Advertisement

Author Topic: What a wonderful world  (Read 6090 times)

supadupac

Re: What a wonderful world
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2013, 08:15:58 AM »
so yesterday me and wifey went to the bike shop.. i rode two bikes.. one Fuji with a aluminum alloy rear, aluminum alloy triangle and carbon forks. This Fuji was priced at a close out price at 980$. the Fuji had Shimano Ultegra shifters, derailuers and brakes were decent. Actually the brakes were pretty nice but the ride was mediocre. The bike shifted well, but it rode okay, it wasn't like floating on air and the handling, it's good but not amazing.. but okay, lets talk about the one im going to buy

The JAMIS VENTURA RACE! This race should have a close out price but they're still selling it for retail for some reason. The price on this guy is 1190$. I see places online selling them for 1000$ now. I mean, i would do online but like, i'm really scared about their shipping and warranty and such and Bikes & Fitness are pretty legit with great reviews, even better than Erikcs. Anyways bak to the bike. This bike has a step up everything from the Fuji. The forks are carbon, the frame is a klassis alloy frame with carbon innertubing and it's even got a carbon tail! Which makes the ride so0o0 freakin smooth. The shifters, derailuers, and brakes are all Shimano 105's! Basically Shimano carries 5 different levels, the level 3 are the Shimano 105 sets and the one below the Shimano 105's are the Ultegra's that were on the Fuji. So this is a step up, especially good for entry level to becoming advance. Anyways, i took the bike for a ride and noticed a immediate difference. The carbon tail, that sheds off a few grams, made a huge diference in the handling and the ride. It was like i was riding on air and getting a work out. The ride was so smooth and the handling was super sensitive (Which i love!), a little too much weight or a little nudge on the handle bar adn u can just feel the bike wanting to go the way you want to go.. the ride, was amazing.. i absolutely am in love with the Ventura Bike.. for the price of 1200$, it's a nice bike. I want to go look at other bikes but this ventura bike was a 48, and so the standover was perfect! everything wa just perfect. The ojnly flaw i can think of is the white seat and the white handle bars. They get drity :/ .. but man, im going to go after this weekend and hopefully they'll still have it and im going to purchase it

here's a photo of the jamis ventura race

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

supadupac

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2013, 07:42:49 AM »
So far, class is okay. I guess I've really attended only one class. The other class is tmrw and one is online. The online is so weird, i guess it's kind of like a message board thing, but i suppose that's fine. I have to do some reading. but otherwise all is well.

it's been quite hot lately so me and my wife have slept at my inlaws for the past two nights. yesterday my mom texts me to go sleep over there too but there's not much room so we go to my inlaws. but the internet is a little better at my moms so we could use it for homework and such. othewise, same old same old..

i really should get back on my diet but i just had a steak and egg mcmuffin for greakfast from mcdonalds.. man was it good.. i havent had something that good from mcdonalds in a long time

supadupac

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2014, 08:41:43 AM »
I wonder if I am just feeling a little selfish this morning or a little unappreciated ..

supadupac

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2014, 09:04:43 AM »
OMFG I GOT THE JOB GUYS! WAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

now i hope my background check goes through, my buddy says his took 17 days.. damn they really do take a look at your background lol

proudlao

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2014, 09:20:41 AM »
Congrats!!  O0

supadupac

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2014, 09:47:52 AM »
Congrats!!  O0

thanks yo! haha i did work pretty hard here as a contractor

proudlao

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2014, 10:15:44 AM »
Good to know there are places still value hardwork, and pay dividen. We all know in the white men's world, it's never fair  ;D

supadupac

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2014, 10:52:36 AM »
Good to know there are places still value hardwork, and pay dividen. We all know in the white men's world, it's never fair  ;D

hahha i hope your work is valued too1

minorcharacter

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2014, 12:01:00 PM »
Congrats buddy, what are you doing now?

supadupac

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2014, 09:28:00 AM »
Congrats buddy, what are you doing now?

still the same thing, end user support tier 2/3 .. worddd..

supadupac

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2014, 09:28:24 AM »
this page was intentionally left blank

« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 09:31:29 AM by SupaDupaC »

minorcharacter

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2014, 09:50:24 AM »
still the same thing, end user support tier 2/3 .. worddd..
Awesome, good to hear that!  When I hear people say they got a new job and they're still doing the same thing it can only mean that it's an upgrade in pay or other benefits.  Unless it's horrid and worst then in that case I'll buy you a beer or something...

supadupac

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2014, 09:39:43 AM »
Awesome, good to hear that!  When I hear people say they got a new job and they're still doing the same thing it can only mean that it's an upgrade in pay or other benefits.  Unless it's horrid and worst then in that case I'll buy you a beer or something...

nah, haha ill buy you a beer :) hahaha

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2014, 01:10:35 PM »
I've said it in a different thread but not sure if you saw it so I'll say it again.....  congrats, Supa!   O0

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

supadupac

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2015, 09:03:41 AM »
Weather is getting nicer. I think this weekend me and my wife will go pick up our bikes at my parents house.. I've also been really wanting to wash my car.. I havent washed it since Mid February and with all the snow and salt since that date it's looking quite dirty. I think I'll go to my parents house and wash it also, theyve got a nice drive way, a hose and a shop vacuum I can actually use and it can save me like 10 to 15 dollars.. Im gonna go by some spray wax detailer too..ahh i miss my car when it was new and shiney..

here it is, only a few days with me

Advertisements