Advertisement

Author Topic: Knives collection?  (Read 26311 times)

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
Re: Knives collection?
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2013, 06:20:57 AM »
I'm a bit concern about those folding blades. I know it was made with top quality, however I'm scare that the blade can fold back while you are cutting. instead of cut what you wanna cut, and end up chopping off all your fingers due to the blade snap'n back.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Producer

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2013, 03:02:30 PM »
I'm a bit concern about those folding blades. I know it was made with top quality, however I'm scare that the blade can fold back while you are cutting. instead of cut what you wanna cut, and end up chopping off all your fingers due to the blade snap'n back.

Depends on how the knife is made. My buck as a strong piece of metal that locks the blade from accidental switch. All top brands usually are made like this even the Benchmade ones. I will take a pic and show when I have time.

I made my first folding knife purchase! I love the speed safe on this thing. The blade flips out sooo buttery smooth using your index finger. I don't intend to become a collector. It's going to be my main carry for camping, hunting, and fishing.

Nice. Kershaw are good brands as well. Pretty soon you are going to go crazy on knives like me. haha..

Like this post: +1

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2013, 03:34:34 PM »
Depends on how the knife is made. My buck as a strong piece of metal that locks the blade from accidental switch. All top brands usually are made like this even the Benchmade ones. I will take a pic and show when I have time.

Nice. Kershaw are good brands as well. Pretty soon you are going to go crazy on knives like me. haha..
Okay..

PRINCESS.

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2013, 06:24:24 PM »

lol yea that's how it starts huh? I just want 1 more fixed-blade knife and maybe an axe then I think I'm good.   ;D This whole time I've been using hmong knives only.

It feels pretty safe. I won't be using it for any heavy workloads. It's perfect for field-dressing and skinning animals.

Online VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2013, 04:15:50 PM »
Yeah, some knives are really just for collecting.  O0

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Producer

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2013, 10:30:21 PM »
lol yea that's how it starts huh? I just want 1 more fixed-blade knife and maybe an axe then I think I'm good.   ;D This whole time I've been using hmong knives only.

It's good to have a different types of design knives laying around when you need it. One for batoning and the other for slicing. I have yet to find a really good folder I really want though I like the Benchmade Subrosa and have yet to pull the trigger..

credit to BladeForums

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2013, 12:01:29 AM »
Wow. that's some nice blades. That looks like those fold out blades?

Producer

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2013, 07:27:49 AM »
Wow. that's some nice blades. That looks like those fold out blades?

I believe these benchmade has a quick switch release. BTW any of you guys from wisconsin?

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2013, 07:02:53 PM »
I believe these benchmade has a quick switch release. BTW any of you guys from wisconsin?
No I'm here in MN.

PRINCESS.

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2013, 09:54:01 PM »
It's good to have a different types of design knives laying around when you need it. One for batoning and the other for slicing. I have yet to find a really good folder I really want though I like the Benchmade Subrosa and have yet to pull the trigger..

credit to BladeForums

Hey considering you have a nice collection already I think you're fine without a folder. Unless you need an everyday carry that fits in your pocket? To be honest I rarely carry knives with me, only when I'm out doing some outdoor stuff.

Producer

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2013, 11:38:20 PM »
Hey considering you have a nice collection already I think you're fine without a folder. Unless you need an everyday carry that fits in your pocket? To be honest I rarely carry knives with me, only when I'm out doing some outdoor stuff.

I need a nice folder that i can put in my car or EDC with me. I also EDC a flashlight as well. I just hate the fact that some times you think you don't need it but end up needing it.

Producer

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2013, 11:41:30 PM »
No I'm here in MN.

oh because they have this one gathering call "Grind In" about three times a year up in the UP MI. you can custom make your own knife design. it's quite interesting if you are looking for a special design knife. I am heading up there this coming March 2014.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2013, 05:42:41 PM »
Not exactly Rambo's but something similar.

Very sharp.

I'm adding my special things to the handle: stronger fishing lines, strike-anywhere matches (those the cowboys used to just strike on their pants to ignite), and a few more.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2013, 05:28:27 PM »
^^^ Nice.. I would of called RAMBO. LOL

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2013, 11:13:46 PM »
^^^ Nice.. I would of called RAMBO. LOL

O0

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Advertisements