Advertisement

Author Topic: Stop PH email notifications  (Read 7236 times)

PRINCESS.

Stop PH email notifications
« on: August 12, 2013, 06:08:30 PM »
I've already opted out of the email notifications but I still get hundreds of them daily whenever someone replies in a thread that I posted in, everyday. Fix this bug please.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline AdminJ

• Magistrate
  • Administrator
  • Koi Attack Force
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
Re: Stop PH email notifications
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 10:02:44 PM »
I've already opted out of the email notifications but I still get hundreds of them daily whenever someone replies in a thread that I posted in, everyday. Fix this bug please.

Go to your profile, click on the notifications tab and check all the current topics and click "unnotify". It should removed all the topics you currently have notification on.

Hopefully it works. I don't get any email notification so I think it's working. You just have to change the notification preference in your profile.

Learned helplessness is not a good way to give up!

PRINCESS.

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 10:11:21 PM »
Go to your profile, click on the notifications tab and check all the current topics and click "unnotify". It should removed all the topics you currently have notification on.

Hopefully it works. I don't get any email notification so I think it's working. You just have to change the notification preference in your profile.

Hey thanks! Even though I already unchecked "Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic" when I first joined, ph still sent me email notifications for every topic I've ever posted in. Looks like I will have to manually delete all the topics though like you suggested. I'll let you know if it works.

Offline AdminJ

• Magistrate
  • Administrator
  • Koi Attack Force
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 10:13:02 PM »
You can mass delete by clicking the check box in the heading. It will delete all the topics on that page.

boO

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 05:39:20 AM »
Gnam, I have the same issue as you and I have done what admin suggested yet i am still experiencing the mass notification. Luckily I'm not a ph whore or else my inbox will be flooded with notification spams.

Offline AdminJ

• Magistrate
  • Administrator
  • Koi Attack Force
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 08:56:29 AM »
Yes, like HeavenlyScent suggested above, make sure that the 2nd drop down is set to Nothing at all.

Also make sure to remove all the topics you currently have notifications on. You can mass delete by checking the checkbox on the heading. Once all the topics are checked, click unnotify to delete.

Like this post: +1

PRINCESS.

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 03:34:11 PM »
Your profile should look something like this:

Receive forum newsletters, announcements and important notifications by email.
  Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic.

For topics and boards I've requested notification on, notify me:  Instantly Instantly - but only for the first unread reply Daily Weekly

For topics and boards I've requested notification on, notify me of:  Replies and moderation Moderation only if I started the topic Only replies Nothing at all   

Last night I changed it to Weekly and Nothing at all and I deleted all the topics as admin suggested and it seemed to work. I haven't had an email from ph in 18 hours.

boO - try that ^

PRINCESS.

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 03:44:34 PM »
I wished it was in more lament terms like "Please check here if you want notification or  Here if you don't want any notification".. :2funny: What you are reading above is almost like a trick question.. you have to play around with it to get it right.

My thoughts exactly.

Advertisements