Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Shamanism Should be Eliminated  (Read 58823 times)

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +363
    • View Profile
Re: Hmong Shamanism Should be Eliminated
« Reply #120 on: October 08, 2014, 10:20:25 AM »
How can Christianity be a cult when more than half the world's population adhere to some form of belief in God?  Here's wiki's definition of what a cult is:

"The word cult in current usage is a pejorative term for a new religious movement[1] or other group whose beliefs or practices are considered abnormal or bizarre by the larger society.[2] The word cult is used as an ad hominem attack against groups with simply differing doctrines or practices, and without a clear or consistent definition.[3]..."

Christianity is NOT considered to be abnormal or bizarre by the larger society...

hahaha I concur. The cults don't believe in Jesus as their savior. They have their own set of belief.

Like this post: 0
There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Adverstisement

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 08, 2014, 10:26:35 AM »
Please my Hmong people. Reconsider this knowledge ....  ;D

Like this post: +2

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 08, 2014, 10:47:50 AM »

hahaha I concur. The cults don't believe in Jesus as their savior. They have their own set of belief.

Technically, they are correct about that. Christ is the savior. That's why a lot of them believe that they have a reborn Christ among their group.

Shortstuff87

« Reply #123 on: October 08, 2014, 11:41:24 AM »
Why don't we all just agree to disagree. Ignorance is a different story. Religion will always be a majorly heated subject that will never be settled when one party views that only their religion is the better one.

I believe religion is a way of living and used as guidance for many. Your morality is based on your parents, your environment, and those you interact with on a regular basis. Even if you grew up with a bad environment, you as an individual can choose to change yourself and make yourself a better person.  People convert to a different religion from what they were raised because they feel it is not part of their ideology, not part of what they want to guide them in their future. As for fear and caution, ALL religion have fear and caution. Englightment and salvation? Some religion have it and some don't.

Don't just stick to one religion and based your opinion on just that one religion. There are a bazillion religion that we as individual should take to learn bits and pieces of. Once you do so, then choose what you want to believe. But do not base your believes on just one religion. This is being too narrow minded. Not one religion is perfect. Again as someone else in this thread have said, try not to forget your roots even if you have converted to a different religion. But no matter what religion, we are all still human beings and we will all eventually die and HOPEFULLY end up in a grave somewhere. Whatever happens afterwards it should not matter because we just want our loved ones to be at peace. End of story.

Like this post: +1

chidorix0x

« Reply #124 on: October 08, 2014, 07:00:21 PM »
Hmong shamanism technically IS NOT a religion whatsoever.  That's just Western/USA ignorance and nearsightednes s, and how they have regarded/taught "shamanism" as a whole; how they perceive, want to define, and have imagined/romanticized this ancient belief/practice.

But no one should expect US/Western HA'Mung folks to remotely comprehend that.

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 16, 2014, 06:39:14 AM »
What I know is that Tuj Txias Teb Tsaus is Hell. I have seen my Aunt's funeral and eavesdropped on the shaman about them, praying to a man in a shadow form, which he claim to be, "Your closest friend."

I assumed Hmong Shamanism worships the devil then? I am feared about this. Why would Hmong people worship Dab if they know that Dab hates them? Why make friends with enemies?

You must of heard it and/or misinterpret it wrong. But to be more certain about it, tell more (details) about your aunt's funeral.

HUNG TU LO

« Reply #126 on: October 16, 2014, 02:10:59 PM »
I assumed Hmong Shamanism worships the devil then? I am feared about this. Why would Hmong people worship Dab if they know that Dab hates them? Why make friends with enemies?

How can Hmoob dab qhuas worship the Devil when originally, Hmong beliefs developed on its own terms uninfluenced by European Christianity? The Devil is the adversary to God and only exists in the realm of Christianity. That's like if a muslim asks a Hmong person to tell him/her about Hmong beliefs and then the muslim person says "That's Iblis (Devil for Islam)!" Or a Hindu person will say "That's Ahriman!" Or vice versa, if a Christian person starts explaining to a Hmong person who has never ever been exposed to Christianity, the Hmong person will say the Devil is  "Dab phem (evil spirit)!" Which, arbitrarily, everything is wrong on its own merits when you take something out of context and apply a whole different set of principles to it.

chidorix0x

« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2014, 01:37:02 AM »
Dude, Dab means demon. There are no such thing as a good demon.

LMAO!!! This is so typical (ignorant) HA'Mung idiocy at its best.

FUN FACT:  (for all the ignorant HA'Mung folks  ...   ::))

1.  In Hmong (language/vocabulary), the word/term "dab" can mean/imply demon, ghost, spirit, monster, and/or devil.  (The "devil", or "demon", is actually "Ntxwv Nyoog" in Hmong (who probably isn't a demon/devil at all as he/she is more so the "Grim Reaper", "Death Bringer/Angel of Death", so yeah ... maybe "Devil/Lucifer")  ...   O0  "Dab", more times than not, refers to a "ghost" and/or "monster" -- NOT a devil/demon.)

