Advertisement

Author Topic: How to clean a microwave  (Read 4705 times)

Peaches

How to clean a microwave
« on: March 18, 2013, 04:01:30 PM »
Cleaning the microwave is not an easy task of daily chores. This tips clean your microwave like anyone

1 cup vinegar + 1 cup hot water + a couple slices of lemon + 10 minutes in microwave = steam clean!

Totally works. No more scum, no funky smells. Easy Peasy!

Like this post: +2

Adverstisement

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
Re: How to clean a microwave
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 10:06:45 PM »
Thanks I got to do it because the only thing that is easy to clean is taking the glass plate and soak in hot water and scrub later.

What about oven? I hate that I used it often to bake, broil, etc.  I think we Hmong use it too much and might have to start finding some other alternative like get a turbo oven.

Like this post: 0

1luv

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 10:13:23 PM »
what kind of cups are we using here?  paper or plastic or chinese pho bowls?

Calypso

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 09:29:52 AM »
Thanks for sharing, Peaches! I'm gonna try this.. O0

proudlao

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 10:35:20 AM »
That's neat but why do people let their microwave get to that point? I wipe it down with each uses.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 12:40:39 PM »
That's neat but why do people let their microwave get to that point? I wipe it down with each uses.

My kids use it so often and lazy to wipe and clean so it fall on me.  Beside my 13 yo. does dishes but they are never clean either and she still leave pots for me to do............

Peaches

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 12:55:01 PM »
Thanks I got to do it because the only thing that is easy to clean is taking the glass plate and soak in hot water and scrub later.

What about oven? I hate that I used it often to bake, broil, etc.  I think we Hmong use it too much and might have to start finding some other alternative like get a turbo oven.

I usually would soak the glass plate like you, but it's the scrubbing the interior of the microwave that is a pain.

I have that same problem with my oven too. And am still trying to find a better and easy way to clean it. I'll share when I find a solution.

what kind of cups are we using here?  paper or plastic or chinese pho bowls?

I use a Tupperware bowl, but you can use any cup or bowl that is microwaveable.

I have five kids plus there are some grown-ups that forgets or don't cover what they're putting in the microwave so after several usage, it pretty much is in this state that you see or even worse

Like this post: +1

proudlao

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 01:37:00 PM »
I see, I may have to let it get dirty so I can try this method out  :)

yuknowthat

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 06:12:19 PM »
O0

zena

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 04:08:44 PM »
Too many products + I don't keep lemons on hand.  I keep limes instead but I refuse to waste my limes!  ;D

I use a cotton cloth, soak it in a little dish soap and wipe.  Then wipe again with clean water a couple of times until clean.  Done.

Like this post: +1

moscato

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 04:19:14 PM »
Cleaning the microwave is not an easy task of daily chores. This tips clean your microwave like anyone

1 cup vinegar + 1 cup hot water + a couple slices of lemon + 10 minutes in microwave = steam clean!

Totally works. No more scum, no funky smells. Easy Peasy!

so add all these stuff into a microwable bowl and microwave it for 10mins?

shesaid

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 05:49:53 PM »
A quick way is water and Dawn in a bowl...microwa ve for 2 mins.  Let it sit to moisten the gunk and then wipe.

O0
That's what I do now too. It's easier to keep it clean if there's only 1 or 2 of you in the house. With kids, it's best to get them into the habit of using cling wrap or a napkin to cover the plate or bowl first.

Sleipnir

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2013, 11:11:11 PM »
My kids use it so often and lazy to wipe and clean so it fall on me.  Beside my 13 yo. does dishes but they are never clean either and she still leave pots for me to do............

That's why the knuckle sandwich was invented.

Sleipnir

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2013, 11:12:26 PM »
If it gets really bad, I will just buy a new microwave.  :)

Berthold

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2013, 06:10:39 AM »
If you clean yours often, just use water in a cup, have it on 3-5 min and let it sit for another 3 min...no need for vinager and lemon

Advertisements