Advertisement

Author Topic: [need a title] @boo  (Read 33925 times)

aboo

Re: [need a title] @boo
« Reply #210 on: May 01, 2014, 10:34:20 AM »
A Walk to Remember…

It’s early. I am walking and the rain/snow mixture pelting down heavily on top of me.  As I open the umbrella to shield me the wind picks it right up and says, “No shield for you today.”  Good thing I had my coat on even if it’s the end of April.  It’s only a mile long walk from returning the rental car.

As I’m walking my shoes are getting sopping wet and my thoughts drift off.  I’m thinking how it would be nice to have someone help me in this situation.  But I’m reminded that family is far and friends are few in between.  Maybe it’s because my feet are getting cold and wet; so I’m reflecting that my friends are mostly ‘takers’.  I am not sure if they realize that they exhibit more taking and less giving – but I don’t point it out to them.  I guess I’ve always thought we are adults now and we should already know how to give and take equally.

I didn’t want to get all negative on such an early morning, and I began reflecting on how I use to walk all the time in all sorts of weather conditions.  I grew up poor and was accustomed to long walks and public bus transit.  I remembered when I got my first used car….and how excited I was when I bought my first new car.  I went from growing up on public assistance to being in a position which changes, implements and ensures the integrity of those very assistance programs that I was on. I have been blessed with countless opportunities to empower myself as a mother, sister, friend and working professional.

Suddenly….my despairs of not having much evaporated.  I was cold and wet and was only focusing on the negatives in my life at the moment.  But the reality is that I’m very blessed, more than I deserve.

That was my walk to remember, to reflect on how blessed I am even with wet feet.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

NorthToWest

« Reply #211 on: May 01, 2014, 11:02:45 AM »
A Walk to Remember…

It’s early. I am walking and the rain/snow mixture pelting down heavily on top of me.  As I open the umbrella to shield me the wind picks it right up and says, “No shield for you today.”  Good thing I had my coat on even if it’s the end of April.  It’s only a mile long walk from returning the rental car.

As I’m walking my shoes are getting sopping wet and my thoughts drift off.  I’m thinking how it would be nice to have someone help me in this situation.  But I’m reminded that family is far and friends are few in between.  Maybe it’s because my feet are getting cold and wet; so I’m reflecting that my friends are mostly ‘takers’.  I am not sure if they realize that they exhibit more taking and less giving – but I don’t point it out to them.  I guess I’ve always thought we are adults now and we should already know how to give and take equally.

I didn’t want to get all negative on such an early morning, and I began reflecting on how I use to walk all the time in all sorts of weather conditions.  I grew up poor and was accustomed to long walks and public bus transit.  I remembered when I got my first used car….and how excited I was when I bought my first new car.  I went from growing up on public assistance to being in a position which changes, implements and ensures the integrity of those very assistance programs that I was on. I have been blessed with countless opportunities to empower myself as a mother, sister, friend and working professional.

Suddenly….my despairs of not having much evaporated.  I was cold and wet and was only focusing on the negatives in my life at the moment.  But the reality is that I’m very blessed, more than I deserve.

That was my walk to remember, to reflect on how blessed I am even with wet feet.
I enjoyed reading your post... :). Thank-you, for reminding me of who I am, where I came from and that I'm also blessed... :). May your next walk be filled with sunshine... :)

« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 11:18:32 AM by NorthToWest »

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 02, 2014, 06:28:26 AM »
A Walk to Remember…

I am reminded everyday of my life that I wake up in the morning.  Alone and I check on the children to see how they're sleeping.  Yes they are sleeping soundly in the next room.  They used to sleep with me for protection but now they're just too big as they should be sleeping on their own.  I see all my old friends as, just passing the time friends.  True how at times they will help me out here and there, but I've helped them out through so much more hardship without so much as reminding them of an IOU.  I know they've all moved on, on that moment that I could no longer be of help to them.  During the times that when I needed help, everyone was suddenly too caught up in their own lives.  So always being the infallible person that I am, I endure it all.

I am reminded that God gave me everything that I needed already.  People say that God doesn't give you any burden that you cannot carry.  Whatever scripture was that, I care not so much to recall.  Maybe so, but it's just a simple reminder that being a better person will mean that one has to endure and survive through hardship.  I may not need to smile and laugh daily, because I only need to not be sad and crying daily.  As long as I have breath, I have survived.  That is enough.

