Advertisement

Author Topic: NFL TALK  (Read 255811 times)

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
Re: NFL TALK
« Reply #510 on: November 01, 2019, 08:05:48 PM »
Seahawks claim Gordon.

Mahomes lister questionable

Haskins to make first career start.

Like this post: 0
I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Adverstisement

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 06, 2019, 03:49:11 PM »
Mayfield and Trubisky should have been benched by now.

Newton is placed on IR and probably will be traded to the Bears next year.

Theravada

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 06, 2019, 04:40:27 PM »
Mayfield and Trubisky should have been benched by now.

Newton is placed on IR and probably will be traded to the Bears next year.

I called the Newton to CHI trade a few weeks ago. Timing is just too right. The only other valid option would be MIA.

Checkout out the article about refunding bets placed on Trubisky winning the MVP. They're giving people money back because odds went from 100 to 1 to like It-Aint-Ever-Happening to 1.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 13, 2019, 06:05:04 PM »
Still don't think Collin will get picked up but we'll see... ???

Here are the NFL teams reportedly attending Colin Kaepernick's workout

Kaepernick, 32, hasn’t played in the NFL since 2016. That season, Kaepernick began taking a knee during the national anthem to protest racial injustice and police brutality in the United States. He posted an 16-4 touchdown-to-interception ratio in 12 games, hit free agency in the offseason and went unsigned.

Teams planning to attend Kaepernick’s workout

Atlanta Falcons - Head coach Dan Quinn told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution said he’s “sure that we will” have a scout at the workout. Starter Matt Ryan returned to action in Week 10 after missing time with an injury. Matt Schaub is the team’s backup.

Cincinnati Bengals - The Bengals plan to evaluate Kaepernick’s workout, according to the Cincinnati Enquirer. At 0-8, the Bengals are the worst team in the NFL. Veteran Andy Dalton was benched prior to Week 10 so the team could get a closer look at Ryan Finley.

Dallas Cowboys - Reports suggest the Cowboys will have someone watching Kaepernick on Saturday. Starter Dak Prescott is having a strong season, but his contract expires at the end of the year. Cooper Rush is the team’s backup.

Denver Broncos - Multiple reporters have confirmed the Broncos will send a scout to watch Kaepernick throw. The team lost starter Joe Flacco to a neck injury and draft pick Drew Lock returned to practice Monday after he was sidelined all season with a thumb injury.

Detroit Lions - Head coach Matt Patricia confirmed the Lions would send someone to the workout. Matthew Stafford missed the team’s game in Week 10 due to a back injury. Jeff Driskel started in Stafford’s place in a 20-13 loss to the Chicago Bears. Stafford has vowed to return to action soon.

Miami Dolphins - Head coach Brian Flores confirmed the Dolphins would have a representative at the event. Flores told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel the Dolphins like their quarterbacks right now, but want to do their “due diligence” on Kaepernick. At 68.7, the Dolphins have the worst passer rating in the NFL.

New England Patriots - Bill Belichick answered a question about Kaepernick in his usual brusk manner, telling reporters he wasn’t sure if the Patriots would attend the workout. Though Belichick wouldn’t give an answer, the team is reportedly going to have someone at the workout.

New York Giants - The Giants will reportedly send someone to Kaepernick’s workout. The team has turned the keys over the rookie first-round pick Daniel Jones, but could be looking for a veteran to help Jones out if 38-year-old Eli Manning leaves in the offseason.

New York Jets - Head coach Adam Gase avoided the question, saying he was focused on the team’s upcoming game against Washington. The Jets have gone 2-7 under Gase and have the lowest yards per game among any offense in football. Rich Cimini of ESPN reported the team will have someone at the workout.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Head coach Bruce Arians said he expects someone from the organization to be at Kaepernick’s workout. Bucs starter Jameis Winston will be a free agent in the offseason.

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 13, 2019, 06:28:24 PM »
I called the Newton to CHI trade a few weeks ago. Timing is just too right. The only other valid option would be MIA.

Checkout out the article about refunding bets placed on Trubisky winning the MVP. They're giving people money back because odds went from 100 to 1 to like It-Aint-Ever-Happening to 1.

Bears season is already done for this year. Make sense to get a new signal caller.

Theravada

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 13, 2019, 06:29:11 PM »
Still don't think Collin will get picked up but we'll see... ???

A desperate team will pick him up for a backup.

Theravada

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 17, 2019, 04:37:16 PM »
That was just crazy.

Theravada

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 18, 2019, 07:24:56 PM »
Agree with this Colin Kaeperick assessment as I think teams just don't want to deal with the headache that comes as package with Kaep. I'm sure Kaep can still play and be productive though:

Fair or not, we know why Colin Kaepernick didn't get NFL offers immediately after workout

In every employment situation, the employee’s talents or productivity (whether proven or merely perceived by management) must outweigh their liabilities (whether proven or merely perceived by management).

If not, they aren’t employees anymore. Or never became one in the first place.

It could be salary. It could be demeanor. It could be nearly anything, employers can value different things. There is always a sliding scale.

If you’re the best at the company and worked without incident for a decade, you can probably show up late one morning and not get fired. If you’re the worst and have attitude problems, among other things, then you might be gone.

And so we come to Colin Kaepernick, his bizarre in all ways workout on Saturday and the apparent disinterest of the NFL in bringing him back into the fold.

At the heart of everything is the NFL’s perceived talent/liability scale of him. The wrong way to view Kaepernick’s employment hopes is to ask if he is a better on-field quarterback than the worst quarterback in the league, be it as a starter or a backup.

That isn’t the equation. It’s whether the NFL thinks his talents (and thus production) outweighs what it considers to be his problems.

