Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong green and Hmong white-please be serious about the topic  (Read 23961 times)

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
Re: Hmong green and Hmong white-please be serious about the topic
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2014, 06:34:23 PM »
^^ I could never ever understood the reasoning behind why some green dialect speaking Moob people would speak the white dialect while in the company of white dialect speakers...

Because we are just that good. Don't be Jelly cuz you can only speak Hmng Whyte and Engrish only.. While we can speak the 3 lingos.... hehee..j/k..

No but for real, if we speak the green lingo to the whyte lingo people theu would be like WTF.... Are you even HmnG???

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

TruthAboveKnowledge

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2014, 01:01:00 AM »
I don't hate my fellow white-dialect Hmongs and they can do whatever pleases them just like any green-dialect Hmong.  All that I really ask from the passerby was that he be mindful and respectful.  I was asking him to put on his Hmong manners and yet he was totally jerking off.  Same goes for everyone here, don't play the hate game…if you do, we as a Hmong community has just Failed.

Offline dlabtsi_os

• Jr. Poster
  • AMAZZZZZZON!
  • Respect: +42
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2014, 08:26:18 PM »
Here is the truth about how Hmong Green and Hmong White is looked at back in the old days of Laos!  Green hillbilly uneducated ant wants to bit them because their pants are to long to the ground.  White educated leaders better of in society not hillbilly.  Hate me but that was how it was in the old days of Laos!  Just info in the topic.

Wrong. Both were treated fairly and unjust during the French Colonization. The reason White were seen as educated, because there were French Pasture trying to created a language to communicate, what we called now is RPA. But before that, let's go back a bit farther. How did Hmong and French communicate? Have you heard lus Tsov/Tsuv? These were informal made up language to communicate one and another. The Majority of Lus Tsov/Tsuv were Green Dialect, not because Green was superior, but because they were the majority comparing to White Hmong. Now skipping to the French Pasture. The French Pasture created two RPA; one for White and Green. Because Green cannot sound White and White cannot sound Green. However, during the Laotian Civil War, they didn't have not enough time to publish both of the Hmong RPA. And because the Green Hmong population outweighs the White, the Pasture decide to go with the White RPA, because it saves more time. And my friend that is the White Dialect RPA.

And for the record, General Vang Pao is the only one that is strictly known Hmong White. Others like Touby Lyfoung were descendants from Green Dialect Parents. Not to disrespect General Vang Pao, but he has no education background. But he wasn't a fool either. Thus your logic is invalid; If you want to go by strictly education back in Laos before arriving America, then Green were more educated by position in power. History is full of twist and turns.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 08:39:30 PM by dlabtsi_os »

Test your might!

hmongviking

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2014, 11:50:11 AM »
And because the Green Hmong population outweighs the White, the Pasture decide to go with the White RPA, because it saves more time. And my friend that is the White Dialect RPA.

I really wonder what the population of Dawb is to Leeg.  I lived in MN and CA and it is dominated by Hmong Dawb.  Not to mention MN and CA is the most populated Hmong states.

And for the record, General Vang Pao is the only one that is strictly known Hmong White.

I would disagree with this as Kia Tong Lor, Dr. Yang Dao, Senator Mee Moua, Shong Lue Yang, Pa Chay Vu, Lee Lue, Pa Kao Her, Zong Zoua Her, Dr. PobZeb Vang and Dr. Gary Yia Lee are all Hmong Dawb. O0

How many Hmong Leeg leaders can you name?

« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 12:04:25 PM by hmongviking »

HUNG TU LO

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2014, 12:09:05 PM »
Dr. PobZeb Vang...

Dr. PobZeb of Wisconsin whom passed away some years back? I believe he is Hmoob lees. Many of his Vaaj relatives are in the Eau Claire county and nearly every single Vaaj in EC county is Hmoob lees.

Doesn't really matter. Dawb, lees, it's all just a linguistic regional difference. We have no genetic and/or ethnic difference. Show me the science and I'll concede that Hmoob dawb and lees are different. I bet if genetics were tested among USA Hmong, Burmese Hmong, Vietnamese Hmong, and south China Hmoob dawb and lees, it's all the same gene pool.

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2014, 05:52:06 PM »
But somehow both lingo do not want their kids to marry the other, for they will forget their own lingo and adopt the other lingo. And that is why the lengs marry theirs and the dawbs marry their own.

