Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong hunter feared Game Warden; said he would've been killed  (Read 33155 times)

Offline joot

• Jr. Poster
  • Lonewolf & Cub
  • Respect: +80
    • View Profile
Re: Hmong hunter feared Game Warden; said he would've been killed
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2013, 12:39:46 PM »
This story does not make any sense at all.  You have a Hmong hunter accusing a DNR warden of wrongdoing and there is no legal outcome/closure from it?  Either the Hmong DNR people don't have the balls and are kissing up to their bosses you know what or Mr. Vu is hallucinating.  As a hunter, I see this as a slap in the face for all Hmong hunters.  This is going to set a bad precedent in the future in which legitimate claims are going to be ignored due to the failures of Hmong people working within the DNR. 

I can see why Hmong people working in conjunction with the DNR wants to build a better relationship, but when serious claims are lodged or put forward, those issues need to be resolved.  It's as if the relationship between the DNR and the Hmong people working within the DNR are too fragile and any sensitive claims are ignored just to protect the relationship it seems.  Sweeping under the rug is not going to do any of us any good.   

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

PebHmoobUnited

« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2013, 12:47:28 PM »
I don't know.

The MN DNR itself is quite fond of the Hmong and I am not sure that conservation guy was like that towards Mr. Vu.

Bro..can you elaborate the highlighted words?  I'm trying to make sense of all these. ua tsaug

Zafirlukast

« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2013, 01:42:53 PM »
This story does not make any sense at all.  You have a Hmong hunter accusing a DNR warden of wrongdoing and there is no legal outcome/closure from it?  Either the Hmong DNR people don't have the balls and are kissing up to their bosses you know what or Mr. Vu is hallucinating.  As a hunter, I see this as a slap in the face for all Hmong hunters.  This is going to set a bad precedent in the future in which legitimate claims are going to be ignored due to the failures of Hmong people working within the DNR. 

I can see why Hmong people working in conjunction with the DNR wants to build a better relationship, but when serious claims are lodged or put forward, those issues need to be resolved.  It's as if the relationship between the DNR and the Hmong people working within the DNR are too fragile and any sensitive claims are ignored just to protect the relationship it seems.  Sweeping under the rug is not going to do any of us any good.   
It is typical of hmong people to downplay wrong doings of others while excusing their own.  The only better relationship is one that this individual be disciplined so that if true, he doesn't do it again.  If they keep on getting away with these things, it will only make it worst, or God forbid something terrible happens.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 01:46:17 PM by ZãfîR|ük@$t »

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2013, 06:51:01 PM »
Bro..can you elaborate the highlighted words?  I'm trying to make sense of all these. ua tsaug

The DNR's heads in fishery and wildlife have met with the Hmong a few times to encourage and develop programs that would suit the Hmong's interests, although they didn't quite say it specifically  that way just  because it wouldn't be constitutional . But attempts have been made to grow oak trees in order to foster squirrel growth, to find ways to raise white bass in MN so the Hmong won't need to travel to ND every summer, to find ways to improve the squirrel population in MN, and to ensure nonHmong hunters respect all hunters so that there won't be Chai Vang incidents again.

I am not sure where all of those efforts have gone to so far though.

But I'm surprised the said conservation officer seems to have been so averse to Hmong hunters at the White Water area. Mr. Vu isn't the only person who has encountered aggression from this guy. Since Mr. Vu's incident, I've heard that even the Mexicans have experienced his aggression before. I think this officer needs to understand what wildlife management really is: let some animals be killed within limits so that others will have food to survive and procreate into the future. If what Mr. Vu has said is true, then the conservation officer has missed the point. He needs re-education on his work and respect for hunters who will help manage Minnesota's wildlife.

