Advertisement

Author Topic: Need help with decoration  (Read 2219 times)

eBook

Need help with decoration
« on: October 02, 2013, 09:35:56 AM »
sooo.. my family room needs some decorations.  I love RED, black, white.  I have a bright orange red carpet and 2 red sofa in the family room.  I also have an 80 inch TV on the wall.  I have 2 windows with white drapes.  My walls are white.  I don't want to repaint the walls.  My budget to decorate this room is $300.00.  Any ideas what I can put. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

k3v|n

Re: Need help with decoration
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 04:08:32 PM »
Orange Carpet, Red Sofas? Holy cow...that's too much already. I guess you can paint the wall neutral color or leave it white. I still can't get over a orange carpet.. not sure what goes well with orange.

Jesskuv

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 07:09:31 PM »
That's a colorful living room. I'm glad you are not afraid of colors, but orange and red together is already too much for me.  Here are my suggestions: get rid of the orange rug go with something that doesn't 'scream look at me' because you don't want the rug and sofa competing with each other; maybe a black and white rug, you can keep the walls and white curtains, and bring in black accents to incorporate with your 80 inch tv which i'm assuming may be black (for example:  toss pillows, coffee and side tables, and other accents like candle sticks, etc.)

Not exactly like this for the rug but something like this so you get the idea:  http://www.overstock.com/Baby/Sweet-JoJo-Designs-Pink-Black-and-White-Princess-Cotton-Floor-Rug/7601796/product.html?refccid=YCBENZ3Y7Q72IV2BB5ORZ2Z2LQ&searchidx=91

« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 07:12:16 PM by Jesskuv »

Lavender

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 10:35:29 PM »
sooo.. my family room needs some decorations.  I love RED, black, white.  I have a bright orange red carpet and 2 red sofa in the family room.  I also have an 80 inch TV on the wall.  I have 2 windows with white drapes.  My walls are white.  I don't want to repaint the walls.  My budget to decorate this room is $300.00.  Any ideas what I can put. 
80 inch TV! Wow!  My husband wants a 60 inch TV, and I thought it was really big already. 

Anyway, please take a picture of your room so we have ideas of what to suggest you. 

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 04:53:24 PM »

Do you have a picture? Accent the reds and orange with a solid gray. I'll need to see a pic before I can make useful suggestions. I'm really good at keeping things under budget.

Missterious

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 07:21:11 PM »
Maybe change the curtain colors. Best if we can see a picture.

Advertisements