Advertisement

Author Topic: What is the best anime EVER?  (Read 44469 times)

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
Re: What is the best anime EVER?
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2013, 10:58:56 AM »
I just did and it was horrible. It wasn't as good as Batman. It's better than the old one, I have to say, but the storyline is not as good as the old one.
That new sup movie reeks of azz. Superman return was way better then man of steel.
They totally FK up that reboot. The fight scenes were awesome, however that's not superman style.
He killed more people then saving people. LOL O and in the end. SUPER LAME. Neck break. I mean come-on...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

night912

« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2013, 01:14:53 AM »
Superman is okay, but Batman is still awesome because HE'S BATMAN! YEAH!

But the question is, which Batman?

Json

« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2013, 05:33:48 PM »
Did anyone mentioned Gai Rei Zero?  I really liked that anime.   O0

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2013, 09:46:42 AM »
Just got done watching DBZ God. I want to see more. It was okay I guess, But it could of been better.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2014, 04:38:00 PM »
Basilisk isn't so bad.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

LadyLionness

« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2014, 04:43:18 PM »
Pokemon... hands down.  So many lessons.  And it's not just for kids.

Sifu

« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2014, 04:12:34 PM »
We have been through this countless of times.
Golden Boy
That's it.  Gotta' go study because everything is so f'ing educational...

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2014, 09:21:04 AM »
Basilisk isn't so bad.
The end was dumb. Everyone dies. hahaa.

LadyLionness

« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2014, 11:42:01 AM »
Hollywood movies have NO DEPTH... I don't even bother watching them anymore.  The few that I DO watch... can't compare.

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2014, 08:27:38 PM »
Pokemon... hands down.  So many lessons.  And it's not just for kids.
it was good up til he lost the battle at the end of season 1. Then it just went on... and on... and on... and on... and on... OMG it never ended... I watched a little bit into the Orange badge then I couldn't stand it no more.. LOL

LadyLionness

« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2014, 08:43:29 PM »
it was good up til he lost the battle at the end of season 1. Then it just went on... and on... and on... and on... and on... OMG it never ended... I watched a little bit into the Orange badge then I couldn't stand it no more.. LOL

I sort of agree... hahahaha... I liked it up until they started changing characters...

Sifu

« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2014, 04:13:24 PM »
Not even Legendary Pictures? Because Batman has a LOT of depths. Hollywood has some good movies and you just don't know it yet.
Hollywood makes dribble.  Then they decide to remake good foreign movies into their dribble.  Sure there are exceptions but overall 85% of Hollywood movies really aren't that great.

Sifu

« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2014, 07:40:55 PM »
Then that can go with Anime as well since their acting is very melodramatic. In fact, Asian people can't direct AT ALL! Why do you think they make movies in THEIR country rather than over here in the USA?
Uh...  Because a Hollywood Studio wouldn't pick them up so they have their own National studios do it?  Why must Hollywood do remakes of other nation's movies?  Isn't Hollywood also out of ideas or just finding new avenues to reap in heaps of dough?  Hollywood is the standard because of it's coverage, appeal and enormous budgets and monetary gain/loss but Hollywood studios are far from making great movies.  We get the same campy, emo type movies just like most animes.
Instead of trying to benefit off of it they should actually taking a stand and having some backbone.  They should release the original and *gasp* keep the actually language intact and make us actually read but Americans are sooooooo tired of reading.  How many great international movies are never even heard of or seen in their native tongue and not a redo, reboot, revamp, restart.
Asian's can't direct.  Alright.  That's almost laughable.  One of the greatest movie directors AND 'anime' directors happens to be both Asian.  If you don't even know who both of those are then you haven't seen enough movies.

Sifu

« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2014, 01:33:20 PM »
Do you see any asian directors in hollywood that is populated? The only person that I KNOW was the guy who made Broke Back Mountain and THAT'S a Hollywood movie. There's only ONE chinese guy and the rest are white people. Good luck at laughing at that...
I don't need to laugh as your post already proves you know little.  Asian directors may not have a large audience but they are available and quite market able. 
You mentioned Ahn Lee.
You forgot
- Bruce Lee
- M Night Shyamalan
- Justin Lin
- John Woo
- Tarsem Singh
- Wanye Wang
- Joan Chen
- And many, many others
Your narrow minded view that Asians can't somehow make a Hollywood movie is moot as you've already contradicted your own argument.  There is plenty of proof at how much money or successful their movies have made FOR AMERICAN audiences!
If you're wondering why there aren't more then try to understand that Hollywood, their primary objective is to make money.  Not many Americans will be able to enjoy a movie or genre they have little knowledge of; hence why American movies do well in America and abroad but it is really simple minded to assume that other markets aren't profitable.  You know it might be a bit of a shock but Japanese directed movies probably do pretty well in Japan and Korean movies probably do pretty well in Korea.  We just don't receive the coverage because *ding* Hollywood can and does dictate what we watch.
Seriously if you think every movie needs to be a blockbuster smash then step back, observe the audience and subject matter.  Maybe take some time to study a bit like Golden Boy.  Maybe go and explore other genres and see what else is out there.  Not ever movie needs a Bruckheimer explosion, or doves from a John Woo movie.  You should give great consideration on Asian cinema, Hollywood or not because you're really missing out on all kinds of good films.
I can't be mad; just a little sad that you didn't back your argument up a little better.

Like this post: +1

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2014, 09:30:51 AM »
I've never seen such a well formulated one sided explanation of facts!  Wonderful

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Advertisements