Advertisement

Author Topic: Universal Healthcare  (Read 21617 times)

Evil_K_Man

Re: Universal Healthcare
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2016, 04:31:59 PM »
Tell that to all the Hmong rushing into the PharmD program because starting salary is often in the six figures.

You're the one who said that people should be compensated for their work at whatever price they name.  ::) :idiot2: :2funny:

Uhhh, yeah....um...o kay.

::slowly walks away::

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +247
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2016, 10:03:12 PM »
I'm not sure if you are talking to me, but yes, it does work.

Ironically enough, some of the most vocal people on here against universal healthcare actually have very little or no experience with it.

By no means is universal healthcare perfect, but at least majority of people have access to healthcare services and no one goes bankrupt as a result of an unforeseen medical problem.

It work if you're healthy but you're not going to get the quality care when you really need it if you're on the gov't program. I know of people in Canada that drives to the U.S. to get medical care because they can't get it in Canada soon enough and the quality is not there. I've cousins that lives in Thailand and they public (gov't sponsor) care facilities but it's of the bad quality, only the rich can get the good care.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

bulbasaur

« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2016, 11:52:10 PM »
*yawns*

Let's use your logic....  We should only use a model that works.  Well, France, Singapore, Italy, Spain, Japan, and Norway are among the countries with the best healthcare model.  They all use some form of universal healthcare.  Do you know which model doesn't work?  The American model. 

It work if you're healthy but you're not going to get the quality care when you really need it if you're on the gov't program. I know of people in Canada that drives to the U.S. to get medical care because they can't get it in Canada soon enough and the quality is not there. I've cousins that lives in Thailand and they public (gov't sponsor) care facilities but it's of the bad quality, only the rich can get the good care.

bulbasaur

« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2016, 12:00:24 AM »
One more story about universal healthcare...

I was traveling abroad again for business, and I got terribly sick.  I was throwing up, fever, headaches, everything.  Usually I would just call in sick and wait it out.  But, my coworkers came to check up on me (probably because they didn't want me to be alone and sick in a foreign country).  They dragged me to the hospital.  It was less than $5 to see a doctor, and about 30 cents for the medicine.  I waited less than 5 minutes. 

I was still sick for the week and I lost my voice, but it is nice to be covered.  And best of all, everyone gets what they want.  Doctors get paid.  Medical companies get paid.  People get healthcare. 

Evil_K_Man

« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2016, 02:59:18 PM »
Did you see the article where Rafael Edward Cruz forgot to sign up for ACA and then proceeded to blame the program for it even though the insurer notified him FIVE months in advance.

Gosh these Republicans are clowns to the fullest.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2016, 08:55:42 PM »
One more story about universal healthcare...

I was traveling abroad again for business, and I got terribly sick.  I was throwing up, fever, headaches, everything.  Usually I would just call in sick and wait it out.  But, my coworkers came to check up on me (probably because they didn't want me to be alone and sick in a foreign country).  They dragged me to the hospital.  It was less than $5 to see a doctor, and about 30 cents for the medicine.  I waited less than 5 minutes. 

I was still sick for the week and I lost my voice, but it is nice to be covered.  And best of all, everyone gets what they want.  Doctors get paid.  Medical companies get paid.  People get healthcare.

$5 oversea... ahahahahaha... . Try that here with Obamacare. You'll pay more than that in deductible before your insurance kicks in.

Did you see the article where Rafael Edward Cruz forgot to sign up for ACA and then proceeded to blame the program for it even though the insurer notified him FIVE months in advance.

Gosh these Republicans are clowns to the fullest.

Actually, the clowns are those that voted for this behemoth without knowing what's in it. Obamacare is losing money big time... big tax and deficit increases in the future.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 09:00:34 PM by Hung_Low »

bulbasaur

« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2016, 11:05:20 PM »
So I went in the clinic last week, and to my surprise, they raised the price.  $6 instead of $5. 

People who complain about "Obamacare" and universal healthcare often have ulterior motives, and those motives are often political.  Most sane people (because there are some insane people) would agree that people should have access to affordable healthcare. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2016, 12:16:05 PM »
Some of my more conservative cousins and friends and associates often argue why I support universal healthcare when "Obamacare" is flawed.  Well....

1.  I support universal healthcare, not necessarily Obamacare.  I simply believe that people should have access to affordable healthcare. 

