Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Shamanism Should be Eliminated  (Read 59266 times)

Offline joot

• Jr. Poster
  • Lonewolf & Cub
  • Respect: +80
    • View Profile
Re: Hmong Shamanism Should be Eliminated
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2013, 09:38:38 AM »
I understand most of you kids in here are Hmong who still practice shamanism including Reporter, a moderator in here.  I respect your practice.  However, the larger question is this:  WHERE DOES YOUR SOUL OR SPIRIT GO WHEN YOUR PHYSICAL BODY DIES?  I challenged those of you bashing our Christian faith to answer this question for me.  You can kill thousands of chickens, pigs, cows as you want.  I don't care.  What I care is for you to answer the question I proposed.  I will keep quiet and let you smart people speak.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

asadfg

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2013, 10:26:52 AM »
^^^^ even YOU don't know the actual answer to that. u just think you do cos u assume your truth by some proclamation in a book put together by a couple white/jewish/arabic guys some centuries ago ...

remember your current converted holier-than-thou christianity belief was once originated from a bunch of ppl who practiced animal sacrifice just like your ha-mong ancestors who you spit on .. :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:

unless you dont ever get sick, get old and die & rot  in the end like the rest of us your point is BS.

Like this post: +1

Tubpojntxoog

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2013, 10:30:09 AM »
Many of you grew up experiencing Hmong shamanism~  The hmong culture revolves around shamanism; the spiritual world of our ancestors and the dead.  This religion carries a deep root that has been practices for centuries. 

But there is a problem with this religion!  Especially if you're living in America.  One major problem with Hmong shamanism is that it doesn't teach people morals.  Hmong shamanism is a form of communication with the spiritual world.  If a person doesn't believe in spirituality - Hmong religion is just one big joke!

But lets dissect the religion into 3 catagories. 

1) Does this religion engage people's morality and humanity?  No
2) Does this religion help give people enlightment and salvation?  No
3) Does this religion create fear and caution?  Yes

Why are you afraid when an elder says "your spirit has left your body."  This fear and panic creates even more stress- and could cause you to become more sick.  The "fear" tatic. 

Why doesn't Hmong Shamanism teach morality and good judgement~  If it did; the hmong culture would be very different.  Certain religion teaches "right from wrong"  but Hmong shamanism lacks those teachings.  Shamanism teaches fear and prevention.  It doesn't teach moral values that can build a person to have good judgement.

If a person lacks good judgement; there will be violence and destruction~  We see this in many Hmong families. 

Religion is suppose to build a foundation for the people/family/community.  If a religion is only used as a "fear" tactic and a tool for healing.  There is no value~ in it.  The truth; spiritual healing is does not work~ it's a form of mental healing. 

If you raise your children around Shamanism; make sure to teach them good values and behaviors.  Many hmong parents forget to teach moral values to their children~ this always leads to abuse and violence in the future.

Usually those who leave the Hmong culture are the ones who do not understand and do not have a good knowledge of Hmong culture themselves. I often hear Hmong Christians say that Hmong ghuab ke simply sends the souls back to China, a big misunderstandi ng.

No, Hmong shamanism doesn't teach much about morality, but that does not mean it doesn't touch on the issue at all. Before the shaman performs, he burns a few pieces of paper and cast a couple times of rice grain to the pig telling the pig why it is chosen and what the shaman has for it after its death. Before the guy performs, he burns a few pieces of paper to his shamanic spirits, and then he burns a few to the spirits in the house asking their permission and guidance.
During the performance, when the shaman goes to the owner's house, he can't just enter the house. He has to let the spirits in the house know who he is, who asked him to come, and the reason why he is coming. These can be considered as some moral principles for us, but it is just us that do not listen and do not pay attention to what the shaman is teaching us.

No religion is perfect. There are always pros and cons within each religion. However, to wipe out a religion just because you do not believe it or just because your religion teaches you that that religion is wrong is a mistake. In fact, anyone who has that attitude is lacking morality himself.

asadfg

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2013, 10:30:51 AM »
I understand most of you kids in here are Hmong who still practice shamanism including Reporter, a moderator in here.  I respect your practice.  However, the larger question is this:  WHERE DOES YOUR SOUL OR SPIRIT GO WHEN YOUR PHYSICAL BODY DIES?  I challenged those of you bashing our Christian faith to answer this question for me.  You can kill thousands of chickens, pigs, cows as you want.  I don't care.  What I care is for you to answer the question I proposed.  I will keep quiet and let you smart people speak.

