Advertisement

Author Topic: Knives collection?  (Read 26197 times)

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
Knives collection?
« on: September 02, 2013, 07:55:57 AM »
Some how I'm attracted to nicely crafted knives. I buy them and I never use it. Too scare I might loose it so I just put it away. Will post some pix up. On my I phone typing.
Show me some of your nice blades.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 06:48:10 PM by saki saki »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: Knives collection?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 10:12:20 PM »
I love knives, too. I've bought them left and right. Little ones to those that are larger for the belt.

I'll get some pictures soon, too.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 10:44:28 AM »

Producer

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 12:11:01 PM »
okay guys..here are my knife collection. some pictures are taken with cell phone camera and some with digital which is 2-3 months ago.

BUCK alpha dorado with rose wood handle along with the buck Batam BLW and it's little brother

ESEE 4 - with The Knife Connection G-10 custom handle scales + molle locks

1st ESEE 6 - with green liners + olive sheath

2nd ESEE 6 - with brown sheath and orange liner

BARK RIVER GUNNY A2 - RAMPLESS with red liners

here is close up of the liner

FIDDLEBACK FORGE RECLUSE with white/black liners

I collect

Producer

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 12:13:18 PM »
I collect high end flash lights as well.. maybe when i have time i'll take them out and snap a few pics when i have time  O0

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 02:05:26 PM »
mFree you got a very nice knife collection. I'm jelly of you now. lol

Producer

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 05:00:51 PM »
Yeah I have another stainless bark river gunny in cpm s35vn on pre-order. Should be here next month.

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 05:05:48 PM »
Why a month from now? I thought S&H only take 3-5 days only. Unless you pre-order, like how I pre- my TF.

Producer

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 05:11:59 PM »
Because I want a certain type of handle that's why. Bark river only runs on production shedule. Usually takes 6 weeks to get one if pre order.

PRINCESS.

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 05:43:52 PM »
Hey knife collectors! I want to know more about this hobby of yours. What is it about knives that make you want to collect them? Is there something particular about a knife that you look for, like the construction or material it's made out of? Or a cool feature it can do? Do you ever use them or just store them away to admire? mFREE, you also mentioned flashlights.. can you elaborate on that?

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2013, 06:44:56 PM »
Because I want a certain type of handle that's why. Bark river only runs on production shedule. Usually takes 6 weeks to get one if pre order.
Wow. How many do you have in total? LOL I would wanna mess with a lady who knows her blades. LOL

Anyways I do have some flashlights, but only for night fishing and hunting. When I'm in the dark I need the best light that I can have without it being too bulky or heavy. And each lights has a it's own usage. 

TheNewGuy

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2013, 12:16:40 AM »
Nice!  Here's a few of mine.  Both Gerbers are spring loaded.  First pic of the knife is what I use everyday so it's a bit worn down but still works awesome!

Producer

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2013, 12:26:23 AM »
Hey knife collectors! I want to know more about this hobby of yours. What is it about knives that make you want to collect them? Is there something particular about a knife that you look for, like the construction or material it's made out of? Or a cool feature it can do? Do you ever use them or just store them away to admire? mFREE, you also mentioned flashlights.. can you elaborate on that?

I buy to use and collect as well. usually when i am looking into purchasing a new knife i look into the reviews of people who has used them already. mainly when i look for the type of steel, design and craftsman of the knife. Here is the chart to show the toughness of the steels and it's strenght to hold a sharp edge. The chart is provided by Crucible Steel.

For example - A2 steel which is a carbon steel but is not stainless is a tool steel that has been out for a very long time already. This steel when use to make knives can hold it's sharpness for quite some time without needing to sharpen it. A2 steel will rust if you do not put on a patina or oil it up. 

CPM 3V is the toughest carbon steel out there today. it is semi-stainless. this steel can hold a edge longer then A2 as well as it's toughness. this steel will not roll but will chip unlike the A2 which will roll before chipping but is harder to sharpen because of it's tough steel.

1095 High Carbon Steel which ESEE/ROWEN uses to make their knives are a good steel as well but this steel will rust just like the A2, 01, and 3V if not properly taken care of.  There is too much to explain but hopefully that chart up there will help any of you guys who are interested in knives and plan to make future purchases. my advice is stay away from stainless steel like 440C and CPM S30V. They are weak. CPM S35VN is the upgraded version of these stainless steel.

Anways back to the flashlight thing. here is a picture of the lights i currently own. i had way more but my wife was complaining so i sold 4 of them to some buddies co/worker.

LEFT to RIGHT: EagleTac T20C2, FENIX TK11 R5, FENIX TK11 R5, FENIX TK11 R5, FENIX TK11 R5.

These lights uses these type of batteries which are 18650 3100mAh rechargeable. these batteries cost a arm and leg for it. 23 bucks for one and i have 14 of them  O0

Producer

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2013, 12:31:48 AM »
@saki,

no, i had couple of more esee knives and bark river that i sold a couple of months back. i had the bark river bravo 1 in A2 and esee 5 that i sold. the bravo 1 was too thick as well as the esee 5. i waiting for the new thinner bravo 1 to come out at the end of this year. hopefully i have enough $$ to buy it when the time comes..

Offline Im a Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • if u cont to do wat ur doing U will never get rich
  • Respect: +27
    • View Profile
    • Von.Yaj
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2013, 10:41:41 AM »
Nice stuff. Thanks for the eagletac product. Never knew it existed...  ;D I am looking for a flashlight that is small and powerful. 1030 lumen led. Getting this one... Those knive, I collect from cheapo knive that I found in big 5 sporting. I like the winchester set for a good 20$... Lost a rambo knive while hunting so I am looking to get me another one. Thinking about a mechete so I can use it to cut high brushes. Another one might consider is the hmong knive.

" YOUR GOVERMENT IS SELLING YOUR CHILDREN DRUGS, AND YOU DON'T SEEM TO CARE. YOUR OWN GOVERMENT HAS GIVEN AWAY THE POWER OF THE PEOPLE AND YOU DON'T SEEM TO CARE. WE ARE TRULY NOW A NATION OF SHEEP, AND LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. I ASSURE YOU THAT SHEEP ARE ALWAYS LED TO SLAUGHTER. "

milton william

Advertisements