Advertisement

Author Topic: Finally going back...  (Read 4240 times)

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
  • ...luv me or hate me...
  • Respect: +267
    • View Profile
Finally going back...
« on: November 19, 2013, 09:56:17 AM »
...yep, applying to grad school. O0

Like this post: +1
可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Adverstisement

Json

Re: Finally going back...
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 09:58:39 AM »
I need to too.  Good for you.  O0

Like this post: 0

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 01:32:08 PM »
Thanks Json.  :)

I've been out of school for 8 years now and will be submitting my application in the next month or two.  I need to get going on it and get started on my essay. *sigh*  I have to be honest, I'm nervous about it.  I used to be a good student in high school but in college I slacked off a lot (more so due to crazy home-life and I was more involved with student orgs than going to class).  However, I know grad school may be more my style in regards to discussion and being able to apply the material as I'm already out in the field (that's what this program is designed for--ppl already in the field). 

Though we may have all the time in the world....when you get older you realized you should not hold off on things. Good luck n best wishes to u Json w/ ur journey as well.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

zena

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 01:37:41 PM »
That's great!  What will be your major?

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 06:13:25 PM »
That's great!  What will be your major?
i'm going to the Student Academic Affairs in Higher Education (online) program at UW-La Crosse.  It's designed for professionals already in the profession.  After a few years in the field I realized if i wanted to advance in my career or even be a better person in order to serve my students I need to better myself--for everybody. :)

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

myang994

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 10:43:36 PM »
Thanks Json.  :)

I've been out of school for 8 years now and will be submitting my application in the next month or two.  I need to get going on it and get started on my essay. *sigh*  I have to be honest, I'm nervous about it.  I used to be a good student in high school but in college I slacked off a lot (more so due to crazy home-life and I was more involved with student orgs than going to class).  However, I know grad school may be more my style in regards to discussion and being able to apply the material as I'm already out in the field (that's what this program is designed for--ppl already in the field). 

Though we may have all the time in the world....when you get older you realized you should not hold off on things. Good luck n best wishes to u Json w/ ur journey as well.

It's always a great thing to hear someone thinking of graduate school. I wish you the best of luck. Although, contrary to some things that you have said.. I went through high school and college quick with good grades and all, and am now in graduate school, but I felt that I have missed out on a lot of the "fun" in college (more for the reason that I was too focus on getting into graduate school and thought that college was a joke and that people don't take it serious enough). As you have said, as we get older we may realize that we shouldn't hold off on things for too long. But since I never "took a break", now I don't have the opportunity to do so until I am done with school. Anyways, good luck and hope you get into the program.

Sleipnir

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 03:24:33 PM »
cool cool...  I'm sure things will be just fine.  LAX has a good UW campus and I had friends who went there.

I'm also on the fence about going back to get my Masters in Public Health. 

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 03:47:19 PM »
cool cool...  I'm sure things will be just fine.  LAX has a good UW campus and I had friends who went there.

I'm also on the fence about going back to get my Masters in Public Health.
yes, i'm an alum of UWL as I went here for my undergrad and now work here.

On the fence eh? Well, I was there for quite a while (partially due to other commitments and I wasn't quite sure what I really wanted to do) and though I'm glad that I'm finally going back I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish that I'd gone earlier.  Had I gone straight after my undergrad or even a few years later I'd be done with my program by now.  So if you're seriously thinking about it--do it.  It's a great investment to your future and it'll only open more and new doors for you in your professional career which in turn should make things in life just a little more enjoyable.  I know I've a long road ahead of me and there will be many days where I will question whether I made the right choice but in the end I know that I have to be selfish and work on myself now in order to better myself for what may come in my future. 

Best of luck to you and your journey--whatever it is that you decide on doing Sleipnir. O0

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 03:52:18 PM »
It's always a great thing to hear someone thinking of graduate school. I wish you the best of luck. Although, contrary to some things that you have said.. I went through high school and college quick with good grades and all, and am now in graduate school, but I felt that I have missed out on a lot of the "fun" in college (more for the reason that I was too focus on getting into graduate school and thought that college was a joke and that people don't take it serious enough). As you have said, as we get older we may realize that we shouldn't hold off on things for too long. But since I never "took a break", now I don't have the opportunity to do so until I am done with school. Anyways, good luck and hope you get into the program.
Thank you.

Well, I wasn't a huge social butterfly during my undergrad (actually I'm more socially awkward) however, I was just always heavily involved in way too many things (in addition to the chaos at home).  I had many 'distractions' thus school was semi-first priority to me.  Nevertheless, I did have my fun and made time for it--maybe sometimes more than my studies.  Yeah, I wished I may have been more like you.....but I guess that's why they say "grass is always greener on the other side".  I'd love to have everything done now and with a decent job and time as well as money to travel and do as I please.  Now I either have time but not the money or when I have some money I don't have the time.  Never really works.  Eh.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Advertisements