Advertisement

Author Topic: Describe yourself in a character...  (Read 12203 times)

zena

Describe yourself in a character...
« on: December 29, 2013, 03:51:05 PM »
Say, you were to write a fiction (any genre), and you were the protagonist, how would you describe yourself?  What characteristic s would you have?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

proudlao

Re: Describe yourself in a character...
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 04:11:09 PM »
I would have the heart of the Buddha, superman's ability, and the body of Bruce Lee. Mix that with Chow Yun Fat's personality and add myself to the pot and we are set to go  ;D

zena

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 07:17:56 PM »
PL, interesting.  What world would you live in and in what ways would you use your characteristic s?  I just can't imagine someone like that in this modern world.  It would be a boring life for him.

proudlao

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 08:08:32 PM »
In a world that have live in me since I could imagine. Where there will be no kids getting pick on or going hungry. Where there be peace 24/7. Where no children would have to cry for their parents in the middle of the night. Where there will always be someone there to listen and guide them when ever their should need a brother, father, mom, uncles, and aunts.

I would use my flying and speed ability to deliver food within seconds to every living human beings starving on earth. I would teach the simplicity of life with the Buddha's loving way, and the mind of Bruce Lee to overcome any obstacles, and the grace of Chow Yun Fat's personality. And I'll be myself with my love for children to give them every chance to smile.

zena

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 10:56:17 AM »
You're a very loving and caring person, new-name-guy.  You'd be the ultimate superhero hero in your story.  Might I add that you forgot to include the details about the ladies all wanting you but you are just too busy taking care of the people of the world, and the back story to your upbringing...a superhero father himself?

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 01:25:30 AM »
If I were the protagonist... I'd be the foolish guy who gets to be the butt of every joker everyday.  I'd be balding, kind of a expressionless facial feature, and have a lot of social difficulties.  But when people are in trouble, I'd somehow happen to be there to save their ass from danger with my somehow just a little more than human strength, speed, and agility.  It's gonna be like an anime where I'm think I'm just another boring average person, but then I'm really super specially gifted somehow.   However the story goes...it's like God is always playing a trick or joke on me in life.   God would put silly pitfalls in front of me, but somehow I would obliviously miss it, until God has to directly push me into one of those pitfalls.  It is kind of like a mean joke, but somehow I will always emerge from one of those pitfalls and with some silly cartoon expression on my silly face.  Things like this would happen to me over 50 half hour episodes.  LOL

One Punch Man anime...

I didn't know they really turned me into an anime...  O0

« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 03:01:03 AM by VillainousHero »

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

zena

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 10:08:43 AM »
If I were the protagonist... I'd be the foolish guy who gets to be the butt of every joker everyday.  I'd be balding, kind of a expressionless facial feature, and have a lot of social difficulties.  But when people are in trouble, I'd somehow happen to be there to save their ass from danger with my somehow just a little more than human strength, speed, and agility.  It's gonna be like an anime where I'm think I'm just another boring average person, but then I'm really super specially gifted somehow.   However the story goes...it's like God is always playing a trick or joke on me in life.   God would put silly pitfalls in front of me, but somehow I would obliviously miss it, until God has to directly push me into one of those pitfalls.  It is kind of like a mean joke, but somehow I will always emerge from one of those pitfalls and with some silly cartoon expression on my silly face.  Things like this would happen to me over 50 half hour episodes.  LOL

I can totally see a Manga on this.  O0

minorcharacter

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 11:00:59 AM »
I'd rather be the wandering observer that chronicles everything.  Most of the short stories I write never involve me as a main character.

zena

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 12:22:26 PM »
I'd rather be the wandering observer that chronicles everything.  Most of the short stories I write never involve me as a main character.

Same here.  I don't write stories about myself as a character either.  This topic isn't about that. It's just asking that if you can put yourself into a character, what would you make yourself as?  :)

minorcharacter

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 12:26:58 PM »
Same here.  I don't write stories about myself as a character either.  This topic isn't about that. It's just asking that if you can put yourself into a character, what would you make yourself as?  :)
I'm a big fan of the "**** with a heart of gold" trope.  Character personalities like Spike Spiegel and Gintoki Sakata have rubbed off on me.

zena

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2014, 12:30:28 PM »
You mean to say that you don't have a unique character you can create that would contain some of the characteristic s you wish to have?

minorcharacter

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2014, 12:35:13 PM »
You mean to say that you don't have a unique character you can create that would contain some of the characteristic s you wish to have?
I've never really thought about that.  I'm usually too focused on others or the world around me to worry about myself.  Next time I write, I'll write something that is supposed to be about the character I would like to be.

zena

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2014, 12:45:45 PM »
Then, it would your challenge, right?  It doesn't have to be in a story or be lengthy.  Just a short description would give us an idea.

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2014, 10:58:25 PM »
I would be Jet Li in once upon a time (the first one).  I would be good with other skills but clumsy with women.

J-a-s-o-n

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2014, 10:13:19 AM »
I'll be a tragic antagonist.  A series of horrific events lead me to be an antagonist. 

Advertisements