It is enough that I have made many others better people through my compassion.  Sure I am easy to push over, however knowing that I can still get up is enough to survive.  Just having a complete stranger help me out once or twice in my life at some of the most unexpected times, reminds me that it is compassion that trumps all.  It was that compassion that brought me back from the very brink of death so many times.  I don't need to be reminded to pay if forward.  I just need to be reminded that being the source of it, is making others better people.  I don't need to laugh at them nor cry for them.  I simply just have compassion and behave in that manner with integrity.  When my children grows up, they too will learn of compassion and act accordingly.

Compassion in its entirety and purity.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

aboo

« Reply #213 on: May 03, 2014, 01:13:08 AM »
 ::)

« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 10:07:32 PM by @boo »

aboo

« Reply #214 on: May 03, 2014, 01:17:25 AM »
Yours and mine are in the same grade level.  Forgot to mention VH too.  We are one big happy ph family.  Love those little critters. 

Cant believe your car got broken into.  I hate when that happens.  The last time someone broke into my car, they stole quarters and it cost me $$ to replace it.  These criminals live a sad life.  Well glad everything is going well for you and cheers for being an awesome parent.  ;)

Well keep on writing because I'll keep on reading.  O0

Thanks WisGuy for reading and responding :)  You are an awesome parent too-keep it up O0

aboo

« Reply #215 on: May 03, 2014, 01:20:56 AM »
VH-bro what can I say....compass ion and selflessness must be in our blood.  We should catch up sometimes in person :)  Thanks for stopping by with such deep thoughts.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 03, 2014, 04:05:25 PM »
I feel cheated…

It’s late.  It’s early.  It’s the swing shift between night and day.  I’m upset and I can’t sleep.  I know it’s petty but I can’t help but feel a little sting…ok make that a big sting then.

A photo I had taken of my son playing soccer was featured in my local city magazine.  I’ve been super excited because it’s the first time a photo of mine has been publicly published.  It’s one of my favorite photos.  A moment I remembered vividly, one that I treasured and assured myself that I was doing a good job parenting.

I received the magazine today…several copies of them and to my surprise the headline of my photo goes, “A father captures his son’s determination in a new activity.”  Hello great big world out there!  It’s MOTHER…not FATHER.  The article goes on further talking about how the photo came about.  It even discloses information about me the photographer, yet the reference is father, his and him but no mother.

I suppose the magazine automatically assumed it was a father since it was soccer.  They even had a fact-finder editor who even confirmed the information for the article with me!  But nope!  They went ahead and assumed it was his father.

I must appear petty, over reacting, and craziness at this hour for some of you reading this.  But I just wanted a little credit, perhaps some recognition.  It’s me the mother cheering her heart out even when her son is in last place, telling him he's her #1.  It’s me the only mother getting down on the sweaty stinky mat trying to remember all those wrestling moves among all the other dads.  It’s me teaching him eye and ball coordination for Tball.  It’s me making the time for him these last five years.  It really is me capturing all those moments in his life through the lens of my camera. 

#ventaboo

Oh...you know I get the same stuff happening to me.  All the teachers assumed, that I the father did nothing for my children's pre-education before school.  I was the one sitting down and reading to them.  I was the one who got paper and pencil and taught them how to write their names, ABC's, 123's, and how to do among other things.  I both tested pretty high before starting kindergarten.  However they both also lack social interaction skills with other children.

I get really ticked off, while they were being tested and the lady doing the interview just kept on talking about how mothers spend a great deal of time teaching their children all these stuff.  Why does she feel the need to say such things in front of me?  So the one parent-teacher conference I finally went to...they finally tell me that my children talks about me all the time about how much things I've done with them, teaching them how to read, write, play, and among other things. 

Your momentarily irritation, it will pass...You know you've gone a good job.  I do get a slight chuckle when journalism start to just fill in the blanks with any mumbo jumbo information.  O0

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

aboo

Re: Life through these lens of mine
« Reply #217 on: October 29, 2014, 09:22:50 PM »
 ::)

diamondgirl

« Reply #218 on: November 07, 2014, 10:58:25 AM »
Things you learn in First Grade....

Here are a few things that he's learned or have done so far this year in First Grade.

your kid's pretty smart for first grade. looks like he's in a good school and learning lots of important stuff. but i wanted point out Mars is not a Jovian planet, hehe.

aboo

« Reply #219 on: December 17, 2015, 11:59:42 PM »
Wowzers....its been a long journey and here I am again....thoug hts to share on a late blustery winter night.....

I notice the view counts.....I guess people do take notice of random postings.

Stay warm folks and embrace the new year that is approaching us soon.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 12:02:13 AM by @boo »

Advertisements