Advertisement

Author Topic: .22 lr bullets  (Read 4116 times)

Luther

.22 lr bullets
« on: October 22, 2013, 04:18:32 PM »
Are they still hard to come by in your part of the country? I got a  .22 rifle that I want to get clean up and sighted but I can't find anything decent with a decent price.  Went to Walmart Saturday morning and saw 6 boxes of Federal "target grade" but hesitated to buy. Went back the next morning and they were gone :P

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: .22 lr bullets
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 04:34:31 PM »
Only at Cabela's that I keep finding empty shelves on .22lrs rounds. Elsewhere, I'm able to get at least two boxes.

Mills in Oakdale let me buy up to ten boxes on the .22 wmr.

Another shop up north let me buy two boxes of each kind.

I've been told that there's a handgun that uses .22 bullets and that is why they are short and limited in amounts. But it's just a matter of hunting around for them. The government hasn't prohibited them from being made and sold.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Luther

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 05:02:38 PM »
I wasn't sure if I wanted to clean this gun or not  because I got it for free and it was in poor condition. Good gun just bad ownership. But I went to 3 different walmart and Academy sports with no results.  I'll stop by ****s on Friday and see if I can get my hands on a couple of boxes.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 09:42:45 PM »
I wasn't sure if I wanted to clean this gun or not  because I got it for free and it was in poor condition. Good gun just bad ownership. But I went to 3 different walmart and Academy sports with no results.  I'll stop by ****s on Friday and see if I can get my hands on a couple of boxes.

Try Joe's, too.

I may be going up north again soon. I'll buy extra. You can then buy from me if you can't find any by then.  We'll see...lol

"...

HUNG TU LO

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 02:44:53 PM »
12 gauge shells are plentiful and you won't be overcharged. Plus, you can hunt waterfowl and deer with it and it doubles as a home defense gun.

Are you guys those people that are convinced that hunting squirrels with a .22 rifle is somehow more skillful?

Luther

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 03:58:09 PM »
12 gauge shells are plentiful and you won't be overcharged. Plus, you can hunt waterfowl and deer with it and it doubles as a home defense gun.

Are you guys those people that are convinced that hunting squirrels with a .22 rifle is somehow more skillful?

No. I love plinking in the backyard. Any larger caliber gun and I'll have to go to the range :P

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 05:50:44 PM »

No. The idea of the .22 rifle is so you have cleaner meat and not having to keep pulling bb's out of your mouth at the meal table. If the bb's are lead, you also risk having some health problems.

"...

Luther

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 05:40:23 PM »
good news. I found some CCI at ****'s sporting good yesterday.

I was frustrated driving around town so while doing a little research I came across this. Hacking into Walmarts inventory ftw ;) O0 O0

and for Chrome users

TheNewGuy

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2013, 09:31:29 PM »
I stop buying 22LR after 5k rds that I have on stock.  No use of buying more than needed and I bought CCI LR 100rd for $9.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2013, 09:29:52 PM »
good news. I found some CCI at ****'s sporting good yesterday.

I was frustrated driving around town so while doing a little research I came across this. Hacking into Walmarts inventory ftw ;) O0 O0

and for Chrome users

O0 O0 O0

I'll try that WalMart research technique sometimes soon. It's pretty hard for me.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 09:49:00 PM by Reporter »

"...

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2013, 09:31:36 PM »
I stop buying 22LR after 5k rds that I have on stock.  No use of buying more than needed and I bought CCI LR 100rd for $9.

5K rounds will last you a long time already.

I've just refinished my shed. I'm going to stock up some more soon. lol One corner of it will be segmented for just ammos. ;D

"...

leng-rsx

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2013, 03:10:59 PM »

I have been lucky to find some at fleet farm for $8 bucks per 100rds...Now I'm sitting good at 1400 CCI HP rds!  O0

TheNewGuy

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2013, 10:39:41 PM »
I have been lucky to find some at fleet farm for $8 bucks per 100rds...Now I'm sitting good at 1400 CCI HP rds!  O0

Nice O0

yuknowthat

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2013, 06:26:44 AM »
if you guys have Ace hardware.. stop by those places..

D`Explora

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2014, 06:09:44 PM »
i got a .22lr for xmas and have been trying to find ammo in central wis since then with no luck! always SOLD OUT! smh. and i've been actively searching too!  :(

Advertisements