Patrick Mahomes could begin kneeling for the national anthem and he’d remain the starter. Kaepernick can’t.

And Saturday likely didn’t change a thing.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 18, 2019, 07:30:03 PM »
Colin does not have to play.  He can  just bank on his marketing situation to all buyers and cash out.

Liability huh?  So it cost your team more money to run a pr stunt to back up your qb excuses cuz he got a mind of his own?  Like an antonio high horses nose brown who thinks he can do things cuz he's the best? 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 25, 2019, 11:56:52 PM »
Those Ravens are on fire!!!

I think they'll probably be on top in the latest power ranking despite having more losses than the Patriots and my 9ers...Just because they've been on such a huge roll..

Will be a tough task for my 9ers next week but hope they can still get the job done on the road in B-More.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 01:16:57 AM by theking »

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 26, 2019, 02:57:07 AM »
Those Ravens are on fire!!!

I think they'll probably be on top in the latest power ranking despite having more losses than the Patriots and my 9ers...Just because they've been on such a huge roll..

Will be a tough task for my 9ers next week but hope they can still get the job done on the road in B-More.

yes the test is there for them whiners. 

I am not sure who vegas will consider as the favorite going into this one.  The firepower of them whiners are not as explosive and are not consistence in giving me upper 30+ type of a score.  Then again, winnings do not need all them scores.  Beat by 1 is all it takes. 

I still say balt is going distance this year.  Lamar Jackson is a play maker, duel threat qb.   Kind of like a jalen hurts of okc university where the qb is also the game leading rusher. 

My early bought ravens and brees tickets to win it all is still going strong.  Depending on the value of your ticket, one might want to hedge their bet once their team is in the playoff.  Like for example, If I bet $100 on the ravens to win it all and lets say the payout is 100 to win 1000, I may want to bet on the opponent team for $100.  If my ravens flop, I win $100 so I gain my $100 raven bets back.  If ravens win, my pot now will be $900 and so I will play another insurance on the next level.  Like I say, it all depends on the value of the ticket.  It will be interesting if such ticket is worth lets say 10,000 or more and the hedging or insurance play will be that much more challenging.   

Or just wait till the superbowl to bet half of your 10,000 on the other team to get an automatic $5000 guaranteed profit no matter who wins but hedging is actually a bookie's  favorite.  They want you to hedge.  They rather to pay you $5000 than paying you $10,000 if you win it all.  Just like the game of deal or no deal, the bookie may buy your ticket from you for a smaller amount lets say $7500 prior to the start of the game.  Then again, they may not because somebody will bet 10,000 on the other team so it will neutralize your payout.  He will just collect from other people and pay you.  He still wins cuz of the juice.  Usually around 10% but when you collect a large sum of money, that 10% is no joke.  1 mil bets total on both sides will be a nice 100K just for playing the processor role.  Not too shabby. 

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 26, 2019, 03:00:29 AM »
yes the test is there for them whiners. 

I am not sure who vegas will consider as the favorite going into this one.  The firepower of them whiners are not as explosive and are not consistence in giving me upper 30+ type of a score.  Then again, winnings do not need all them scores.  Beat by 1 is all it takes. 

I still say balt is going distance this year.  Lamar Jackson is a play maker, duel threat qb.   Kind of like a jalen hurts of okc university where the qb is also the game leading rusher. 

My early bought ravens and brees tickets to win it all is still going strong.  Depending on the value of your ticket, one might want to hedge their bet once their team is in the playoff.  Like for example, If I bet $100 on the ravens to win it all and lets say the payout is 100 to win 1000, I may want to bet on the opponent team for $100.  If my ravens flop, I win $100 so I gain my $100 raven bets back.  If ravens win, my pot now will be $900 and so I will play another insurance on the next level.  Like I say, it all depends on the value of the ticket.  It will be interesting if such ticket is worth lets say 10,000 or more and the hedging or insurance play will be that much more challenging.   

Or just wait till the superbowl to bet half of your 10,000 on the other team to get an automatic $5000 guaranteed profit no matter who wins but hedging is actually a bookie's  favorite.  They want you to hedge.  They rather to pay you $5000 than paying you $10,000 if you win it all.  Just like the game of deal or no deal, the bookie may buy your ticket from you for a smaller amount lets say $7500 prior to the start of the game.  Then again, they may not because somebody will bet 10,000 on the other team so it will neutralize your payout.  He will just collect from other people and pay you.  He still wins cuz of the juice.  Usually around 10% but when you collect a large sum of money, that 10% is no joke.  1 mil bets total on both sides will be a nice 100K just for playing the processor role.  Not too shabby.

Early lines balt -4.5

That is a scary number.  It translate to either balt blowing the whiners out to cover the spread or a backdoor cover is going to happen like balt kicking a fg with time expiring and still loses the spread or them whiners will throw a td with time expiring to lose by 3 or less.  49ers +4.5 still wins.   

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 26, 2019, 07:04:12 AM »
It's getting pretty interesting in the race for the top seed.

Theravada

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: December 05, 2019, 06:55:00 PM »
Still don't think Colin will get picked up but we'll see... ???

Well, he didn't get picked up but his practice catch wide receiver did:

If the NFL was trying to be passive aggressive toward Colin Kaepernick, it couldn’t have done better than this.

Kaepernick had a workout for NFL teams, which was mostly a fiasco but still happened. And while Kaepernick hasn’t gotten a shot with a team after that, a receiver he was throwing to did.

Jordan Veasy was signed to the Washington Redskins’ practice squad on Wednesday. He was one of the receivers catching passes from Kaepernick at his workout in the Atlanta area on Nov. 16.

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: December 12, 2019, 08:13:23 PM »
Tom Brady is seriously considering leaving the Patriots after this season.

Theravada

Advertisements