Advertisement

Author Topic: Anyone been to a high school reunion  (Read 7215 times)

NorthToWest

Anyone been to a high school reunion
« on: January 23, 2014, 10:23:00 AM »
did you feel weird seeing people you use to date?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Petal_Rose

Re: Anyone been to a high school reunion
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 11:48:09 AM »
I've never been to one. The school that I went to hardly have any hmong people so I only have a few american friends which I don't even keep in touch anymore. I guess, it would be odd if you do run into your ex and seeing how people changed.

y.yang

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 11:33:07 PM »
I went to my reunion: Merced High School. I didn't date anyone in high school, so the latter half of the question doesn't apply to me; however, I really enjoyed the reunion. It was a 10-year reunion, so people looked practically the same. I was part of the reunion team and greeted everyone who attended (~30% of the class came) and recognized everyone I knew, and all the popular kids.

I would recommend that people go if the opportunity arises. I can't wait for my 20-year in a few more years.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 03:10:23 PM »
I went to my reunion: Merced High School. I didn't date anyone in high school, so the latter half of the question doesn't apply to me; however, I really enjoyed the reunion. It was a 10-year reunion, so people looked practically the same. I was part of the reunion team and greeted everyone who attended (~30% of the class came) and recognized everyone I knew, and all the popular kids.

I would recommend that people go if the opportunity arises. I can't wait for my 20-year in a few more years.

You mean Merced High School in Merced CA?  You surprise me as being a author and then mentioning that I'm the first to get your book in paperback when I currently living in Merced CA.  I think your book should arrived today or tomorrow in the mail.  When you promoted your book I'm sure my kids would love to be part of it and remind you that Merced is home.....

minorcharacter

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 03:57:48 PM »
I have one coming up soon.  I'm not exactly excited to go.  I lived in a town filled with over-privileged white people and remembered a lot of them acting high and mighty.  I still keep in touch with the people that I want to stay in touch with.  A part of me is curious to see how some of these guys turned out, but the other part of me says I have better things to do.

zena

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 01:24:17 PM »
My 20th reunion is this August.  Yes.  August 2014.  Scary.

Not going though.  I was the shy nerd.  I see some of my classmates on FB and a few are actually friends but for the most part, it freaks me out of my skin to imagine having to see them in person.

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 09:37:48 PM »
I have never been to one.. people will probably be staring at my bold head..  i used to have hair.  :)

Sifu

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 09:03:53 AM »
Highschool reunion?  When going to HS was nothing but cliques, emo drama and flakey people only to go back to see the cliques, real life emo drama and flakey people? 

MilesDaddy

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 09:23:48 AM »
Highschool reunion?  When going to HS was nothing but cliques, emo drama and flakey people only to go back to see the cliques, real life emo drama and flakey people? 
I just went to my 20 year. It was cool. I got a little tipsy.

supadupac

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2014, 10:19:15 AM »
i think im going to skip out on mine coming up, so no i havnt been to one lol

itdiestoday

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2015, 01:22:42 PM »
Went to my 10 year, two years ago.  Had a ball.  It was great to see old friends and catch up to see how everyone was doing.  Also, to answer your second question, no, it wasn't weird to see the people I used to date because were all adults now with friends, families, careers, etc..

Advertisements