Advertisement

Author Topic: How I did it: Bulk to cut (210 lbs to 170 lbs)  (Read 42975 times)

Traps

Re: How I did it: Bulk to cut (210 lbs to 170 lbs)
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2013, 05:10:11 PM »
Oh, I love to cuddle with those legs. :D ;D I find them very appealing. Left clicked & saved.

Now, you've made my day.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Traps

« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2013, 05:11:43 PM »
I'm no where close to traps.  Hopefully by next summer but I doubt it.

Just keep hitting them hard bro.  Just remember to go deep on squats, hack squats, or leg presses.

Json

« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2013, 07:29:48 PM »
Just keep hitting them hard bro.  Just remember to go deep on squats, hack squats, or leg presses.
I'll keep that in mind.  Thanks a bunch.

Traps

« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2013, 04:51:16 PM »
Is this a sticky now?

Anyhow, since I revealed how I shed the fat, now I will be revealing how I will bulk back up again.  At 5'9, I feel tiny being 170 lbs.  I would like to be around at least 190 lbs while still trying to be somewhat lean.  The goal is to get back up to 210-220 very slowly then cut back down to a lower bodyfat.  The first time I did it, I added too much calories too soon and I put on more bodyfat then I would have liked.  This time, it's going to be a much longer and slower process to minimize fat gain.  The changes will be minimal so there won't be much update.

As of right now, this is where I'm at.  175 lbs with slightly more bodyfat than what was shown in my video. 

As I go up in weight, the fat gain is inevitable so the only thing I can do is to minimize it through careful monitoring and diet modifications.  Exercises won't change much.  No traditional cardio will be added.     

Like this post: +2

Traps

« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2013, 05:16:52 PM »
Sorry, I stickied so you can find it easier. LOL Great pix!! O0 Do you want me to un-sticky it? ???

It's up to you.  I just don't want to come off as an attention whore.  Just trying to give some general ideas for the Hmong bro and sis on how to shed fat or add muscle.  The video and pictures were just to verify that I wasn't all talk and no show.

Json

« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2013, 06:56:58 PM »
 O0

Traps

« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2013, 05:27:44 PM »
I don't see how or why anyone would think that way? The only people who would feel that way are probably just jealous or insecure with their bodies. I think it's great motivation for everyone and it's great that you have pictures to show for it. It goes to show that hard work does pay off!

If anyone has a problem, they can talk to me! :2funny: :2funny:

Thanks for having my back TH  O0.  I guess when you're showing half naked pictures of yourself, some folks are bound to conceive that as being egotistic or attention seeking but that tends to happen mainly with folks outside of the whole fitness culture lifestyle.   

JustMe

« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2013, 05:33:21 PM »
Thanks for posting this up.. I been unintentionaly dirty bulking up this past years..lol.  I'll try to cut this November. 

Traps

« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2013, 08:27:43 PM »
I know for SURE that we ladies do not have any problems with you men showing off some skin. I think it's sexy and great that we do have hot/muscular hmong men among us who is confidence with their bodies. And I speak for all the PH ladies.  :D ;D ;)

It would be nice if more Hmong ladies posted pictures of their physiques too so others can be inspired.  I think it can definitely be done while still being classy.

Thanks for posting this up.. I been unintentionaly dirty bulking up this past years..lol.  I'll try to cut this November. 

Just don't get too carried away with it since unlike muscle cells, fat cells can multiply.  That's one of the reasons why obese folks have a harder time maintaining their weight lost.  Once they've multiplied, they're always going to be there (unless you get liposuction) but they only shrink during weight lost so there is more available fat cells to potentially store fat.

k_vng88

« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2013, 03:44:32 AM »
 Are you planning to compete in the future? Glad the bulking/shredding is working for you. Why not just stay lean and use the grow into the show method. I find all that bulking is unnecessary since u have to shred so much off just to get back down to 170lb (for that phase).

Traps

« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2013, 05:03:00 PM »
Are you planning to compete in the future? Glad the bulking/shredding is working for you. Why not just stay lean and use the grow into the show method. I find all that bulking is unnecessary since u have to shred so much off just to get back down to 170lb (for that phase).

Competing in bodybuilding is something I have no interest in.  If I was to compete in anything, it would probably be powerlifting but that will have to wait until my injuries heal up.  I could stay lean year round but then I wouldn't be able to put on as much muscle because that means that I would either be at a maintenance or deficit with my caloric balance.  I agree that excessive bulking where you're putting on a lot of fat is unnecessary but that was just a one time experiment.

I don't follow the sport of bodybuilding much so you'll have to explain to me what the grow into the show method is.   

JustMe

« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2013, 05:23:09 PM »
Steroids and some growth hormones.. its probably something you can't do naturally..

k_vng88

« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2013, 09:12:38 PM »
 In the off season stay fairly lean don't bulk up so much, in precontest season you're already at that ideal weight making it shorter/easier to get to stage ready and with the time left to the show you pack on the muscle that you can until the show(grow in to the show). Instead of just bulking and bulking in the off season and then cutting and shredding down for a show or an ideal weight. I never experiment with bulking and then shredding for the purpose of building muscle, just always stay with the steady building muscle, the trade off is maintaining the muscle you already have and then trying to grow more too.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 09:16:19 PM by k_vng88 »

Traps

« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2013, 04:10:13 PM »
Do you have any before and after results from using this method?  It sounds to me like you do a fairly clean/slow bulk in the off season then you try to add even more mass when the show gets closer.  I take it that your bodyfat is not competition ready during your off season.  How many weeks out are you from the show when you start trying to add more mass?  You would have to be in a caloric surplus to add any decent amount of muscle mass (unless you're on AAS) so I don't see how being in a caloric surplus could benefit you a couple weeks out from the show when you need to be at your leanness.

I know that carbing up can help your muscles look fuller the day of the show depending on how depleted you are but it doesn't sound like that's what you're referring to.  Every natural bodybuilder that I know will either do a slow or fast bulk during the off season then start cutting a couple weeks out from the show.  The cons of a slow bulk is that you gain less muscle but have a shorter time to cut the fat while the cons of a fast bulk is that you gain more muscle but require a longer time to cut. 

The method you mentioned definitely intrigues me since I have never heard of a contest prep that requires no cutting/calorie deficit.  Hopefully, you can help explain the physiological mechanisms that are happening with this method.

k_vng88

« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2013, 06:09:07 PM »
 This is 1 month after my last show at 165lb, On stage I was 160lb. In my off season before my prep I was no more than 180lbs. I learn all that calorie cutting could of been avoided or made shorter for me the plan this time is to stay lean and closer to competition weight in the off season. I didn't say there was no calorie cutting involve, you sort of explain it. Do a fairly clean/slow bulk in the off season then 3months out to contest you cut calorie/weight down to stage ready like u already know with the clean bulk off season you will hit your target stage weight/condition sooner than you need to. With the time left to the show u can use to grow in to it I do it with high protein/low carb diet depending how my condition is at that time. It really comes down to what works for u considering the time you have with your daily routine and how your body react.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 04:20:08 AM by k_vng88 »

Advertisements