Advertisement

Author Topic: Pseudo-Single Life  (Read 14789 times)

LadyLionness

Re: Pseudo-Single Life
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2013, 07:46:13 AM »
You should.  Lol.   

You love me, so I know you won't steer me wrong.[size=78%]  [/size] :2funny:

I am actually excited about this weekend. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

LadyLionness

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2013, 07:52:18 AM »
Nothing much.  I am planning to look through the farmer's market near here on Saturday and then some more exploring on Sunday, this time, I am going to try and find something from the off-beaten path.  I heard this weekend would be back in the 80s... so it should be nice.

I would like to find some nice place to practice using my camera on.

LadyLionness

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2013, 09:37:00 AM »
The old town is where I was at last weekend.  It has been build into a tourist attraction and I didn't care for it as much.  When the days are longer, I would like to go back down and just explore some of the older buildings, like that inside of that church I took pictures of.

I haven't googled, but maybe I will.

LadyLionness

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2013, 10:38:49 AM »
HS, I took your advice and google.  Might stop by here this weekend to practice using my camera.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60805-d2648889-Reviews-Jacksonville_Arboreteum_Gardens-Jacksonville_Florida.html

LadyLionness

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2013, 11:01:08 AM »
I do too.  A crowded city is not my kind of thing.  But this park is inside of the city itself, so should be interesting.

LadyLionness

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2013, 11:13:39 AM »
Architecturall y beautiful buildings... I love chicago and pittsburg... not sure about other places... Jacksonville so far, doesn't seem to have too many... but I should take a walk down the street to see if there are any.

LadyLionness

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2013, 02:52:14 PM »
There's actually a Korean Karaoke Bar near here... but they have different rooms and each group get their own room.  It's bring your own liquor... but I have no one to go with and I can't sing worth a lick.

LadyLionness

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2013, 02:54:27 PM »
There's a country / line dancing club 2 blocks from my work... and then several latin dancing places around here... but I am waiting for when I am so stressed and then I will go and dance some stress away.  For now, I haven't found the need b/c I go home once a month... plus, I talk to my baby from the moment I walk into the door until the moment she and I both go to bed. 

I know, I am boring.  Hahahaha.  You should come down and show me how it's done.  :2funny:

LadyLionness

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2013, 02:56:29 PM »
Yes, I am flying home Christmas for 5 days and then coming back here.  I will be here new years eve, so I might look for something... should be big enough of a crowd for me to get lost in it and not look awkward. 

As for co-workers, I have decided to keep business and pleasure separated.  I don't mind going with them if it's work related like tonight, we are going bowling... but if it's strictly pleasure and for fun, I would rather do that by myself. 

LadyLionness

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2013, 04:00:47 PM »
No, she is not here... but we are on the phone the whole time... through out the evening.  We have the phone on and then go about doing our own thing and talk to each other as the need arise. 

It has been helping b/c after the first month of me being here, she was going into a deep depression.  Since we have been leaving the phones on every night, she have been doing much better and stable again.

LadyLionness

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2013, 04:04:21 PM »
We could, but it's easier to take the phone around from room to room... b/c I am using cooking dinner or doing laundry... and she is doing homework or taking care of her brother.

Plus, sometimes, we watch K-drama together and we need the computers for that... so it's easier for us to just have the phone on. 

She is a little mama... bossing me around and lecturing me about finding some friends to hang out with so that I don't get lonely.  Lol.

LadyLionness

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2013, 01:13:12 PM »
So, maybe the single life isn't always about go go go and then go again.  Maybe the single life is doing exactly what we want, WHEN we want... and if that means doing nothing then so be it. 

LadyLionness

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2013, 01:15:36 PM »
Stopped by the farmer's market on Saturday and had an adventure that satisfied my non-adventurous soul.  Picked up some really cool and awesome Christmas gifts for the kids and even caught a free show of Belly Dancers.  It was beautiful and an hour flew by in no time at all.  I will have to say that those ladies have stamina... and when I get to their age, I hope I can stay on my feet for half as long. 

LadyLionness

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2013, 01:30:03 PM »
The single life, whether pseudo or real... can be pretty boring and uneventful, not to mention unfulfilled... or maybe I just suck at it.

Anyway, I have been thinking a lot about the big gap between the minds of our Hmong men and Hmong women.  It seems like the gap is just growing bigger and bigger, with neither side willing to budge.  Hmong men want their Hilltop llifestyle back where all they have to worry about is put a roof over the  wife's head and make sure that there's food for her to cook and put on the table.  Hmong women, on the other hand, are discovering that they want more out of marriage than a roof over their head and food on their table - for the most part, they can do that themselves.

When it comes to love, it seems like we are speaking different languages. 

LadyLionness

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2013, 01:33:54 PM »
If I was someone's girlfriend, I would be the worst and most boring girlfriend ever!  >:D

Advertisements