Advertisement

Author Topic: Robot Programmed to Fall in Love with a Girl Goes too Far  (Read 2400 times)

Offline businessgurl000

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +27
    • View Profile
Robot Programmed to Fall in Love with a Girl Goes too Far
« on: August 13, 2013, 02:25:01 AM »
Found this article to be interesting... . Guess in the future, people will be making love with robots...  :-\ :-\  :'(

LOL

Robot Programmed to Fall in Love with a Girl Goes too Far Posted by Geek on Oct 8th, 2010
http://realitypod.com/2010/10/robot-programmed-to-fall-in-love-with-a-girl-goes-too-far/

Researchers at Toshiba’s Akimu Robotic Research Institute were thrilled ten months ago when they successfully programmed Kenji, a third generation humanoid robot, to convincingly emulate certain human emotions. At the time, they even claimed that Kenji was capable of the robot equivalent of love. Now, however, they fear that his programming has taken an extreme turn for the worst.

“Initially, we were thrilled to see a bit of our soul come alive in this so called ‘machine,’” said Dr. Akito Takahashi, the principal investigator on the project. “This was really the final step for us in one of the fundamentals of the singularity.”

Kenji was part of an experiment involving several robots loaded with custom software designed to let them react emotionally to external stimuli. After some limited environmental conditioning, Kenji first demonstrated love by bonding with a a stuffed doll in his enclosure, which he would embrace for hours at a time. He would then make simple, but insistent, inquiries about the doll if it were out of sight. Researchers attributed this behavior to his programmed qualities of devotion and empathy and called the experiment a success.

What they didn’t count on were the effects of several months of self-iteration within the complex machine-learning code which gave Kenji his initial tenderness. As of last week, Kenji’s love for the doll, and indeed anybody he sets his ‘eyes’ on, is so intense that Dr. Takahashi and his team now fear to show him to outsiders.

The trouble all started when a young female intern began to spend several hours each day with Kenji, testing his systems and loading new software routines. When it came time to leave one evening, however, Kenji refused to let her out of his lab enclosure and used his bulky mechanical body to block her exit and hug her repeatedly. The intern was only able to escape after she had frantically phoned two senior staff members to come and temporarily de-activate Kenji.

“Despite our initial enthusiasm, it has become clear that Kenji’s impulses and behavior are not entirely rational or genuine,” conceded Dr. Takahashi.

Ever since that incident, each time Kenji is re-activated, he instantaneousl y bonds with the first technician to meet his gaze and rushes to embrace them with his two 100kg hydraulic arms. It doesn’t help that Kenji uses only pre-recorded dog and cat noises to communicate and is able to vocalize his love through a 20 watt speaker in his chest.

Dr. Takahashi admits that they will more than likely have to decommission Kenji permanently, but he’s optimistic about one day succeeding where Kenji failed.

“This is only a minor setback. I have full faith that we will one day live side by side with, and eventually love and be loved by, robots,” he said.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Json

Re: Robot Programmed to Fall in Love with a Girl Goes too Far
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 05:53:03 AM »
They built a raping robot.  Awesomely cool.   O0 ;D

Offline floaty

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +20
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 11:35:49 AM »
lol!!! funny news!!

"You drown not by falling into the water, but by staying submerged in it."

Offline Calypso

• Elite Poster
  • ka-lip-so
  • Respect: +537
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 11:45:22 AM »
Wow, that's kind of.... twisted. ;D

sincerely,
tus nymph es nyob rau lub island hu ogygia es tau muab odysseus txhom khi tes khi taw cia rau nws abuse for ob peb years

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Respect: +383
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 12:47:19 PM »
iRobot!

I would understand if the robot kept moving closer and closer to the intern as she moved away. But I don't understand the part about the robot reaching for her with his arms and not letting her go. lol That's very human! And that's not real.

So, Thailand has plastic surgery that turns men into women. So does S. Korea. And a few other places. We don't know who is what anymore there. What we think is a hot Korean or Thai chick could likely be a man. Now, how do we know if a hot-looking Japanese chick is genuinely human? :2funny:

« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 09:48:07 PM by Reporter »

Offline fOrEvEr_sUn_76

• PH Regular
  • I'm a time waster, wasting everyday of your life.
  • Respect: +31
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 01:40:43 PM »
Wow a real life Reploid. Soon we'll have a real life Sigma to deal with if more robots like this are invented.

Feel my heat and walk into the light. I am forever shining brightly.

Offline f.u.too

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 10:34:52 AM »
real life Hentai. "your mouth say no, but your pussy said yes"  ;D ;D ;D forgot what movie that was from.

YoungIndra

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 01:28:27 PM »
real life Hentai. "your mouth say no, but your pussy said yes"  ;D ;D ;D forgot what movie that was from.

Peev  khaum peev khim seev tsis khiab.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 09:29:03 PM by YoungIndra »

Offline NorthToWest

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +65
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2014, 02:04:56 PM »
I want my perfect Woman hurry up and get it right.... :2funny:

All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances:

William Shakespeare

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +286
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 05:47:18 PM »

Anyways this is pretty good stuff.  Who know's if the computer was really starting to think on it's own or not??!  Maybe, maybe not.  I would like to think that the computer was just stuck on a complicated algorithm that well you know, lead to it's demise!

Anyways....  it must've been creepy...  That would've been scary if it had a face to it with moving eyes and mouth and ears... freaky!!!

It's funnie how the world eventually follow's the paths of movies and come true.  One day we really see the "terminator" and all that mumbo jumbo and zombies and plague virus's etc etc etc.. aliens, creatures coming out of the ocean.. .Godzilla's... etc etc..

Like this post: -1
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline HmongSandal

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2014, 05:07:04 PM »
Hahahahahaha, this is just too funny!!! They built a robot to rape the world.  :2funny:

Phooj Ywg, Nej saib seb. Niag ntsej muag khaus pim nyob tiv.

Advertisements