Advertisement

Author Topic: Game of thrones...  (Read 12772 times)

LION HEART

Re: Game of thrones...
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2015, 01:12:41 PM »
I've read all the books and the show is based on the books  ;). I like watching the show to compare and to see how well the directors/producers/actors do their thing.  It's enjoyable in that sense.  I'm just not in any rush to finish all the seasons the way I finished the books because the book was awesome.  Of course with all that reading, there is no way I can remember every detail.  My husband just finished the first book so it's much clearer in him mind, whereas, the 5th book is clearest to me...aside from the 3rd book, which was my favorite of all 5.

[SPOILERS BEYOND THIS POINT]
Thanks for the heads up on the show.  The 5th book goes beyond that: Jon Snow does get stabbed by the Night's Watch.  They turned against him (because he planned to leave the Wall to Winterfell to save Arya--he doesn't know that it's the fake Arya) and they stabbed him quite a few times in his stomach, arms, sides, etc.  He falls in the snow and and everything turns black (or white) or something but it's not stated that he dies.  My guess is Melisandre (the red priestess) will save him in the 6th book or his wounds weren't that deep or something, I hope.  Stannis leaves the Wall to get more soldiers when Jon Snow was stabbed.  Theon Grejoy escapes Winterfell (long story) with the fake Arya, not the real Arya.  The fake Arya had married Prince Ramsey but she's only a maid or servant which Ramsey is aware of but played it like it was real just so they can take over Winterfell.  Ramesy is just as bad as Joffrey.  In their escape, Theon and the fake Arya were saved by the Braavosi's who came to collect money, whom were sent to Winterfell by Jon Snow.  After Ned Stark's beheading, Arya runs away and meets Gendry (the TV show has Gendry at Kings Landing and he is not the way I imagined him).  In this book, Arya ends up doing some serious training with a master of some kind..I can't remember his name but I believe she met him already at Harrenhal while he was under a masked/different facial identity.  While Arya trained, she was given a new name, Cat and also, no name.  Danearys finally rides her dragon...somet hing she's been wanting to do...but the ending ends without an end and Daneary's story isn't that great.  The dragon part wasn't as exciting as I had hoped.  What confuses me a little about Daneary's story are the groups, the Shavepates and Second Sons.  Tyrion and Ser Jorah ends up joining the Second Sons but I'm not sure if the Second Sons are good or bad.  It doesn't matter if they are good or bad.  I like both.  It just helps to know.  My guess at the moment is I can't trust either groups.

/START SPOILERS

/END SPOILERS

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

zena

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2015, 01:31:04 PM »
Even I don't trust Ser Barristan Selmy even though he has always been good. I didn't think he was that old but the TV show made him look so old.  How strange though, I don't like either Varys or Petyr Baelish (Little Finger)....but I like that I don't like them.

BTW, I like how the author names his characters.  Little Finger...haha.  And, I've always said Baratheon, as Bara - theon with the stronger syllable at Bara.  But it's actually, Ba - ra - theon, with the bolded the strong syllable.  LOL!!!!  I even thought Tyrion's name was pronounced "Tie - ree - an."  How foolish!  ;D

LION HEART

« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2015, 05:24:07 PM »
Even I don't trust Ser Barristan Selmy even though he has always been good. I didn't think he was that old but the TV show made him look so old.  How strange though, I don't like either Varys or Petyr Baelish (Little Finger)....but I like that I don't like them.

BTW, I like how the author names his characters.  Little Finger...haha.  And, I've always said Baratheon, as Bara - theon with the stronger syllable at Bara.  But it's actually, Ba - ra - theon, with the bolded the strong syllable.  LOL!!!!  I even thought Tyrion's name was pronounced "Tie - ree - an."  How foolish!  ;D

The only reason I mentioned Selmy was because he was loyal to The Mad King.  It wasn't until he recovered from his injuries and the former had fallen that he would continue his work even under new rule. 

Littlefinger is his nickname because of where he's from; if you look at the map of Westeros, his homeland is literally fingers.  Eventually, he'll get what's coming to him. 

zena

« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2015, 02:36:59 PM »
The only reason I mentioned Selmy was because he was loyal to The Mad King.  It wasn't until he recovered from his injuries and the former had fallen that he would continue his work even under new rule. 

Littlefinger is his nickname because of where he's from; if you look at the map of Westeros, his homeland is literally fingers.  Eventually, he'll get what's coming to him.

I don't disagree about Ser Barristan but you know how Mr. Martin is, he will challenge the goodhearted and/or loyal ones.  That happened to Jon Snow in his own story.  I've learned not to trust that I know the characters because Mr. Martin will totally do something different.

I know what you mean about Littlefinger.  I was simply stating that his name is funny because Mr. Martin has the weirdest way of naming his world and its people.

BTW, last night I watched the episode where they showed Rickon.  Disappointed.  Not only that scene but there were other scenes that were not portrayed correctly, but more so, I was vexed by some of the acting.  I'm not going to go into details because I'm not looking for debate.  Just sharing my personal thoughts.  I did get excited about what's coming up.

zena

« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2015, 05:32:09 PM »
I haven't seen the opening of season 5 but I'm also not too excited to see it.  I've actually only seen season 1 and it wasn't what I had expected but it wasn't bad either.  Just different.  I do, however, love these two characters.  They are both so beautiful.

Emilia Clarke as Danaerys.  She's so pretty as herself (left image).

...and, Jon Snow and Danaerys will never cross paths but it's really neat to see them together.  They look so good together.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2015, 06:36:41 PM »
Finally!  Some action in game of thrones!

But it's already close to the end of the season!  Cheezez!  This season wasn't that action filled, it seemed to be mostly alot of fillers.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2015, 07:21:47 PM »
Wow, cerise really is crafty...

Anyways, when those nuns was cutting her hair and those peasants were throwing things at her...

I was like "the whole city is going to burn".

I hope she gets her revenge on the sparrows and the peasents...

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Redemption

« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2015, 10:13:22 PM »
I really like Game of Thrones, but they take an awfully long time to build up the action. It's almost like they have too much going on, and not enough time to show it all. If you don't pay attention to each and every word, you're going to miss some clues about the whole series.

*spoiler alert*

My theories:

John Snow can't be dead. John Snow isn't Eddard Stark's bastard son, but Eddard's sister's son with the Mad King. Robert Strong is the reanimated Mountain. Tyrion isn't Tywin's real son either, but a Targaryen and Lannister. So it seems the three lead characters seem to be John Snow, Tyrion Lannister, and Daenerys Targaryen. All having Dragon Blood.... All matching the prophecy, the three dragon riders.

Just theories, don't hate.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2015, 05:37:37 AM »
Ummm, there's no way John snow can come back and to life with all those stabs

Redemption

« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2015, 01:18:23 PM »
Ummm, there's no way John snow can come back and to life with all those stabs

Probably not without some sort of magic. There is magic that can raise him. Will they? I'm thinking so.

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2015, 08:13:28 PM »
am i the only who saw the witch come back, she'll resurrect him

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2015, 09:24:58 PM »
I know what all the guys are thinking though.....

"Yay!  Finally!!!"

Advertisements