Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Shamanism Should be Eliminated  (Read 59310 times)

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
Re: Hmong Shamanism Should be Eliminated
« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2013, 07:53:43 PM »
You have to believe in Santa Claus, the Easter bunny and the boogie man. LOLz..

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

asadfg

« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2013, 11:34:49 PM »
^^^ this dude is too blind to see the own plank in his own eye ...  ::) ::) ::)

HUNG TU LO

« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2013, 10:16:56 AM »
Therefore, if you are coming from scientifically, you just blown your own ship. Because you can't disprove it since you need science to prove with evidence...

First of all, I never said anything about science. Secondly, science is the study of" and has nothing to do with proving and disprove. A phenomenon is witnessed and science studies it further. Why are people having trouble understanding this when 9th grade high school physical science teachers beats this idea into our heads? Quote me saying that the word "science" on this thread and I will personally perma-ban myself from PH...this is the second time I'm calling you out on quoting me and I'll ban myself. Yet, you can't fulfill because you're simply putting words in my mouth.

Since God is philosophical, that's where we can really debate about it.

And animism/shamanism too, can be a philosophical discussion. Or is your belief the only thing that is valid, bigot?

I have NEVER seen a shamanist pray like how a Buddhist or a Christian would do it...I see the elders bowing down to a piece of paper, eggs, a dead chicken, and some incense around it for the aroma are considered as demonic worshipping.

The world doesn't revolve around you, your beliefs, and your religion.

You want to be a douche bag to other beliefs, I can do it to you as well. Christians living by a book with pages that I can wipe my ass with or roll tobacco or marijuana with. Christians getting on their knees live slaves  to repent. Do you get on your knees when you do something wrong at work or when you say something bad to your parents? Sounds like a slave-master relationship to me.

If you want to talk shit about others, don't be surprised when others talk shit back to you. Just because something isn't important to you, doesn't mean it's not important to others.

Have you EVER read Frank Turek's book?

I. Don't. Give. A. Fukk. Nor does anyone else. Have you played League of Legends? Grand Theft Auto 5? Exactly. You. Don't. Give. A. Fukk. The world doesn't revolve around me or you.

This guy is just busting himself. I don't even have to do it. What a bigot.

HUNG TU LO

« Reply #93 on: November 01, 2013, 06:29:00 AM »
You said something about disproving. So, I am here with what you got. The way I see it has no evidence to prove there is no God. Therefore, you are on the boundary without evidence.

The way I see it has no evidence to prove there is no spirit world and that certain humans can contact the spirit world. Therefore, you are on the boundary without evidence.

HUNG TU LO

« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2013, 06:38:07 AM »
Is there a standard in the shamanism realm? Who is the judge in the afterlife? Again, this is what buddhist really lacks and I find ALL asian religion lacks on this A LOT!

Western barbarism and the idea that only European Christianity is valid. It's nothing new. The Crusades, Spanish Inquisition, French Indochina, modern neo-conversion "Hey, we're Christians and we've reconciled! Come join us!" No thanks. I have a brain...

...then I wouldn't care of me giving you truth because your laziness.

Oh, you have the truth? Wooooooooooooo ooWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWW. Everybody, this guy's got the truth!

:idiot2:

night912

« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2013, 08:36:58 AM »

As for Shamanism, you have no evidence NOR having anything.

There are plenty of evidence. Here is the evidence, there are shamans out there.

HUNG TU LO

« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2013, 12:05:17 PM »
Let's settle this once and for all. I want to find a devout animist/shamanist person on this PH forum and I want TheAfterLife to participate. What we will do is decide on a location away from people. When we meet up, what I will be doing is beating the shit out of both of you. No rules, no holding back, you can't fight back.

The idea is that if your God and spirits exists, my malice will be thwarted by the act of God and spirits somewhere in between. For example, on the day of the ass beating, I will come down with diarrhea or my car tire will blow out and I won't make it.

Care to do the challenge? If you have so much faith in God, then there should be no problem because I should be shitting water on that day, right?

Like this post: +1

night912

« Reply #97 on: November 02, 2013, 08:29:26 PM »
Again, if the religion is true in shamanism, where can I find the source and books in the Hmong realm? Where's the science in shamanism? Because in Christianity, we have science.

Isn't carbon dating science?

Offline dlabtsi_os

• Jr. Poster
  • AMAZZZZZZON!
  • Respect: +42
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 03, 2013, 02:29:55 PM »
There are plenty of evidence. Here is the evidence, there are shamans out there.

Eh as much as a pro-shaman person, that is circular reasoning. Just as saying there is the bible, pastor, priest and etc. It doesn't really prove anything, just a reassert that we have shaman.

I agree there are shamans out there, but that's not the topic. The topic that Hungy brought was to prove shamanism to be true. He didn't point out anything. I did. And now he's talking crap about Christianity to which I find that intolerant. He's going through the route of Richard Dawkins, the radical, religious atheist.

One thing Hung Tu Lo does are what I sometimes call fallacious science or marketing science. Basically it is the use of a small hypothesis to prove the hypothesis that is correct.

