Advertisement

Author Topic: Official Silver & Black Thread  (Read 113025 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1323
    • View Profile
Re: Official Silver & Black Thread
« Reply #945 on: October 03, 2023, 02:20:16 PM »
Again, could've just kept the coach that the players already have trust and faith in...Hope I'm wrong going forward because I want my Raiders to do well but it's unlikely...IMO .

'Smarten up': Raiders owner Mark Davis answers frustrated fans

The Las Vegas Raiders have started the season 1-3 and their fans are so fed up, they've taken to confronting team owner Mark Davis during games.

Davis was in attendance for the Raiders' 24-17 loss against the Chargers in Los Angeles, watching from his open-air, suite-level seats at SoFi Stadium. Fans of his team found him during the game and loudly voiced their displeasure about Las Vegas' performance especially as it related to second-year head coach Josh McDaniels in a video posted to TikTok.

"Fire him! Fire him!" shouted the fans in the video from TikTok user @mrruba_hp.

"Smarten up! Use your head!" Davis shouted back.

Josh McDaniels' Raiders tenure
Las Vegas hired Josh McDaniels, the Patriots' former offensive coordinator, to be their head coach ahead of the 2022 season. In his first season, the Raiders began the year 2-7 before finishing 4-4 down the stretch to end McDaniels' first year at 6-11. This year, with quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo taking over under center, the team is off to a 1-3 start with their only win coming against a bad Broncos team, moving their head coach's record down to 7-14.

McDaniels isn't without a fair share of the blame for the team's poor performance over his first two seasons thus far. In 2022, the Raiders blew 17-point leads in three different games, displaying a nearly unbelievable inability to close out games while holding the lead. Last year, Las Vegas also was the only team to lose a game to the Jeff Saturday-led Colts as the former center made his head coaching debut in the wake of Frank Reich's firing.

In 2023, McDaniels has already made one of the most questionable coaching decisions of any team this season. On Sunday Night Football in Week 3, the Raiders were losing to the Steelers, 23-15, late in the fourth quarter. With two and a half minutes remaining, Las Vegas faced a 4th & 4 play on Pittsburgh's 8-yard line. Rather than continuing the drive to attempt a touchdown and two-point conversion to tie the game late, McDaniels opted to send Daniel Carlson out to kick a 26-yard field goal. The Steelers remained in the lead and the Raiders still needed a touchdown to overcome their now five-point deficit.

Las Vegas lost the game, 23-18.

Josh McDaniels contract and hot seat status
With the team struggling so heavily under McDaniels, it's fair to wonder whether he's truly on the hot seat, as the fans in the TikTok video would hope. The answer is not clear.

According to Sportico, the head coach's four-year contract with the Raiders pays him an annual salary of $10 million.

While McDaniels' Raiders struggled in 2022, Davis still expressed his support for the first-year head coach and his team.

Then a report came out from Los Angeles Times writer Bill Plaschke that suggested the team owner did not have enough money to fire McDaniels and eat the cost of the contract.

On top of the money they owe their current head coach, Las Vegas is still paying his predecessor, Jon Gruden. Gruden resigned from the position in 2021 after emails he sent featuring racist, misogynistic and homophobic remarks leaked. The team still owed him $40 million when he left the organization, but Davis said they had reached a settlement with Gruden on that owed money. The terms of the settlement remain undisclosed.

Mark Davis's net worth
With tens of millions of dollars committed to the Raiders' last two head coaches, along with the money required to pay the salary of the rest of the coaching staff and 53 players on the roster, it's possible that Davis really can't fire McDaniels.

Forbes has Davis' net worth listed at $2.3 billion, which places him in the bottom half of all NFL owners by net worth.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: October 03, 2023, 05:45:09 PM »
I’m okay with McDaniels since he let Carr go. Now I want McDaniels gone! I don’t like his play callings. We got weapons, use them!

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: October 05, 2023, 06:27:18 PM »
It's not official until it's official for Tom Brady:

Tom Brady's Raiders ownership stake stalled over discount price he was given

It's not a mystery why an NFL franchise would want Tom Brady as part of its ownership group. He's the greatest winner in NFL history, he brings attention and perhaps some of his leadership would affect the team in a positive way.

However, Brady can't just be handed an ownership stake.

Mark Maske and Nicki Jhabvala of Washington Post reported that Brady's part-ownership stake in the Las Vegas Raiders is still being held up in part because of the discount he was given. One of the three sources cited by the Post said that "the deal would be unlikely to be ratified at the proposed price." According to one of the Post's sources, it's believed Brady might be getting a discount of as much as approximately 70 percent. The Post said Brady is believed to be buying between five to 10 percent of the Raiders, who were valued to be worth $6.2 billion by Forbes this August.

In May, it was reported Brady was buying a stake in Mark Davis' Raiders. Brady retired from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers after last season ended. Now it's unclear if Davis and Brady will revise their deal to satisfy the league's finance committee, the Post said.

The Post reported that NFL owners are not expected to approve the deal to make Brady a part owner at the league meeting Oct. 17-18. It must be approved by 24 of 32 owners.

Presumably, the NFL wants Brady involved in ownership as much as Davis does. He's one of the iconic figures in league history. In the Post's story, it was speculated that some within the league want the deal to go through and perhaps a compromise can be reached. Brady has always been good in the final two minutes of a game. Maybe he can pull out a last-minute surprise with his ownership desire as well.

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: October 06, 2023, 07:30:46 AM »
At this point they just need to sign TB and we can get this offense going lol

The league and owners will vote against it. With that huge discount it will devalue other teams.

Brady is worth about $512 million and he wants 10% of the $6.2 billion, not going to happen.

Theravada

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: October 09, 2023, 01:17:53 AM »
Good luck to my boys on MNF!  O0

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: October 09, 2023, 10:55:45 PM »
Not pretty but we'll take that W! 

Inching closer back to 500...O0

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: October 10, 2023, 11:54:00 AM »
Exactly, a win is a win. Next victim Patriots.

Still not sold on Jimmy G. Disappointing thus far.

Theravada

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: October 16, 2023, 02:16:08 AM »
Good to be back at 500... O0

« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 11:37:51 PM by theking »

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: October 17, 2023, 07:37:03 PM »
It’s nice to win two in a row. Going for 3 against them Bears!

Theravada

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: October 17, 2023, 07:37:55 PM »
Sad but we still have redzone issues and QB issue.

Theravada

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: October 23, 2023, 12:57:32 AM »
Another game my Raiders should've won but disappoint again..against them Bears...

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: October 23, 2023, 10:17:44 AM »
Getting blown away by a D 2 QB was the worst thing I’ve ever seen as a Raiders fan. What an embarrassment.

Waiting for Kosh to get canned.

Theravada

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: October 26, 2023, 06:04:42 PM »
Losing to them Lions on MN should result in Josh getting canned.

Theravada

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: October 30, 2023, 12:51:05 AM »
Good luck to my Raiders against them Lions... O0

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: October 30, 2023, 12:43:23 PM »
It’s prove it game tonight. Get blown out and that will show players want the coach out. Win and it’s the opposite!

Raiders let’s get it done!

Theravada

Advertisements