Advertisement

Author Topic: [need a title] @boo  (Read 34179 times)

zena

Re: Life through these lens of mine
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2013, 12:32:58 PM »
I disagree....bu t who am I to say what you should do?

A cousin/friend of mine married her daughter away....she was tired of the her daughter's disrespect of the family.  The daughter deliberately stays out late, sneak boys in, drinks and smokes.  She tells me I am lucky to have a son.  Girls are such headaches and so much work she rants on.  I feel for her, I really do.  I just don't agree with her decision.  It's like passing your own trouble child onto another person and say, "Here! You take care of this mess!"

I listened.  I know she didn't call for advice.  She called to be heard and to feel affirmed in her decision.  I don't know, I just listened even though I do not agree.

I learned this is sometimes the best thing to do.

Back on track with Endorphin and Serotonin.....

It feels good! Real good O0 

I can do this, yes I can :)

Good job!

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

aboo

« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2013, 10:58:25 PM »
 ::)

« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 09:38:33 PM by @boo »

Like this post: +1

aboo

« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2013, 11:32:49 PM »
Don’t let your past dictate who you are, but let it be a lesson that strengthens the person you will become. — Unknown

aboo

« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2013, 12:12:54 AM »

« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 09:38:52 PM by @boo »

proudlao

« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2013, 06:06:51 AM »
But you had fun, and that is all that matter  O0

zena

« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2013, 03:37:25 PM »
One thing in life that I know I truly enjoy is being a mom.  At times it can be rough, there are lows and highs, but at the end of the day it's truly rewarding.  I wish every woman out there who yearns to be a mother gets their wish.  It is one of life's most simplistic blessings.

The joys of being a mother....rece ntly my son has been reading to me books that I use to read to him.  I remembered those days long ago when I wondered when he would pick up these same books and read with ease by himself.  Oh how happy I was listening to him.  Life can be just that simple - enjoying and marveling at the wonders of our children.

Today I received a note from his teacher that he's moved up a reading level already.  Our goal together this year in 1st grade is to read 200 books.  So far we've read 26 books.  I am so proud of him.  I'm glad to have him as my son :)

I totally agree that it's enjoyable yet rough at times.  I truly see it as a gift because we are raising these little people to someday be good big people.

That's wonderful that your son moved up a reading level.  Is his school using the DRA system?  If so, do you know what reading level he's at?

That is quite a lot of books to read but it's great that you are doing that with him.   O0

btw, I didn't realize you also had a first grader.  For some reason I thought both your kids were in middle school and high school.  I bet my first grader and your son would get along great.  My girl only plays with boys...she's very logical in almost everything she does.

aboo

« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2013, 09:32:43 PM »
I adore and love fall.....let me go find some pics to share ;)

aboo

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2013, 09:39:35 PM »

« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 09:39:15 PM by @boo »

aboo

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2013, 09:43:58 PM »

« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 09:39:27 PM by @boo »

aboo

« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2013, 10:08:43 PM »

« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 09:39:42 PM by @boo »

aboo

« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2013, 10:18:19 PM »
I totally agree that it's enjoyable yet rough at times.  I truly see it as a gift because we are raising these little people to someday be good big people.

That's wonderful that your son moved up a reading level.  Is his school using the DRA system?  If so, do you know what reading level he's at?

That is quite a lot of books to read but it's great that you are doing that with him.   O0

btw, I didn't realize you also had a first grader.  For some reason I thought both your kids were in middle school and high school.  I bet my first grader and your son would get along great.  My girl only plays with boys...she's very logical in almost everything she does.

Thanks MA :)  I don't know their current reading assessment system or what DRA is.  I'm currently working on reading/comprehending sentence structure and not just words with him.  I know some kids can read a dictionary.... but do they understand it? probably not.  I know it's weird and I get super excited over him reading etc.... I get teary eye thinking about books I use to read to him growing up and now he's reading them on his own.....one day hopefully he'll be reading books I use to read myself to me when I'm old.

I am sure they will get along just fine.  Your daughter sounds very logical for sure...I was smiling at her feat of reason and logic to get that breakfast deal  O0 If not, they can always fall back to conversing about MineCraft lol.  We watched Take Back the Night last week together and he told me I was so late already because he's seen it so many times before ;D

aboo

« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2013, 10:47:33 PM »

« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 09:40:12 PM by @boo »

proudlao

« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2013, 05:44:20 AM »
Thanks for sharing the pics. I love fall as well. My favorite to be honest.

"Sometimes the strongest among us are the ones who smile through silent pain, cry behind closed doors, and fight battles nobody knows about" - unknown.

zena

« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2013, 01:02:26 PM »
Thanks MA :)  I don't know their current reading assessment system or what DRA is.  I'm currently working on reading/comprehending sentence structure and not just words with him.  I know some kids can read a dictionary.... but do they understand it? probably not.  I know it's weird and I get super excited over him reading etc.... I get teary eye thinking about books I use to read to him growing up and now he's reading them on his own.....one day hopefully he'll be reading books I use to read myself to me when I'm old.

I am sure they will get along just fine.  Your daughter sounds very logical for sure...I was smiling at her feat of reason and logic to get that breakfast deal  O0 If not, they can always fall back to conversing about MineCraft lol.  We watched Take Back the Night last week together and he told me I was so late already because he's seen it so many times before ;D

The DRA stands for Developmental Reading Assessment.  It's what some schools use to determine the reading level a child is in and if they are above, right at, or below their reading level.  It's just a tool to help the school and parents with their students.  My 6-year-old is an average reader.  She's right where she should be for her grade level.  Right now though, they are transitioning the first graders into chapter books and the chapter books are what my daughter struggles with.

I know what you mean about the books you read and now they read it back.  Mine does the same! LOL!  It's cute.

And, I had to laugh about the Take Back the Night video with your son.  When my daughter showed me, it was already old news to her too, but because I took an interest in her dance (by recording) she figured she'd show me the real video.

Btw, love your fall photos.  Were you born in the fall?

aboo

« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2013, 12:47:53 AM »

« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 09:41:25 PM by @boo »

Advertisements