Tong Vang is the community liaison at the DNR. He's been there for some decades. Yeeleng Lee is the only Hmong conservation officer/ranger in MN at the moment. He's been there for some decades. When there's a Hmong issue, these two are usually the consultants for the MN DNR. They don't have much power at the DNR since they aren't managers or higher authorities. But for purpose of the community, they are listened to from both ends--Hmong listen to them about hunting and fishing regulations/laws/enforcements; DNR considers their advice or statements in terms of community concerns.  I hope they foster mutual respect between Hmong and the non-Hmong.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 09:04:21 AM by Reporter »

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

PebHmoobUnited

« Reply #94 on: December 13, 2013, 12:42:42 PM »
BReporter,

Thanks! However, do you know what specifically took place between Joe and Vue?  How legitimate was Vu's testimony on the radio about Joe's action toward Vue?  What legal action if any have been appropriated? If NOT....what reason behind the case NOT to advance it further?

It sounded like this JOE dude is a real CHARM with the minority?  Given his aggressive nature toward non-white hunters....I would think the DNR higher authority would take some precaution measure with this guy?  Keeping him around this area would NOT foster a good relationship with the minority hunters.

Thoughts?

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 13, 2013, 04:17:52 PM »
BReporter,

Thanks! However, do you know what specifically took place between Joe and Vue?  How legitimate was Vu's testimony on the radio about Joe's action toward Vue?  What legal action if any have been appropriated? If NOT....what reason behind the case NOT to advance it further?

It sounded like this JOE dude is a real CHARM with the minority?  Given his aggressive nature toward non-white hunters....I would think the DNR higher authority would take some precaution measure with this guy?  Keeping him around this area would NOT foster a good relationship with the minority hunters.

Thoughts?

I haven't heard Joe's side of the story.

I am not sure how far Vu himself has taken this. But according to ChiaNeng Vang, the community isn't pursuing this through Chianeng. If Vu has hired an attorney on the case, they'll know what to do about his claim. It's not my position to comment too much on a private case then.

"...

PebHmoobUnited

« Reply #96 on: December 16, 2013, 09:35:20 AM »
thanks bro....do keep an ear on this for us....whatever course of action mr. vu pursue....lets hope he have the best interests of the community as well as himself.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 17, 2013, 11:47:44 AM »
 O0

"...

Renaissance

« Reply #98 on: December 17, 2013, 02:59:39 PM »
Base on what Boua Xiong (from KARE 11) said, that there is a recording which was reviewed by superiors who determined that Heyn acted appropriately coupled with no more news from Vue, can we come to a logical conclusion that maybe Vue's story may have been more than what he claim?  When Vue's story came out, the Hmong community was outraged and sided with Vue.  Now that a recording is floating around, how come we don't hear anything from Vue anymore?  If Vue story is indeed true, I hope he pursues the case to the fullest extent of the law.  The Hmong people will be alongside him.  If, however, his story is exaggerated, he will be one of the most hated by Hmong people for misleading every one of us.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 18, 2013, 12:20:49 PM »
Base on what Boua Xiong (from KARE 11) said, that there is a recording which was reviewed by superiors who determined that Heyn acted appropriately coupled with no more news from Vue, can we come to a logical conclusion that maybe Vue's story may have been more than what he claim?  When Vue's story came out, the Hmong community was outraged and sided with Vue.  Now that a recording is floating around, how come we don't hear anything from Vue anymore?  If Vue story is indeed true, I hope he pursues the case to the fullest extent of the law.  The Hmong people will be alongside him.  If, however, his story is exaggerated, he will be one of the most hated by Hmong people for misleading every one of us.

I think the news about the FBI being involved has intimidated the protestors. You know how it is in lawsuits and such things, Ren. Intimidation is just one technique.

"...

redfork

« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2014, 09:19:03 PM »
Is this the same Kong Pheng Vue that sings "txoj kev sib hlub?"

If he is, there should be no communication barrier between Mr. Vue and the warden.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 11, 2014, 03:19:42 AM »
Is this the same Kong Pheng Vue that sings "txoj kev sib hlub?"

If he is, there should be no communication barrier between Mr. Vue and the warden.

No. This victim is not a singer, although his singer is a hot singer.

"...

Advertisements