Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong hunter feared Game Warden; said he would've been killed  (Read 33444 times)

PebHmoobUnited

Re: Hmong hunter feared Game Warden; said he would've been killed
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2013, 11:28:47 AM »
Are you retarded? That's just what the hunter said the warden said. That's someone's word against another's word. Maybe the warden said it, but then maybe he didn't. No one knows the truth, except for the hunter and the warden. Did you hear the warden say it? Do you have proof the warden said it? Were you there? You act like you were there.

AMAZING!!! it doesn;t take long for you to resort to name calling at all.  Since you seem to get all bent out of shape at my questions, questions that we all wanted to know the answer as to what really took place.   Whether Joel Heyan said it or not...if a hunter feared that much about his life.  There has got to be some kind of extreme taunting committed by Joe? 

Until Joe come out with a logical explanation, I'll give Peng the benefit of the doubt.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Finest

« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2013, 02:17:02 PM »
Are you retarded? That's just what the hunter said the warden said. That's someone's word against another's word. Maybe the warden said it, but then maybe he didn't. No one knows the truth, except for the hunter and the warden. Did you hear the warden say it? Do you have proof the warden said it? Were you there? You act like you were there.

We can only hope that the audio recording that the MN DNR stated he had is available for public record so we can hear it for ourselves.  But I'm still guarded on this topic with you Red, until the real facts come out. 

aboo

« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2013, 03:09:19 PM »
PHU - we all really don't know what happened that day except for the two parties involved.  I know you are giving Pheng the benefit of the doubt - that is fine as you have your own reasons.

In all fairness and honesty - we should give the benefit of the doubt to both parties involved.

My reasoning is that I have been in the same shoes as the warden - accused of my actions.  My accusers are also Hmong, so I can attest that a grown Hmong man will crumble to his knees, tears dripping, sobbing like a baby in hopes that he will be believed.  Now mind you he had forgotten that I had recorded our conversation - He was informed of the recording beforehand.  My purpose of recording the conversation was to protect myself from inflammatory accusations.  It was a case of He said/She said but on tape.

Because of my experience, I can say that Hmong people can lie just as good if not better than other communities depending on what the issues are.  We cannot give a person a pass or doubt them based on their Hmong character.

Let us not add more fuel to this fire and watch for the facts to come out.

HUNG TU LO

« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2013, 09:53:32 AM »
To say that somehow the DNR warden didn't have any fear or whatnot, is so bias and unfair. The truth is, both guys were equally fearful and anxious about the whole situation. You have a situation where people are in the woods away from civilization, isolated from others, when everyone carries high caliber rifles and 12 and 10 gauge shotguns. As a hunter, an ethnic minority, you have no idea if the other hunters or wardens approaching you have hate and malice in their hearts. Also, as a game warden, even a white-European person, has no idea if the hunter(s) he/she is approaching has malicious intent. Incidences involving warden and hunters are not always between whites and ethnic minorities. In the 1940s, a white person gunned down three MN DNR game wardens cold-blooded when they wanted him to present his commercial fishing license (which he didn't have). Especially out west in remote areas where people still have an anti-government/anti-progression attitude, poaching is rampant and it's a very dangerous job for game wardens. The deer season is longer and the hunting grounds are more vast, isolated and remote. In most cases, the poachers and those who give shit to wardens are white.

We are all Hmong and let's not lie to ourselves; when in privacy our Hmong elders are very expressive of their fear and suspicion of white people in general especially during hunting season, and the Chai Vang incident only exacerbated it further. What we have here is one Hmong guy who stays within the confines of Hmong community for 365 days a year and on the other end, we have one white person who stays within the confines of white community for 365 days a year. Each has their own misunderstandi ngs, fears, bias, and suspicions about the other race. It doesn't help that both persons cannot fully communicate in one language. And for these few weeks of hunting, they may encounter each other in which all of these emotions and prejudice come rushing out. All it takes is for one little action - the warden speaks in a matter-of-fact tone which Hmong elders do not use towards one another, or a hunter sneaks in a quick radio message in a language the warden cannot understand - and these emotions and prejudice, mixed with adrenaline of not knowing WTF is going on, creates something like this incident.

addisonlee

« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2013, 10:32:42 AM »
To say that somehow the DNR warden didn't have any fear or whatnot, is so bias and unfair. The truth is, both guys were equally fearful and anxious about the whole situation. You have a situation where people are in the woods away from civilization, isolated from others, when everyone carries high caliber rifles and 12 and 10 gauge shotguns. As a hunter, an ethnic minority, you have no idea if the other hunters or wardens approaching you have hate and malice in their hearts. Also, as a game warden, even a white-European person, has no idea if the hunter(s) he/she is approaching has malicious intent. Incidences involving warden and hunters are not always between whites and ethnic minorities. In the 1940s, a white person gunned down three MN DNR game wardens cold-blooded when they wanted him to present his commercial fishing license (which he didn't have). Especially out west in remote areas where people still have an anti-government/anti-progression attitude, poaching is rampant and it's a very dangerous job for game wardens. The deer season is longer and the hunting grounds are more vast, isolated and remote. In most cases, the poachers and those who give shit to wardens are white.

