Advertisement

Author Topic: Exposing Hmong 18 Counsel Clan  (Read 27816 times)

Hmong-Everything

Exposing Hmong 18 Counsel Clan
« on: May 30, 2013, 04:03:57 PM »
It's astonishing to understand that the Hmong community allows 18 old men to control and decide how we should communicate and think.  Us, being the younger generation who study and learned through the American education system; we have to shut up and listen to these 18 members decide what is best for us.

We allow these old farts with little to no education to advise our problems/issues and life.  These 18 counsel member have no knowledge of American History.  What they understand is the ways of the Hmong traditions and how they can apply that to American rules and regulations. 

The 18 counsel members don't represent 18 hmong clans.  They represent greed; they exploit the hmong culture and profit through the hmong ignorance.  The Hmong community is very secretive.  Hmongs like to keep their problems within their community/family.  The reason for 18 counsil is to have Hmongs report abuse and dysfunctional activity.  18 counsil is just another filter to block these activities from ever going "public."  Hmongs dont like losing face so they will always keep things hush-hush.  18 counsil helps them with doing that.  Hmong 18 counsel are the best "Sweet talkers" - what I mean by sweet talk is they sugar coat everything.  Manipulating and using calm, soft words to bring a temparory solutions to the problem but never solving it.     

They present themselves as being fair to the hmong community but yet give no respect to hmong women.  They will not allow a woman to represent them as a counsel member.  These are barriers that needs to be address but will not because they feel the need to control and supress our community.  Instead of creating an "organization" to help the hmong community, what 18 counsel does is create another "barrier."  Especially hmong women and children, they are the ones suffering. 

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

Special_K

Re: Exposing Hmong 18 Counsel Clan
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 04:09:32 PM »
I for one don't allow them to govern me!

Like this post: 0

Offline Sith

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +322
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 04:21:46 PM »

wow. someone is certainly mad.

:2funny: :2funny:

Offline Vandal Savage

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +232
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 04:49:40 PM »
It's just funny how some people get so worked up over things.  I've been around longer than the 18 Clan Council and have never been affected by them. 

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 05:35:46 PM »
It's astonishing to understand that the Hmong community allows 18 old men to control and decide how we should communicate and think.  Us, being the younger generation who study and learned through the American education system; we have to shut up and listen to these 18 members decide what is best for us.

We allow these old farts with little to no education to advise our problems/issues and life.  These 18 counsel member have no knowledge of American History.  What they understand is the ways of the Hmong traditions and how they can apply that to American rules and regulations. 

The 18 counsel members don't represent 18 hmong clans.  They represent greed; they exploit the hmong culture and profit through the hmong ignorance.  The Hmong community is very secretive.  Hmongs like to keep their problems within their community/family.  The reason for 18 counsil is to have Hmongs report abuse and dysfunctional activity.  18 counsil is just another filter to block these activities from ever going "public."  Hmongs dont like losing face so they will always keep things hush-hush.  18 counsil helps them with doing that.  Hmong 18 counsel are the best "Sweet talkers" - what I mean by sweet talk is they sugar coat everything.  Manipulating and using calm, soft words to bring a temparory solutions to the problem but never solving it.     

They present themselves as being fair to the hmong community but yet give no respect to hmong women.  They will not allow a woman to represent them as a counsel member.  These are barriers that needs to be address but will not because they feel the need to control and supress our community.  Instead of creating an "organization" to help the hmong community, what 18 counsel does is create another "barrier."  Especially hmong women and children, they are the ones suffering. 

That's nothing new with the "clan". Plus this is America, the 18 clan don't "control" me or many other Hmong-Americans. In fact, they don't have much to say about anything here.

Luther

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 05:43:14 PM »
I wonder how these hmong council get elected?  ???

the same way they get selected on PH. The guy with the most post and games ;D

Sleipnir

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 05:56:01 PM »
I don't even know who they are or what you're talking about.

People can only control you if you allow them to.

diamondgirl

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 06:11:35 PM »
My dad and his cohorts are members of the 18 clan council. Their mentality is the complete opposite of mine and we butt heads a lot. My solution has been a simple one: move away! I mean physically remove yourself from their presence. Their world or should I say "bubble" they live in is very tiny and once you venture away from that... go travel to new places, meet people of different backgrounds, and discover the world in your own eyes... that is the only way to grow your mind.

Like this post: +3

Json

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 06:37:38 PM »
Where does this 18 clan counsel reside?  Do they make special appearances?  Website?  Facebook?

Sydney

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 06:48:41 PM »

They say if you live life in a pond, you are restricted by what is thrown at you.  If you, by chance, swim across the border and enter into a flowing stream, you develop greater strength to go against the current. 

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 06:51:50 PM »

The 18 counsel members don't represent 18 hmong clans.  They represent greed; they exploit the hmong culture and profit through the hmong ignorance.  The Hmong community is very secretive.  Hmongs like to keep their problems within their community/family.  The reason for 18 counsil is to have Hmongs report abuse and dysfunctional activity. 18 counsil is just another filter to block these activities from ever going "public."  Hmongs dont like losing face so they will always keep things hush-hush.  18 counsil helps them with doing that.  Hmong 18 counsel are the best "Sweet talkers" - what I mean by sweet talk is they sugar coat everything.  Manipulating and using calm, soft words to bring a temparory solutions to the problem but never solving it.     

I'm confused about these two statements. One is the opposite to the other, yet both claim they are reasons the Council was created.

Clarify please.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 06:53:09 PM »
Oh, OK. I think I've got it now: the first statement is your thinking of what the Council should be based on; the second is what the Council actually does or is.

Enough said.

"...

MilesDaddy

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2013, 08:31:45 PM »
Why are there no women in 18 clan? At lease as co chair of each clan.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2013, 09:53:12 PM »
Why are there no women in 18 clan? At lease as co chair of each clan.

As you may already know from your in-laws, the Hmong men carry the clan name. A woman doesn't. So, a woman cannot represent a clan. She has two with her, of course: her biological clan and her husband's clan. But her father or brother represents her biological clan; her husband or his father represent her husband's clan. She's really aced out.

That's the traditional way. Today, I think women should be able to be on the Council and represent a particular clan. Just a matter of respect for all three genders--male, female, and gay.

"...

MilesDaddy

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2013, 10:14:12 PM »
As you may already know from your in-laws, the Hmong men carry the clan name. A woman doesn't. So, a woman cannot represent a clan. She has two with her, of course: her biological clan and her husband's clan. But her father or brother represents her biological clan; her husband or his father represent her husband's clan. She's really aced out.

That's the traditional way. Today, I think women should be able to be on the Council and represent a particular clan. Just a matter of respect for all three genders--male, female, and gay.
agreed

Advertisements