It's rather easier to disprove than to prove. It's better to have stronger evidence to disprove rather having weak evidence proving. So to use science to prove something, you are asking a sledgehammer to slam your head. As for Dawkins, eh I don't really have an opinion on that guy.

As for science, religion, shaman, theologians, we can agree upon one thing. We are all humans, and as human being we all make fallacious argument from time to time.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 02:34:48 PM by dlabtsi_os »

Test your might!

night912

« Reply #99 on: November 03, 2013, 06:29:04 PM »
Eh as much as a pro-shaman person, that is circular reasoning. Just as saying there is the bible, pastor, priest and etc. It doesn't really prove anything, just a reassert that we have shaman.

That's my point. But if someone uses the bible or other believers to prove that Christianity is right then one can use my example as well.

night912

« Reply #100 on: November 04, 2013, 10:45:14 AM »
Wow! Are you really gonna test God like how Lucifer did to Jesus in the 40 days in the dessert? You sound like this silly joke here:

There was an old man sitting on his porch watching the rain fall. Pretty soon the water was coming over the porch and into the house.

The old man was still sitting there when a rescue boat came and the people on board said, "You can't stay here you have to come with us."

The old man replied, "No, God will save me." So the boat left. A little while later the water was up to the second floor, and another rescue boat came, and again told the old man he had to come with them.

The old man again replied, "God will save me." So the boat left him again.

An hour later the water was up to the roof and a third rescue boat approached the old man, and tried to get him to come with them.

Again the old man refused to leave stating that, "God will save him." So the boat left him again.

Soon after, the man drowns and goes to heaven, and when he sees God he asks him, "Why didn't you save me?"

God replied, "You dummy! I tried. I sent three boats after you!!"
[/i]

The moral isn't about testing god.

night912

« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2013, 01:31:07 PM »
Here is your post:

The moral isn't about testing god.

Re-read your previous quotes. You said ur going to punch me in the face. Okay, and then you said:

"Care to do the challenge? If you have so much faith in God, then there should be no problem because I should be shitting water on that day, right?"

Doesn't this sound like your testing my God?

Some idiots don't know how read. :idiot2:  :idiot2:

You proven yet again what I always said about you. You don't read other people's responds before commenting.

Katelyn

« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2013, 12:49:56 PM »

Bottom Line:
=========
Your Parents brought you this far.... into a world where you are not hungry, your rights are in front of you, and you can choose whatever religion you want, and hell you can join a cult for all anyone cares.

Don't you?..... for one minute think, that your Parents did their best so you could eat, live, and have something to believe in, not so you could make it to this forum....just to "Bash" on your own religion & culture.

Aside from that reality, on a Spiritual note: Your Ancestors are probably witnessing you, bashing on your belief and thinking, what a waist of our time watching over you.

The belief and culture are not lost or lacking....... ...its obviously done something to bring you this far in your own life.......but if you're not happy with yourself, by all means......the religion and culture won't hold you down.

If you don't know how to keep the richness of your belief and culture and learn to let go of the bad in it. Well, then its all your loss and you will be.....forever lost regardless of whatever religion you convert to.

Kindness, Compassion, Goodness, Hope, Faith, Love, etc. are all one and the same regardless whatever you seek....have you ever thought that you are the one lacking?

Like this post: +1

Offline dlabtsi_os

• Jr. Poster
  • AMAZZZZZZON!
  • Respect: +42
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 07, 2013, 03:14:03 PM »
Bottom Line:
=========
Your Parents brought you this far.... into a world where you are not hungry, your rights are in front of you, and you can choose whatever religion you want, and hell you can join a cult for all anyone cares.

Don't you?..... for one minute think, that your Parents did their best so you could eat, live, and have something to believe in, not so you could make it to this forum....just to "Bash" on your own religion & culture.

Aside from that reality, on a Spiritual note: Your Ancestors are probably witnessing you, bashing on your belief and thinking, what a waist of our time watching over you.

The belief and culture are not lost or lacking....... ...its obviously done something to bring you this far in your own life.......but if you're not happy with yourself, by all means......the religion and culture won't hold you down.

If you don't know how to keep the richness of your belief and culture and learn to let go of the bad in it. Well, then its all your loss and you will be.....forever lost regardless of whatever religion you convert to.

Kindness, Compassion, Goodness, Hope, Faith, Love, etc. are all one and the same regardless whatever you seek....have you ever thought that you are the one lacking?

Bottom Line: Don't waste your energy and life for those Hmong who believe they enlighten themselves to the world, therefore they condescend their Hmong people. Instead focus your energy to have a bright future, and if you have the time, guide the Hmong who are still trap in the dark. And of course leave the fighting to your, dlabtsi_os.  O0

Test your might!

BoredatWork

« Reply #104 on: November 07, 2013, 03:35:15 PM »
I believe I will live life to the fullest and not hurt or harm anyone.  When my time comes and if there is a GOD and he decides that I can not get into Heaven because I did not believe in him but let rapist, murders, theives in because they have asked for forgiveness, Let it be!

Advertisements