2.  Obamacare isn't perfect, but it is at least a step in the direction of giving affordable healthcare.  Keeping the current system is not the way to go. 

3.  After experiencing universal healthcare (because I am covered in some countries), I wouldn't go back to the American system.  In this thread, I have only been telling stories about myself, but I have experienced some horrific stories involving others.  Maybe I'll post them later...

The truth is that this whole anti-universal healthcare movement is political.  Many Republicans actually supported it or pushed it years ago.  They only oppose it now because they are playing political games.  For example, we call it Obamacare instead of the Affordable Healthcare Act. 

« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 12:19:37 PM by bulbasaur »

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2016, 05:40:58 PM »
So I went in the clinic last week, and to my surprise, they raised the price.  $6 instead of $5. 

People who complain about "Obamacare" and universal healthcare often have ulterior motives, and those motives are often political.  Most sane people (because there are some insane people) would agree that people should have access to affordable healthcare.

Hey, I was sick last week and went to the doctor and it cost me $0... imagine that.
Seriously? You got free healthcare and it just cost you $6 for a doctor visit with treatment? You got to be kidding me...

bulbasaur

« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2016, 05:43:06 PM »
I know.  Damn those Dems and Liberals and.....OBAMA!    :2funny:

Hey, I was sick last week and went to the doctor and it cost me $0... imagine that.
Seriously? You got free healthcare and it just cost you $6 for a doctor visit with treatment? You got to be kidding me...

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2016, 10:45:13 AM »
Medical training needs to extend to Vietnam. I met a girl from FB who's from there and she got just a fever and they admitted her into the hospital for two weeks just to put saline on her.

The government absorbed about 99% of the cost. But is the stay necessary for the condition?

There are problems with "Obamacare," but universal healthcare is a good thing. 

I was out with some friends and cousins, and the topic came up.  Surprisingly, they were all against universal healthcare.  Strangely enough, a good number of them worked in the medical field.  At first, I thought maybe they disagreed on it because of principle, smaller government.  However, as the discussion continued, it became apparent that they were simply misinformed.  I originally avoided the debate since I was the only dissenting view.  There was no need to engage in a debate with people I haven't seen in a long time.  Also, I was the more informed and the better debater, so it wouldn't even be fair.  But then, like good medical professionals, they noticed my broken finger...

They noticed my broken finger, but they didn't know that I broke it while I was abroad.  They were all guessing how much it cost me.  $500 to $5000.  It became a game.  When I told them it cost me less than $20,, they were shocked.  They then proceeded to try to find something wrong with the system, such as wait time, appointments, etc.  However, when I told them that I simply walked in, no appointment, 10 minute wait, got treated, got medication, a rehab schedule with a personal trainer, and follow-ups with the doctor, it really blew their minds.  All of their pre-conceptions about universal healthcare was wrong. 

Granted, if I needed surgery, I might have needed to wait and pay more.  I am not sure about the wait, but I am pretty sure the cost would have been cheaper. 

Virtually every country with universal healthcare laughs at the American system.  Although it is true that some of the best hospitals, doctors, medical techniques, etc. are in America, it doesn't mean much when people do not have access to it. 

People should be mindful of facts vs. pre-conceptions.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

bulbasaur

« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2016, 06:31:14 PM »
You gotta ask the doctors.  The end result was just something minor, so the medical care seems over the top.  However, there have been cases where the opposite occurred: doctors thought it was something minor, but it was really something serious.  I don't know much about Vietnamese doctors, so I can't really say on their level of expertise.  That being said....

From my experience, places with universal healthcare seem "less stingy" using their resources.   

Medical training needs to extend to Vietnam. I met a girl from FB who's from there and she got just a fever and they admitted her into the hospital for two weeks just to put saline on her.

The government absorbed about 99% of the cost. But is the stay necessary for the condition?

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2016, 08:58:37 PM »
 O0

You gotta ask the doctors.  The end result was just something minor, so the medical care seems over the top.  However, there have been cases where the opposite occurred: doctors thought it was something minor, but it was really something serious.  I don't know much about Vietnamese doctors, so I can't really say on their level of expertise.  That being said....

From my experience, places with universal healthcare seem "less stingy" using their resources.   

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

bulbasaur

« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2016, 11:36:09 PM »
So I saw a video clip of a college student on Fox News, and she just got destroyed on this issue.  Fox News twisted the argument, and she got caught.  Oh well.  Hopefully she learned her lesson. 

Advertisements