's way too long. Is there a summary video for this?
just watch the 1st 5 min of it then because thats all it took for me to watch the whole thing

HUNG TU LO

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 12:21:35 PM »
If you like Afro Samurai, it's likely you'll hate 99% of the anime out there. Most of the anime fall into that category of "melodramatic anime and sorry acting". It's not bad or anything; it's just the style of (conventional) anime.

What you are looking for is stuff that is American style mood and pacing like Afro Samurai. Unfortunately, like I said, those are hard to come by. Don't be fooled just because an anime is action/fighting, violent, samurais, or has muscular Marvel comic-style characters. Most of the time, these action anime are the same as other conventional anime.

Cowboy Bebop. It's like Law & Order, "24" and NCIS rolled into an anime package. Don't believe me? Watch the first episode and tell me I'm wrong. It's older and can be found on YouTube. The best part is you do not need to watch the subbed version. Oh my goodness, the American-English dub version is A+++.

Here's the 1st episode:

Trust me, you'll be hooked. Man....you got me watching it all over again now. *sigh* good times.......

You're gonna want to secure the DVDs. YouTube quality is horribad. Especially since the anime was puposely drawn to have a dark color tone.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 12:38:10 PM by HUNG TU LO »

AOZ

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 02:50:31 PM »
Golden boy?

that one was pretty funny when i watched it.   ;D  as for current ones... well... not sure if it's the best... but watched sout eater, gurran logan with kids.   ;D

chidorix0x

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 03:57:23 PM »
I have seen death note and that was the only show that I like so far.

In the "anime" world, if you've only seen "Death Note" and think that's it or the only worthwhile "anime" - which btw was/is only decent per season 1 - then you are missing out on a lot, in terms of cinematic entertainment.

Yeah, you do not care for the melodramatics, goofy acting or silliness, and comedy which is more common in Japanese cartoon/anime say versus other countries', but that aside there are a lot of Japanese anime that has none of these and are outright serious in nature even "R' rated etc., or even on-par with or above Hollywood production --- silversceen movies that is.

Here are just a few in case you ever want to check them out. (And nowadays, you can even watch them on Youtube.)

Samurai X - Trust and Betrayal, Vampire Hunter D and VHD: Bloodlust, Demon City, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Steam Boy, Lensmen, Leo the Lion --- :P, and Gundam Wing --- any series, just to name a few. Except for the last two, the rest are full featured movies where a lot Hollywood movies have either drawn inspiration from or outright copied in a live action movie or drama.

And of course fanboys of Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Yugioh, Pokeman, and Blood+ etc. etc., will scold me if I did not mention these anime series. (I personally enjoyed Naruto, season 1 and 2, which any guy in their right mind would or should, and it has nothing to do with being or wanting to be a ninja, but more so about growing up,  O0.)

chidorix0x

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2013, 02:27:30 PM »
TheAfterLife,

;D  ...  all you talked about was how bad anime series were - Bleach, Deathnote, Naruto, Pokemon - hahaha.

You said absolutely nothing about Samurai X - which by the way is feudal Japanese Batman one could argue, though more bloody - not a saint like Batman, or Demon City etc..

Nevermind, clearly you are watching something or anime - with a narrow perspective - thus there is probably nothing that will suit you. Stick to whatever else that you do watch; soap operas probably ---  :2funny:

And your perspective on Deathnote and Naruto is way, way, way off --- not even close. I'll give you a hint. In Deathnote, Light envisioned a perfect society without crime - especially death. He thought, given the power of the Deathnote, that he could create such a society. In doing so, he concluded or came to realize two things: one, people kill regardless - perfect society or not, and two, he became no better than the killers themselves being judge and executioner with the power of Deathnote. And that's just the jest of it. You read and see too many kiddy stuff in your kiddy viewpoints and perception. Why? Because you already made up your kiddy mind before even viewing these anime --  :idiot2:

chidorix0x

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2013, 08:43:00 PM »
You don't get it, don't you? Light Yagami's role was TOO DAMN LIGHT! It didn't feel deep enough for him to have a reason to pick up that book. And why earth? Why did the book chose Earth?

Stick to your "soap operas",  O0. They do not require as indepth analysis or reasoning/criticism to comprehend, much less enjoy, if just purely for entertainment. (fyi - The Deathnote did not choose Earth. It was purely by accident. Maybe you missed that episode or misunderstood/over analyzed it -  ;))

Succubus

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 01:42:03 AM »
One of my ex absolutely loved this series.  I think there were 18 (plus or minus ?) DVD.  It's very graphic and only for grown ups.

Urotsukidōji: Legend of the Overfiend

Mattster

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2013, 10:51:07 AM »
I have no true favorites.  Most of the ones mention so far have been pretty good.  Here are a few others that I have fond memories of:

Record of Lodoss War (I love the music!)
Guyver, Bio Boost Armor.
El Hazard - The Magnificent World.

And many others that deserve mentioning but I'll just stick with these for now.

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2013, 08:33:23 PM »
I have no true favorites.  Most of the ones mention so far have been pretty good.  Here are a few others that I have fond memories of:

Record of Lodoss War (I love the music!)
Guyver, Bio Boost Armor.
El Hazard - The Magnificent World.

And many others that deserve mentioning but I'll just stick with these for now.

one of the best anime that i've seen. 

vampire hunter d, ninja scroll, blood:the last vampire, and death note are also good ones.   ;D

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Advertisements