Advertisement

Author Topic: can some of you guys who are more experienced tell me why this is...  (Read 2893 times)

Offline Toua

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
why like this? i'm no pro, but doesn't this look so washed up and the color/tone, and contrast is so off.  Just me, but i would never pay a photographer to take pictures of me like this.. The subject/framing is good, but everything else seems off..

maybe some of you more experienced photographer can fill me on this..just curious.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 11:52:35 PM by Toua »

Like this post: 0
Never risk your life for those who will not do the same...

Adverstisement

zena

Re: can some of you guys who are more experienced tell me why this is...
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 11:25:19 AM »
That's a really beautiful shot.  It captures the softness and beauty around the girl and of the girl.  I love the clear focus around her face and the blur everywhere else.  It's very dreamy.  I also notice the rim light which creates a halo like feel as if she's an angel or something of peace and beauty.

It's a type of art.  This is how the photographer expresses his/her way of what beauty looks like.  It's different for everyone and you can choose to like it or not based on your life experiences and what you think beauty is.

Keep in mind that photography isn't about the object.  It's about light and how it plays with objects and things.  There are many variations of light. :-)

zena

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 11:35:44 AM »
The only thing in that photo that gets to me is the hair on her arm.  That should have been photoshopped out or at least made less noticeable.

Eyedumgai

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 09:50:33 AM »
 Different strokes for different folks. Personally, I love this photo.

Agreed. I like the look myself, and I also think unless you have optimal lighting, it's hard to replicate the look straight from camera. This sort of look is nearly impossible without over-exposing with curves.

callaesthetics

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 04:21:46 PM »
I typically don't like overexposed images, but this one was done nicely. Highlights aren't too blown out or hard on the eyes, the image is sharp where it needs to be. Overall nice image.

kouasupra

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 08:09:30 PM »
Looks to clip the highlight for sure. Is that a bad thing? Absolutely not. One of the toughest shots are back lit photos. Those shots are design to be more washed out like the one above. The photo is suppose to give you a warm feeling.

Offline Toua

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 09:20:34 PM »
cool thanks.. learned something

Never risk your life for those who will not do the same...

Offline thehotone

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 12:02:09 PM »
i don't know if it's my screen but the chin feature is too soft. i like it when the chin and eyes are more pronouce in soften photos. still a great photo however.

Advertisements