2.  In Hmong (language/vocabulary), the word/term "dab qhuas" is an ALL-ENCOMPASSING phrase which specifically means and refers to the traditional practices, beliefs, and observation inherent to and is found within Hmong spiritualism (or lifestyle/life); that is simply just "culture/customs" -- NOT necessarily any one particular spiritual belief system or practice such as shamanism etc..  BTW -- Shamanism IS NOT Hmong's religion though most/ALL ignorant Westernizers (Hmong and non-Hmong alike) keep referring to and calling it as such.  Technically Hmong as a whole (overall) has NO (one specific) religion, at least in its purest application, or that which is consistent with known religions throughout the world the likes of Christianity, Hinduism, Muslim etc..  If there is a Hmong religion, it is without a doubt "Dab Qhuas", or "Kev Cai Dab Qhuas" -- DEFINITELY NOT "shamanism".  Shamanism is a spiritual practice/belief of the Hmong people, like any other shamanistic practice/belief found throughout the world -- NOT a religion it follows, observes, or religiously adhere to.  That is why NOT ALL Hmong (traditional and non-traditional) practice/observe shamanism like how Americans practice/observe Christianity and Middle Easterns observe/practice Muslim/Hindu etc. etc. etc..)

(Take the argument, for example, "Hmong-Christians claim/accuse traditional Hmong who still practice/observe "Dab Qhua" (*** qhua in this sense actually means house/hospitality/residence), as "devil=dab qhua=praise, worship", aka "Devil Worshippers".  Well then, in that same content of literal word meaning/translation, then Hmong-Christians who Hmong refer to as "Lawb Dab" (***  lawb in this sense actually means disavow/sever/depart) would be "lawb=follow, accept dab=devil", then would be "Followers/Accepters of Devil", or "Devil Followers/Accepters"  ...  kekeke  ...   >:D  That said, the term "Lawb Dab" realistically means/refers to Hmong-Chiristians who have disavowed a traditional Hmong lifestyle is all, which does imply "foreign-acceptance/ways", aka "Christianity".  In BOTH cases, "dab" has NOTHING to do with monsters, devil, demons, and/or ghosts/spiritualism whatsoever.  In it simpliest form, it just means "traditional" and "non-traditional".  Or if it helps to make your Hmong-Christians feel any better, it is the "old way" versus the "new way"  ...   :D  ***  Bottom line, you HA'Mung need to know facts (actual Hmong vocabulary terms/phrase and their inherent application) versus being overly Western influenced, ignorant, and "lost in verbatim" non-applicable translation/misapplication.  That is just plain stupid; narrow-mindedness.)

Like this post: +1

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 16, 2022, 12:31:38 PM »
Eliminate as in like mass genocide??
Killing all the hmong shaman people??

Oh boy

Thats good some Christian moral value right there

;D ;D ;D

God did not created man...man created god

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 16, 2022, 10:41:03 PM »
Why you want to kill all the hmong shaman
Thats kinda of evil

Good thing we don’t follow these Christian moral of yours

CUZ ITS FREAKIN CRAZY MENTAL NUTS

God did not created man...man created god

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 24, 2023, 02:21:07 PM »

I'll go on worshipping my ha-mong beliefs and killing my chickens & pigs cos at least no wars and no human lives have ever been taken in the name of my ancestors beliefs ..

... unlike some beliefs where they proclaim to "love thy neighbor" and "judge not lest ye be judged" but turn right around and break their fvcked up vows by hatin & killing on others different from them :idiot2: :idiot2:

I ain't Christian yet, but I find your answers pretty absurd and your logic is naive. You mentioned that God and his people in the Old Testament slaughter young goats and sheeps and sacrifice them to their deity is likely similar to our Shamanism belief. Yes, it does. However, that tradition was abolished during prophet Jeremiah's era. Right after several kings' rule was ended, Jesus is the replacement of a ram so everyone has the chance to redeem him/herself and also get rid of evil spirits that haunting him/her.

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 24, 2023, 02:43:15 PM »
Why you want to kill all the hmong shaman
Thats kinda of evil

Good thing we don’t follow these Christian moral of yours

CUZ ITS FREAKIN CRAZY MENTAL NUTS

So you implying he wanted to destroy all Shamanic practitioners.   :2funny:

He saying they should open their eyes to see their errors in Shamanism: self-contradiction, blaming others' misfortunes, adultery, toxicity. There's one thing a person who holds this Shamanism belief most likely judge others thinking he/she is righteous and important than them. There'll be no end for this person's arrogance and ignorance until he/she treat them like sh!t without compassion.

Not sure what you mean "following Christian moral". It seems you emphasizing your immoral behaviors should be tolerate than taking the accounts seriously.

Advertisements