Otherwise the parent will disapprove the marriage??? Or they will not last long nor have a happy life together rite???
My Uncle;;; he's a leng but he married a HmnG Dawb and his kids don't speak my leng lingo. Thous I have to speak the Dawb lingo. LOL. ANd somtimes I forget and I start to speak my own lingo and they will be like Uh!!!!!!!.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 05:54:11 PM by saki saki »

Sifu

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2014, 08:44:41 AM »
When Hmong dawn speak it sounds like ratta-tat-tat.  When Hmong lees speak it sounds like hyuk-hyuk-hyuk.
White in my experience tended to be more vocal, louder and in your face when it came to not taking out the trash or waking up too late at a buddies house party and grandmother was throwing everyone out.  When I get called out it sounds harsher and more directed.
Green have been more soft spoken and to me have always been looked down because well they're green.  I dunno?  Just always seemed like that to me.
As I got older I noticed that it depended more on the person than the language or stereotypes.  Cray Cray is always going to be Cray Cray.  That crap doesn't stereotype.
I am green and my wife is white.  No issues whatsoever.  The issue has never come up between our families but my inlaws and us joke about it all the time.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2014, 09:47:44 AM »
There's a lot of perceptual truths to stereotypical labels of white vs green.   But if you really want to be open minded and not put stereotypical labels on, then first of all stop labeling green hmong as green.   There's no such thing as green hmong to begin with.  It's Hmong lees.

The origination in the differences of the dialect is more than just simple dialect differences or educational levels.  That's all I'm gonna say, since people will take insult to it.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

AverageTou

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2014, 08:45:32 PM »
Here is the truth about how Hmong Green and Hmong White is looked at back in the old days of Laos!  Green hillbilly uneducated ant wants to bit them because their pants are to long to the ground.  White educated leaders better of in society not hillbilly.  Hate me but that was how it was in the old days of Laos!  Just info in the topic.
Hmoob Dawb kid would say to Hmoob Lees kid: "Hmoob lees taus ris ntev, nyob hauv tsev, ntsaum nab pom ntsaum nab muab plev" - Hmong Leng wore long pants in the house, ants see ants bit.

Moob Leeg kid would say to Moob Dlawb kid: "Moob dlawb aub pob tawb, moog tom haav tsawb, tsuv pum tsuv muab khawb" - Hmong Der carry a bucket to the banana field, tiger see tiger scratch.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 08:47:54 PM by AverageTou »

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2014, 09:01:24 PM »
Hmoob Dawb kid would say to Hmoob Lees kid: "Hmoob lees taus ris ntev, nyob hauv tsev, ntsaum nab pom ntsaum nab muab plev" - Hmong Leng wore long pants in the house, ants see ants bit.

Moob Leeg kid would say to Moob Dlawb kid: "Moob dlawb aub pob tawb, moog tom haav tsawb, tsuv pum tsuv muab khawb" - Hmong Der carry a bucket to the banana field, tiger see tiger scratch.

Ah good one!  O0

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

mronline

« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2014, 09:22:51 AM »
i have no fuss to either cause we are all hmoob xwb, we eat the same food, drink the same water, we do the hmoob things together.  O0

Xeemxai

« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2014, 11:30:08 AM »
Twb nyob rau tiam 21 thiab twb yuav mus rau tiam 22 lawm lo Hmoob tseem coj tus cwj pwm thiab lub siab qub qub puag suav tuaj tshoj los.  Tseem muaj kam sib cav, sib cais pab thiab cais pawg xws lis hmoob dawb hab moob leeg.  Tsi yog laug zug e ncaj zug e yuav qhas cov yaus zoo quas zug tab sis laug zug nkaus zug tuaj lawm xwb!  Tej zag tswv ntuj tis tau lub npe yaum kev lawm... tus siab!

chidorix0x

« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2014, 05:17:10 AM »
Interesting question, and yet even more interesting answers (thoughts) on both front -- LOL!  (My personal experiences, BIAS, is that the Green have always felt, for whatever reasons -- historically or whatever -- inferior to the White and have CAME UP with all their whatever.  Go do your own intellectual, community, and worldly research and you will see my point, unless you are Green-In-Denial.  It is not "hating" or whatever you kids/folks want to call it.  It is just "UPFRONT" reality whether you want to accept, acknowledge, or believe (theorize) it or not.

What I personally want to ASK (know) is how Green Hmong feel about their other half, or the ones they have DISCLAIMED, aka the "Moob Ntsuab", or "Moob Leeg", or "Moob Lees", or whatever OTHER LABEL you want to DISASSOCIATE yourselves with --- HAHAHA!!!

Sifu

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2014, 06:15:32 PM »
It's all Hmong to me.

mronline

« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2014, 01:00:06 AM »
It's all Hmong to me.

200%, zoo siab heev, peb yog hmoob ib yam xwb.

Advertisements