I'll go on worshipping my ha-mong beliefs and killing my chickens & pigs cos at least no wars and no human lives have ever been taken in the name of my ancestors beliefs ..

... unlike some beliefs where they proclaim to "love thy neighbor" and "judge not lest ye be judged" but turn right around and break their fvcked up vows by hatin & killing on others different from them :idiot2: :idiot2:

Offline joot

• Jr. Poster
  • Lonewolf & Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2013, 11:27:00 AM »
^^ Just answer the question.  Stop the bashing.  No need to behave like an idiot.  Am I bashing your chicken killing, pig killing, cow killing ritual?  If you don't know the answer, just say so...

asadfg

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2013, 11:37:54 AM »
^^^ whats the point in anyone tellin you what they believe when you already think your holier than thou belief is #1 (n everyone else's belief  is "work of the devil"?  you're just goan discredit them and spew some bible lines out as if it was a provable fact ;D

my point is aint no one holier than anyone cos in the end yo ass if goan die n rot just like me and the next tom, **** n harry ... you preach to yoself that yo ass is goan end up in paradise after you die -- myself and Im pretty sure no one else gives a rats arse what n where you think you go to after you rot. ... The issue is when you try to discredit others beliefs that are different from yours.

I know yall yay-sue beleivers got to shit on others beleifs cos thats what your holy book tells you to do ....

so go ahead n admit that ur just lookin for a chance to hate on your own ancestors beliefs like the OP

End of story.

chidorix0x

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2013, 11:41:50 AM »
asadfg --  O0

asadfg

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2013, 11:46:04 AM »
Puauauaaha .. Im glad we can at least agree on one thing chido  ;D  O0

Tubpojntxoog

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2013, 11:53:29 AM »

The answer to your question requires a deeper knowledge of Hmong belief system. Hmong people do not teach the younger generations much about Hmong religion, except a little here and there at the funeral. Anything related to death is not an issue to be talked openly. Again, this is another belief clinging in Hmong culture, and that the problem.

Let me share what I know of. The Hmong religion teaches us that a physical body consisted of three souls. The body is materialistic, and it doesn't live on forever. When the body dies, one soul is sent back to heaven to stay there. In heaven, there are Hmong Poj Yawm or the creator, therefore, we said mus cuag Poj cuag Yawm in the Qhuab Ke. One soul also goes to heaven, but when it reaches there it will be reincarnated and sent back to earth to enter another physical body. Hmong refers this as mus thawj thiab. The process is done by the Poj Yawm, the creator. The third soul is staying at where the death body is buried, watching over it and at the same time blessing the descendants who are still alive. This is the soul that when a Hmong family has a ritual ceremony such as new year, ua plig, wedding, etc.., they do Laig Dab. Laig Dab is not just worshiping those souls at the cemetery but also worshiping the Poj Yawm in heaven.

I believe Hmong has their own religion that is truly unique to themselves. Our culture is just as bright as other cultures here on earth. It just that it is not understood well by Hmong majority and it is not well organized.

Like this post: +2

chidorix0x

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2013, 11:53:39 AM »
 :)  ...  I am not one to let "ignorance, naivety, nearsightednes s, narrow-mindedness, arrogance, and pompous irrational and illogical rhetoric" rant incessantly -- regardless of what the subject matter is ...  8)

3 Years Time

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2013, 01:44:25 PM »
Holy shit, you actually know where the soul goes after the physical body dies? You must know everything about the universe!

Offline joot

• Jr. Poster
  • Lonewolf & Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2013, 10:06:07 PM »
I just wanted to see who am I debating with...it turns out I am debating with not one, not two, but three ten year olds......

Offline joot

• Jr. Poster
  • Lonewolf & Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2013, 10:08:01 PM »
Either that or three retards...

Offline joot

• Jr. Poster
  • Lonewolf & Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2013, 10:11:59 PM »
My seven year old can debate better...for one, he does understand the question asked...you kids need to take a chill pill.  I don't want you three lowering my intelligence to your level...

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2013, 10:28:08 PM »

The soul/spirit goes back to the spirit world after death. It goes home to where it all first began before you we're born.

Advertisements