Advertisement

Author Topic: Nutrition matters: Dieting doesn't mean starving yourself  (Read 34740 times)

SamyElisabeth

Re: Nutrition matters: Dieting doesn't mean starving yourself
« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2014, 02:23:28 PM »
My dream is to one day be a stay at home father-vauv 10k-50k in da bank-100k in da debt.

That should be your new screen name.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

minorcharacter

« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2014, 11:04:33 AM »
We have our annual chili competition this year (I didn't enter it this year), so yesterday I only made enough for breakfast.

It's a potato soup with turkey bacon and diced roasted green onions.

Like this post: +1

minorcharacter

« Reply #92 on: September 17, 2014, 11:29:28 AM »
A different interpretation of a turkey taco, it's easy on the wallet as well.

salt and peppered turkey in the nuwave (15 minutes)
shredding the turkey (5 minutes)
diced onions, peppers, cilantro, and tomatoes (10 minutes)
wrapping in cabbage (3 minutes)
Total cooking time: about 33 minutes

minorcharacter

« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2014, 01:03:50 PM »
I've been lazy these days and simply made a turkey kale salad on low carb days.
Chopped up kale: 2 minutes
Slicing grapes and cherry tomatoes in half: 2 minutes
Grill pressing turkey: ~10 minutes

Total prep time is about 14 minutes.

minorcharacter

« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2015, 12:28:10 PM »

I've been really into Korean food and pickling stuff lately.  This is a simple rice bowl I made for lunch today.  There's rice seasoning on it (can be bought at an Asian store), with gojuchang (the red sauce), and pickled shiitake mushrooms.

How I make my gojuchang: mix with sambaal, agave nectar, mirin, rice white vinegar, sesame seeds and sesame oil. 

I buy the mushrooms dried and rehydrate them in water and chicken broth.  Let simmer on medium for a bit, drain, and pour in a mixture of soysauce, mirin, rice white vinegar, sesame oil.  Let simmer for about 15 minutes and then stuff into a jar.  This process shouldn't take more than an hour and I make enough to last a few weeks.

minorcharacter

« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2015, 11:31:06 AM »
Bad lighting, but eh... added some carrots, daikon, and jalapenos, all pickled of course, and an easy over egg.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2015, 05:37:45 PM »
You cook and eat better than some of us people.  I really like everything but kind of hard to make and prep when I have kids who eat something else and day where I don't know if I should cook or not because I don't like to waste foods.  Salad, light sandwich, etc. will only filled me up at the moment but still need my rice and meat. 

I have to blamed myself as a mother and wife if Im not cooking right and making healthy meals for my family.  I find myself yelling at everyone to work out or cut back on certain foods but who is buying the foods....me... .so my fault.....

aHMONGrican guy

« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2015, 06:19:41 PM »
I don't eat this good on a cutting diet. Some of the photos look like something I'll eat for my cheat meals.

minorcharacter

« Reply #98 on: March 10, 2015, 08:55:16 AM »
I don't eat this good on a cutting diet. Some of the photos look like something I'll eat for my cheat meals.

Best of luck, bro.  I've gotten to a point where I stop cutting and don't work out as much.  All I'm doing now is maintaining good eating  habits.  Most of the food I put up here aren't necessarily the cleanest for you, but I do try to keep nutrition and balance in mind.  Some of these things may incorporate fat burning super foods like kale and avocado so people can still eat whole meals yet maintain a balanced diet.

minorcharacter

« Reply #99 on: March 10, 2015, 09:02:36 AM »
You cook and eat better than some of us people.  I really like everything but kind of hard to make and prep when I have kids who eat something else and day where I don't know if I should cook or not because I don't like to waste foods.  Salad, light sandwich, etc. will only filled me up at the moment but still need my rice and meat. 

I have to blamed myself as a mother and wife if Im not cooking right and making healthy meals for my family.  I find myself yelling at everyone to work out or cut back on certain foods but who is buying the foods....me... .so my fault.....
I understand, and I can sympathize with you.  That's how it was like in my household too.  A lot of our parents grew up in refugee camps where most of the time they had problems just getting enough to eat.  Their mindset isn't focused on portion control and healthy dieting and they pass that onto the rest of us.  It was my younger brother who introduced healthy eating to the family and I've caught on.  I admit I was resilient at first as it's really hard to let go of some habits.  However these practices do have to start somewhere and they should to stay if we to pass them onto others after us.

Advertisements