Advertisement

Author Topic: Pseudo-Single Life  (Read 14786 times)

LadyLionness

Pseudo-Single Life
« on: December 11, 2013, 10:46:47 AM »
Greetings from Anytown, Florida...

It's been a bit of a struggle, but a few friends suggested some things and I think I have finally settled on a strategy. 

I am going to live the pseudo-single life, as if I am single (without the looking for a relationship, mind you), but
definitely the, "I have all this free time, what in the world am I going to do?" kind of a thing. 

« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 02:07:31 PM by LadyLionness »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

LadyLionness

Re: Pseudo-Single Life
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 10:59:31 AM »
So far, I haven't done much or gone anywhere exciting, but I have found a few wonderful restaurants. 

Dave's Boathouse serves raw oysters on Thursday night for $4/doz.  I ate $8 worth and it was MORE than enough.

The next restaurant I really like was Green Papaya.  Oh my goodness, their Papaya Salad was so delicious.  And their soup was to die for.  It's a bit pricey for me b/c I am thrifty.  But I would not mind going there again.

I saw a Chinese - Japanese Buffet a while back and have been wanting to try it.  It was wonderful.  For $14, I can eat all the sushi I want, they even have sashami and the salmon tasted like eating little slabs of butter.  They even have three different kinds of roe as well. 

Next, I think I will explore the beach and this one really old and ancient town.  My co-worker have been suggesting that I go there, but haven't really gotten to it yet.

LadyLionness

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 11:08:16 AM »
I know.  I am sitting here thinking... what the heck?!  People PAY hundreds if not thousands of dollars to come here for vacation and here I sit... not wanting to go anywhere...lol :D

LadyLionness

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 11:10:42 AM »
HS, remember I told you that I am really more of a homebody and not one to travel and explore?  That I am just as happy sitting on my couch as I am in some exotic place? 

Well, I guess it's really true.  lol... but doesn't mean I can't grow, right?  So, yeah... I am going to take a leap of faith and try something totally out of the ordinary for me.

Thinking about it, this is the very first time in my life that I don't have to worry about anyone but myself.  So, I should explore this experience to the fullest (with the condition stated in the original post).

LadyLionness

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 11:11:39 AM »
I could go outside in shorts and tank top if I was inclined.  It's been usually warm the last few days.  The land lady even turned on the air conditioning.

LadyLionness

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 11:38:17 AM »
It used to be really hard, but I am kind of getting the hang of it.  Still feel guilty when I go out to eat though, lol.  Except for the oysters.   :2funny:

LadyLionness

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 10:50:47 AM »
Not yet.  By the time I get out of work, it's dark.

LadyLionness

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 12:56:52 PM »
I am thinking about going back to eat some raw oysters.  Maybe I will just limit myself to 12 pieces and only pay $4.  I moved much closer to this place now, so it might not be such a bad idea.  I am thinking of eating it every week until I have to move again... making this my "little tradition."

LadyLionness

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2013, 01:17:08 PM »
I wanted to be dangerous, but might just end up being boring?  lol. :2funny:

LadyLionness

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2013, 01:55:44 PM »
Working on the mindset, lol. :D

LadyLionness

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2013, 06:31:07 PM »
Are you serious?  Do you have any idea how extremely stubborn I am?  lol... you know a person is stubborn when they can't even reason with themselves...  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

LadyLionness

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2013, 08:34:33 AM »
OK, so I did went down to the old town and it was sooooooooooooo o touristsy, I hated it.  Gave me a huge headache, but I drove down 45 minutes, so thought I would give it a chance.

Here's me getting ready for the outing.

Paid $23 for a trolley tour.  They had 22 stops along the tour and you could stop and take photos, etc.  What I didn't know was that I should have gone super early, park for free, and use the trolley as my travel through the little town.   
Didn't see too many things worth taking pictures of, the the sun was hitting this bridge at such a beautiful angle, I snapped a picture. 

Saved $10 by parking in the restaurant's parking lot, which was waived if you eat there.  There was a two hour wait, so I walked around a little and took some photos.  So many people and all the shops were meaningless... just for tourists and everything was at least $10 more than I have seen at other places.  I did come across a shop that had the most beautiful amber jewelry settings.

On the tour, this was the only thing I saw that was worth taking a photo of, so after dinner, I went back to find this church and took a picture of it.  This is the Memorial Presbyterian church built by business tycoon Henry Flagler.  His daughter died and he wanted to have a brand new church to do a memorial service for her, so this church was built in 363 days.

What drew me down was the Christmas lights.  People kept talking about how the whole entire city is lit up for Christmas.  It's just mostly downtown where there is virtually no place to stop and take a picture.  I was not too impressed.  There is another area closer to me that if I get off work early, I might stop by to take some photos.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 08:53:48 PM by LadyLionness »

LadyLionness

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2013, 08:47:35 AM »
After my outing, I didn't feel any more adventurous... more like I wasted time.  Lolz.  Anyway, I figured at least I did it. 

Now, onto the next adventure. 

After this trip, I realized something, I don't like the popular stuff.  I like things off the un-beaten path, so I will have to find my own little niche and treasures in this city.

LadyLionness

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2013, 02:11:17 PM »
So, after a week or so of "living" the pseudo-single life, here is what I found:

First and foremost, it's extremely awkward and strange.  I feel for those who are truly single and trying to re-acclaim themselves to the world.

Second, I am extremely boring.  I don't get bored, but I am an extremely boring person.  Sad, huh?  I have always thought that I am an exciting and spontaneous person, but nope.  I am a chicken and boring as heck.

Third, I am not giving up.  I am going to give this another shot. 

LadyLionness

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2013, 02:14:16 PM »
First thing on the agenda is to issue a disclaimer.  Yes, I know, it's been at least a week already.  But I figured I will issue one anyway.

Disclaimer:  PH is a playground.  The things posted in this thread may or may not necessarily reflect the truth.  When in doubt, please do ask.

Advertisements