Advertisement

Author Topic: Need help translating these words to Hmong  (Read 10686 times)

asianking

Need help translating these words to Hmong
« on: March 27, 2013, 09:22:50 AM »
I'm planning to create a website, and yes credits will be given for the helper. I need a good translation to these words. I know it's like no words for it and pls try to make as short as possible because it's most likely a button.

Sign-in
Sign-out
Register
Admin
Submit

Thanks in advance.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

chidorix0x

Re: Need help translating these words to Hmong
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 04:37:06 PM »
 ::)

1.  The US-Hmong kids won't be able to read "Ntawv Hmoob". Pointless to translate.

2.  The OGs, those already using/familiar with the Internet, knows all those English terms.

3.  Solution: None or keep it simple -- as in English. Duh.

asianking

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 11:06:00 PM »
-.-

First its not for og or young adult. Its something i like to improve our language and grow our hmong community. If this is a success, its just the beginning from good to great. The contents can be view by every hmong folks around the world.

English, spanish, chinese, korean, etc all have their own; why not us? No land or place to call home? Its an excause!

chidorix0x

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 11:42:35 PM »
Short answer.

Even if you/we did translate all those "terms", they are and will NOT be easily understood/used as they were NEVER part of the Hmong language/vocabulary. Example; computer -- how is that translated in Hmong. And if it was, how does a Hmong person know that in fact you are referring to an "intelligent algorithmic processing machine". It does not "compute". Get it now.

End of story and explanation.

But do whatever you want yo. All visionaries and pioneers do not let pessimism or obstacles hinder their dreams from becoming a reality. Good luck, you'll need it.

chidorix0x

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 11:46:50 PM »
Chi..
 I rest my case. :)

???  ...   :D  ...   O0  ...   8)   .............. .............. .............. ........   >:D

chidorix0x

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 11:49:36 PM »
You speak your mind too much. Fun to read and follow but I wouldn't want to be on your bad side.

Brutal honesty!  ...   O0  ...   8)  .............. .............. .............. .............. ..   >:D

chidorix0x

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 12:29:26 AM »
Yes indeed.

Now with that said,  please grant me the authority to be your friend so that I will never have to be on the receiving side.

The word(s) you are looking for is in fact, "permission", or better yet, "honor/privilege/homage/reverence/duty/grace/distinction/consideration/acknowledgement/resignation/bereavement"  ...   8)  ...   >:D  ...   :-*

asianking

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 01:07:43 AM »
Nvm i'll just makeup words that represent the same thing. Was hoping to see our people bundle up and take this a farther steps, but instead i see discourage people only...

Who does not understand
Tsev, kag, tso npe, tswv cuab, nyeem, thawj, tawm, tus kheej, etc...

I have created an additional php code for users with choice to select their lang perference of hmoob and eng. so far so good. Unfortunately the site is not public yet but will be in the future.

We just gonna have to get use and start off our own lang on the world wide web. For me, i think its important to keep our writting alive.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 01:21:33 AM by asianking »

chidorix0x

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 12:25:37 PM »
Nvm i'll just makeup words that represent the same thing. Was hoping to see our people bundle up and take this a farther steps, but instead i see discourage people only...

Who does not understand
Tsev, kag, tso npe, tswv cuab, nyeem, thawj, tawm, tus kheej, etc...

I have created an additional php code for users with choice to select their lang perference of hmoob and eng. so far so good. Unfortunately the site is not public yet but will be in the future.

We just gonna have to get use and start off our own lang on the world wide web. For me, i think its important to keep our writting alive.

Did I not say, "All visionaries and pioneers do not let pessimism or obstacles hinder their dreams from becoming a reality."

As for what I have "bold" in your comment, I hope you do KNOW that there are at least Seventeen (17) Version - as in Hmong writing scripts at the moment. And this number will likely INCREASE down the word as more and more Hmong individuals feely they are inclined or have become experts - ordained in some cases - in their field, education, and endowment; thus are entitled to lead the Hmong worldwide to greater enlightenment  ...    ::)  ...  :idiot2:

(btw - your choice words are  ;D  ...   :D  That's just my honest opinion  ...   ;))

asianking

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2013, 04:38:14 PM »
As for version, i only know three version, not sure where u got the 17 from. Dawb, ntsuab, phaj hauj.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2013, 04:45:35 PM »
For money or for free?

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

chidorix0x

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2013, 05:55:07 PM »
As for version, i only know three version, not sure where u got the 17 from. Dawb, ntsuab, phaj hauj.

???  ...   :D

You have a lot yet to learn then "grasshopper"  ...   8)

Fyi - Dawb and Ntsuab are SE Asia Hmong dialects -- not Hmong scripts. Both dialect mainly use the RPA Hmong script, referred to as "Ntawv Hmoob Las Tees" in Hmong.

The other Hmong scripts throughout the world, plus a few recent inceptions include: Pollard script, Lao-Hmong script, Thai-Hmong script, Viet-Hmong script, Miao/Chinese-Hmong script, and the more  :idiot2: scripts are; "Flower Cloth or Paj Ntaub" script, Ntawv Uab Lag-script, an Arabic-copy Hmong script, and this bizarre one I came across/saw and being used by its group written like this mhoob, lhub, guab, plog  ...   :2funny:  ...   :idiot2:

Btw - in case you did not know, there are in fact "4" Version of Phaj Hauj. Those, less than 1% worldwide, still using and preaching Phaj Hauj (Pahawh) nowadays, are solely/mainly using the First Version, because it was the only one they were taught, learned, and mastered. The 4th or last version supposedly is the easiest, most refined, and most applicable towards its intent, purpose, and usage -- according to its founder and co-founders.

Ua tsaug.

asianking

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2013, 06:12:57 PM »
Free...

asianking

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2013, 06:22:06 PM »
I see, but not sure why hmong thai, hmong laos, etc would have their own version. Thanks for the useful info, i thought i knew at least 50% of our ppl, but im wrong...

Btw, i think i accidently double posted; mod can remove the free post.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 06:24:40 PM by asianking »

chidorix0x

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2013, 06:30:00 PM »
/\ /\  ...  did I not say, "You have a lot yet to learn then "grasshopper"  ...   8) ."

The other "good" or "bad/SAD" thing about Hmong in general is, the more you learn, the more you are disappointed, if not outright disgusted at "peb ib haiv Hmoob" overall. That said, there is a wealth of knowledge, insight, and wisdom that one can gain from it too. So don't misunderstand me completely. I guess I am just venting. (I am just SICK, extremely sick, of all the things "peb Hmoob" has/had, did/did not, or can NEVER seem to resolve, overcome, and transcend.) I guess I better stop there.

Again, I hope you do get what you are "trying to accomplish" done. Don't let my pessimism or anyone's stop or hinder your progress and vision.

BTW -- what are you using to build your website and coding languages? Is it static or dynamic? Someday I might do something similar, is why I am asking?

Oh! Those Hmong Thai, Viet, Lao, and Chineose/Miao, they didn't create their script. What I meant is the government of said country created the script on their behalf. The Hmong of those countries just started adopting the scripts for use, including what we use -- that is RPA and Phaj Hauj etc..

« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 06:32:49 PM by chidorix0x »

Advertisements