Advertisement

Author Topic: Knives collection?  (Read 26313 times)

Producer

Re: Knives collection?
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2014, 12:59:20 PM »
@redfork,

not a lot of Hmong folks buy expensive knives..especi ally the bark river brands. you are only the third one i've seen so far besides me. nice collection though, you put them through good use.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2014, 11:46:47 PM »
I see you guys are more crazy about knives than I am.  LOL.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Producer

« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2014, 01:44:30 AM »
I see you guys are more crazy about knives than I am.  LOL.

I'm not going to lie, i'm a knife nut.. a beautiful knife is like a bar of gold to me lol

redfork

« Reply #93 on: May 08, 2014, 01:47:44 PM »
mFree,
Great buy. My next knife, I'm debating between the Gunny Hunter and the Bravo LT. I'll probably end up with both in the long run.

Producer

« Reply #94 on: May 08, 2014, 05:02:11 PM »
mFree,
Great buy. My next knife, I'm debating between the Gunny Hunter and the Bravo LT. I'll probably end up with both in the long run.

My gunny elmax should be here in two weeks or so.. i had this preorder last summer already. Should be a great knife with this new steel. The bravo 1 LT i think is perfect compare to the original version which is thick as heck. I'm thinking about sending it in to get a full height conversion done to it.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 05:04:39 PM by mFREE »

Producer

« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2014, 03:11:56 PM »
Hey folks here are my two new Bark River Gunny. One is the new super stainless steel in elmax with black canvas micarta red liner (full height grind) the other is a gunny in cpm 3v with a aged bamboo handle. Sorry, photo is large because i'm using a phone.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 03:14:28 PM by mFREE »

Jevxeem

« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2015, 04:01:18 PM »
I'm also a big fan of Hmong knives but they're hit or miss deals, mainly misses. Most of the forgers don't know exactly what type of steel they are using so they follow the same process of heating and tempering. Sometimes they turn out right. Other times they're worthless. I got a local guy to build me one out of D2 tool steel. This is the middle knife in this picture. The other two are for slicing and general cut around the kitchen only. Can't do any heavy work on these.

I like your Hmong knives.  Can you hook me up with the Hmong blacksmith?  PM me if it's too personal to share on this thread.

Advertisements