Advertisement

Author Topic: Does anyone use Adsense on their site?  (Read 3458 times)

Offline darkhelmet

• Respect: +56
    • View Profile
Does anyone use Adsense on their site?
« on: April 30, 2013, 08:52:50 AM »
I know PH uses it.  What's your ballpark income from it and what are some of the things you have done to improve it? 
I've been using it for about 3 years and wondering if I'm missing something or we can share info.

Like this post: 0
I made you read this.

Adverstisement

PRINCESS.

Re: Does anyone use Adsense on their site?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 12:57:45 AM »
What's your ballpark figure per month? Mind sharing your sites?

Offline darkhelmet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 11:44:34 PM »
What's your ballpark figure per month? Mind sharing your sites?

My site is in my signature.  $10/day.  I used to update it everyday, but been slacking.  Have not updated in 4 months, but revenue has been increasing slightly...hav e done some promo like posting in related forum, asking for site review, got my site reviewed at hongkiat.com is probably the best traffic, next to google traffic, which accounts for 50%.

I made you read this.

PRINCESS.

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 12:45:53 AM »
My site is in my signature.  $10/day.  I used to update it everyday, but been slacking.  Have not updated in 4 months, but revenue has been increasing slightly...hav e done some promo like posting in related forum, asking for site review, got my site reviewed at hongkiat.com is probably the best traffic, next to google traffic, which accounts for 50%.

I've taken a look at your site. What are your traffic numbers? Keywords and CPC? You can PM me this for the sake of privacy. Don't worry, I won't steal them bc I don't do this for a living. One of my exgf was a pro at this and built hundreds of sites, monetizing them with adsense while she was in college. She was making over 6 figures per month for her boss. I'll tell you some of the secrets she told me.

Okay, right off the bat I see two banner image ads. One on top as your header and the other one to the left side. Is the banner in the heading where you convert click-thrus the most? People are blind to banner ads and they don't convert very well, however I have a hunch the header is where you're getting most of the clicks since it blends very well with your overall site. You can keep that there as it is. Next, remove the image ad on the left and replace that with a text ad block surrounded by text, placing that text ad on the right side within your articles.

I'll PM you with an example.

zena

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 04:33:21 PM »
On my blog, I recently removed the ads that I placed right after the first post and at the bottom of the first page.  I was generating a few cents here and there...maybe a couple of dollars but not enough to get a check.  Now I only have it to where I choose which ad I want to use based on what I used for that blog post.  I'm not quite sure which direction to go with my blog.  I haven't had the time to really sit down and plan it out...maybe someday.

PRINCESS.

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 07:15:55 PM »
On my blog, I recently removed the ads that I placed right after the first post and at the bottom of the first page.  I was generating a few cents here and there...maybe a couple of dollars but not enough to get a check.  Now I only have it to where I choose which ad I want to use based on what I used for that blog post.  I'm not quite sure which direction to go with my blog.  I haven't had the time to really sit down and plan it out...maybe someday.

Text-ad blocks placed within your first paragraph always work the best. What was your Click Through Rate (CTR)? Between 5% to 10% is a pretty good number. Another factor is having enough traffic. Most importantly, imo, is Cost Per Click (CPC) for your target keywords.

darkhelmet is actually doing quite well for his keyword, considering his CPC is only between 50 cents and $1.50.

I can PM you the same ad placement example I showed darkhelmet if you want.

zena

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 04:58:46 PM »
Wow!!  I checked my adsense account and I actually have $14.18 waiting for me!!!!  OMG.  I'm sooo excited.  Of course, I can't get this money until I provide my tax info.  :-\

It's measly, I know...but last I checked, I had about $2 or so.

...and yes, definitely pm me the info.

zena

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 05:08:20 PM »
btw, where can I find my CTR? 

Offline darkhelmet

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2013, 11:12:23 AM »
btw, where can I find my CTR? 

check your adsense account, and click on "performance report" tab

I made you read this.

zena

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 01:11:26 PM »
check your adsense account, and click on "performance report" tab

Thanks!  My CTR is very low.

For some reason my ads are on hold.  I think it's because I never provided my info.  I've just updated them so we'll see what happens.

Offline darkhelmet

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 11:39:41 PM »
Thanks!  My CTR is very low.

For some reason my ads are on hold.  I think it's because I never provided my info.  I've just updated them so we'll see what happens.

You have to provide your info.  They'll send you a 1099-MISC form at the end of the year that you file with your taxes.

I made you read this.

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
  • Respect: +83
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2013, 02:52:52 PM »
My father is generating pretty well with the youtube AdSense.  :)

Making a hundred friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a single friend who will stand by your side even when hundreds are against you.

Advertisements