Advertisement

Author Topic: My hypothesis of the Origin of the Hmong  (Read 22620 times)

chidorix0x

Re: My hypothesis of the Origin of the Hmong
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2014, 01:51:42 AM »
http://www.pebhmong.com/forum/index.php/topic,361430.0.html

LMAO!!!  (*yawns*)

***  Couldn't you have cited Wiki instead  ...  kekeke  ...   >:D

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

chidorix0x

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2014, 02:50:06 AM »
No need to. I am taking Chinese this semester. Even ayouduo says hmongshi ( hmoob swv) as well.

LMAO!  (See video link below. Directly from the horse's, aka ayoudou's, mouth.)

Fact 1:  A Chinese course, whether one semester or lifelong, will never ever mention the word/term "hmongshi" (hmoob swv). However, the word/term "MIAO", then yes, absolutely! And if per chance, exploring Chinese ethnic minorities, you may come across the word/term Hmongb/Mongb -- in English of course, NOT Chinese. But if you/anyone is just simply studying Chinese -- the language -- then chances are you will never hear, see, or even come across the term/terms hmongshi (hmoob swv), hmongb, or mong.  But "MIAO", most indefinitely.

Fact 2:  Ayoudou had/has no clue what Hmong (or "hmongshi" is) as evidenced in this video interview, including any/all her video interviews.  Nor once did, and has she ever said the word/term "hmongshi" (hmoob swv), or arguably Hmong/Mong for that matter.  But "MIAO", oh ayoudou, has said, claimed, and mentioned that all the time.  (Ignorance is bliss.  I have an IDEA (pretty sure I know) where you might have gotten your "hmongshi" (hmoob swv) mumbo-jumbo from. You totally misunderstood that, actually THOSE words ... HAHA!  It wasn't "hmongshi" (hmoob swv) ... HAHA!  In fact, it is "Mong and Shuo", or "Mong Shuo".  Do you even know what this/these WORDS mean?)

chidorix0x

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2014, 05:57:51 PM »
As I am taking Chinese class this semester, what my teacher say to me that they call us Hmongshi (Hmoob Swv). If you go to Guizhou (In Hmong: Gweb tsauj), they will say that to you. I rather trust my Chinese teacher instead of this stuff.

*giggles*  Yes, please put your faith, belief, and inherent ethnicity in the hands, words, and inscription of a foreign race, ethnicity, and outsider.

Hint:  Caucasians called (labeled) Native Americans "Indians" (or Red Men), called (labeled) Africans "blacks" (or worst), and called Asians, well, "Asians" (Yellow Men -- yes, and worst); whereas many/all "Asians" inherently have (still do) call themselves per ethnicity; Koreans, Thai, Lao, Vietnamese, Japanese, Mongols, Hmong/Mong etc. etc..

You unknowingly (ignorantly, gullibly) may have misunderstood your Chinese teacher -- to no fault of theirs likely -- regarding the term/label you have nonchalantly embraced.  I would be happy to enlighten you on the language (pronunciation) disparity/continuity, but as you said, "I rather trust my Chinese teacher ..."  ...  so be it  ...  kekeke  ...   >:D  (Did you know the Chinese refer to themselves as "Han Swv"? NONO WAY! )

chidorix0x

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2014, 03:05:10 AM »
Chinese are called Tshoob Nkuav (Zhonggou). Try going to china and u will see that the hmong in China will call u that. If you want the real truth, go there. Truth isn't free, for there is a price to pay. I am not ignorant. I rather not to be called Miao Tzu since I would rather to be called Hmong or Hmoob Swv. I also have a video cassette of Hmong people in China who accept the term of Hmoob Swv, but not Miao. Please, don't call me ignorant one but u r.

Oh!  So now it is " ... Hmong people in China ... accept the term Hmoob Swv ...", and not your Chinese language teacher spoon-feeding you, or giving you that foreign inscription?

Zhonggou, means "China".  It does not directly mean (equate to/infer) "Chinese".  Zhonggou-ren means (infers) "Chinese.  It is like the words America and Americans.  The former is land, and the latter its people.  You are welcome.  *smiles*  (And "tshoob nkuav" is a Hmong word; the Hmong-glization of Chinese words, like how English "Anglicize" Hmong words:  blong=nplooj, sia=xia, chong=coob, etc. etc..)

See/recall this (your statement):  (But keep learning.  It seems you have yet a lot to learn, so don't ponder ignorantly (endlessly) on "Hmoob Swv", despite the answer(s) (truth) being already right before your very "eyes" ... :) .  You just failed to see it  ...  kekeke.
As I am taking Chinese class this semester, what my teacher say to me that they call us Hmongshi (Hmoob Swv). ...

« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 03:12:55 AM by chidorix0x »

todspengo

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2014, 01:16:06 AM »
I think what afterlife meant by Hmong swv is Hmong zu. Minzu is a borrowed Japanese word that translates close to haiv neeg. It's pronounced minv txwm, but the tone changes to txwv when used after an ethnic name as in miaov txwv. Zhongkuo is pronounced tsoov kuam. Tsoov means nruab and kuam means teb. Beijing is pronounced pev ceej, and means North capital, and it means the same thing in Hmong. You might hear it as pem ceeb tsheej. In mandarin, bei is north, dong is east, nan is south, and xi is west. In Hmong, the equivalent is pev, tod, nra, and tiv. Hmong is not like Cantonese, it is more like Wu the language spoken in and around Shanghai. It is commonly accepted in the languistic community that the Wu language is sinicized Hmong

http://www.cscanada.net/index.php/ccc/article/view/623/0.

The word miao only has a bad connotation if you allow it to. If you embrace it, then it won't bother you when someone uses it to put you down. And if it doesn't bother you, then people have no reason to use it because there isn't the satisfaction of seeing you all riled up.

On the mtdna. That's not my study, and I did credit the person I quoted.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 01:30:40 AM by todspengo »

HUNG TU LO

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2014, 07:31:12 PM »
Wu was an original kingdom during the kingdom/states wars before China was unified. They had their own language. The entirety of Hmong was not a part of any particular kingdom - we didn't have the technology, weapons, solidarity, etc.

So how can Wu be sinicized Hmong? There's no way that a rag-tag minority group like Hmong could have such an impact on a Chinese dialect and there are no documented historical links. I'm going to have to disagree with this and say that you're wrong.

Advertisements