Advertisement

Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 13364 times)

zena

Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2016, 07:40:14 PM »
AH, then you should be reading Leviathan Wakes. There's a TV show about it already. It's called, "The Expanse." There are 3 books that deals with government problems between Belters, Earth, and Mars. You will like it since I have the book. It's pretty cool...and very long...

You should also checkout Steelheart. It's a pretty cool Superhero novel book. You will love it!

I've read them both.  I liked them but neither were exciting enough to keep me going with the next book.  Also, Steelheart was too cliche.  I don't mind cliche if done tastefully but it wasn't tasteful.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

zena

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2016, 02:25:23 PM »
Yes, reading is good even books that aren't that great because we learn from it.  Good for you for wanting to write.  If you ever get to it, share some of your writings in the creative writing forum.

zena

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2016, 03:32:47 PM »
Post it on wattpad.

zena

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2016, 06:14:37 PM »
Nope.  Wattpad.  It's where indie authors share their stories.

zena

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2016, 06:03:15 PM »
Hmm. Maybe....

I want to read books that are fantasy, fiction, sci-fi-, and superheroes since I am more into the superheroes genre. If you had anything in mind about heroic books, I would LOVE to check them out. I am a music major, but I am majoring in creative writing. I score my music for my story and I am going to pursue this as a career.

That's my genre of interest too but for sci-fi I like post-apocalyptic and space opera best.  Fantasy, prefer anything with swords, dragons, castles, unusual creatures and of course magic or paranormal stuff.  Fantasy, fiction and sci-fi is too general.  There are superheroes in all the genre mentioned.  Here's what I recommend:

1. The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon - it's a paranormal post-apocalyptic sci-fi.  There are cool fight scenes and gore.
2. Game of Thrones by George RR Martin - it's full on fantasy.  Read all the series if you haven't.  The best book is book 3.  It's not like the tv show.  It's so much better.
3. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card - it's sci-fi with outer space.  If you've seen the movie you already know the surprise but either way, it's a great book. 
4. The 5th Wave - it's post-apocalyptic sci-fi.  Great fight scenes, great military stuff, great weapons.  So good.

If anything look up heroic sci-fi or fantasy on Goodreads.com and you'll get a list.

That's awesome what you're doing in school.  Good luck in your creative writing class and music.  Those two go together nicely.

zena

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2016, 10:14:37 AM »
Cool, that's all up my alley except for the Christian stuff.  Just don't find it fits well in sci-fi and fantasy.  I enjoy made up religions though.

Advertisements