We are all Hmong and let's not lie to ourselves; when in privacy our Hmong elders are very expressive of their fear and suspicion of white people in general especially during hunting season, and the Chai Vang incident only exacerbated it further. What we have here is one Hmong guy who stays within the confines of Hmong community for 365 days a year and on the other end, we have one white person who stays within the confines of white community for 365 days a year. Each has their own misunderstandi ngs, fears, bias, and suspicions about the other race. It doesn't help that both persons cannot fully communicate in one language. And for these few weeks of hunting, they may encounter each other in which all of these emotions and prejudice come rushing out. All it takes is for one little action - the warden speaks in a matter-of-fact tone which Hmong elders do not use towards one another, or a hunter sneaks in a quick radio message in a language the warden cannot understand - and these emotions and prejudice, mixed with adrenaline of not knowing WTF is going on, creates something like this incident.

Well said... there's two sides to the story.

Zafirlukast

« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2013, 04:29:25 PM »
Regardless of the incident, any person have the rights to report/file a claim against any officers of the law that should be reviewed by the department's head or Internal Affairs.  That is the public's right.  We should not assume the reporter have any ill intentions or in misrepresentin g the facts.  The claim will lead into an investigation to find the truth.  Allegations of officer misconduct is a serious matter and should not be taken lightly.  There also other routes in reporting, like the media.

HUNG TU LO

« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2013, 12:15:21 AM »
There also other routes in reporting, like the media.

Once you report it to the media, it's there in stone. You can never recant. Like the people who get accused of sexual abuse and it turns out it was a lie or never happened.

Yeah, I'm innocent now like I always have said. Great. So who the hell do I talk to about getting my dignity and reputation back? Never. It'll never happen. While the media and the accuser gets a homecoming party for being a "hero".

You don't go to the media unless you know for sure there's something to report. Do you know Kong Peng? Did you hear the warden's side of the story? This is like a child comes home and says "my teacher touch me..." and the parent calls school board, city police, county sheriff, and three news stations. That teacher's life is over even if it turns out the child just had an imaginative mind.

Some people don't think.

Zafirlukast

« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2013, 10:24:45 AM »
Once you report it to the media, it's there in stone. You can never recant. Like the people who get accused of sexual abuse and it turns out it was a lie or never happened.

Yeah, I'm innocent now like I always have said. Great. So who the hell do I talk to about getting my dignity and reputation back? Never. It'll never happen. While the media and the accuser gets a homecoming party for being a "hero".

You don't go to the media unless you know for sure there's something to report. Do you know Kong Peng? Did you hear the warden's side of the story? This is like a child comes home and says "my teacher touch me..." and the parent calls school board, city police, county sheriff, and three news stations. That teacher's life is over even if it turns out the child just had an imaginative mind.

Some people don't think.
There is something you got to understand about the LAW. There are laws that protects people from reporting events no matter if true or not.  Or else, if these people were to be held accountable for their reportings, NOBODY WOULD REPORT....in fears of retaliation, and prosecution.  AGAIN, THE PUBLIC have the RIGHTS to report.  The report is NOT FINALIZED DECISION OF WHO IS AT FAULT.  The reporting goes to a governing board to investigate, and make the decision.  You got to also understand that PUBLIC officails/officers, etc, are to serve the public and are held accountable for their line of work.  It is not a case of you accusing your neigbhor for something in their own house.

You also don't need "both sides" of the story to file a report and a claim.  ONLY the GOVERNING BOARD looks at both sides to make a decision.  You are either the PLANTIFF or the DEFENDANT.  YOU don't represent both and need both sides of the story.  The push is to have your side heard.  The defendant will represent his side.  The governing board will decide.

There are times when trying to get a report heard even by the governing board can be problematic, in limbo, etc, because of bias within those department.  Going to the media will put a tremendous amount of pressure so that the governing board act upon the case.  Going to the media also do not need concrete proof.  Again, it serves to bring public awareness and to help push the case into the eyes and ears of those who can do something about it.

This is how the laws and democracy works.  Know your laws and rights. 

Offline joot

• Jr. Poster
  • Lonewolf & Cub
  • Respect: +80
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2013, 11:36:42 AM »
Any new updates on this strange case?

Renaissance

« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2013, 04:19:02 PM »
Updates please.

**bump**

Offline joot

• Jr. Poster
  • Lonewolf & Cub
  • Respect: +80
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2013, 09:51:46 AM »
Any updates to this case...?

-------------------------------------
FINAL UPDATE ON THIS CASE FROM THE ACTIVIST WHO WAS WORKING ON THE ISSUE:

Txiabneeb-Chia Vaj (Facebook)
December 7
Greeting all:

The last idea/ideal offered by DNR was to go through uncle Vaj Tooj (Lola Cherry-Cola) and a Conservation Officer Vaj Yim Leej Lis. So, yes, I declined it. Thus there is no foreseeable future for us to meet up with DNR's to discuss the Kong Pheng Vu incident and other hunting related issues.

So please forgive me for not being able to accomplish of what I thought was the best alternative to resolve the situation.

We live and learn. We press on.

Take care!
Like ·  · Share

« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 07:05:02 PM by Reporter »

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2013, 10:05:20 PM »
Oops...I've modified your reply, Joot! But just the update...sorry .

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

PebHmoobUnited

« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2013, 01:01:58 PM »

So i'm confused....Mr . Vu no longer wants to pursue the case? 

Zafirlukast

« Reply #88 on: December 11, 2013, 02:38:46 PM »

Seems like higher hmong authorities don't want to proceed with Mr. Vu's case in which Mr. Vu plead for help.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 11, 2013, 09:29:08 PM »

Seems like higher hmong authorities don't want to proceed with Mr. Vu's case in which Mr. Vu plead for help.

I don't know.

The MN DNR itself is quite fond of the Hmong and I am not sure why that conservation guy was like that towards Mr. Vu.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 06:54:30 PM by Reporter »

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Advertisements