Advertisement

Author Topic: Chemistry and explosions  (Read 4566 times)

prima_donna

Chemistry and explosions
« on: March 06, 2014, 08:03:40 AM »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

prima_donna

Re: Chemistry and explosions
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 05:36:32 AM »
Keep in mind that hydrogen is lighter than air. Stars are also made of hydrogen gas.

prima_donna

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 05:53:38 AM »
Liquid oxygen and a burning coal-- A contrast of hot and cold and the natural reactions of chemistry. Pure oxygen doesnt burn by itself but supports the combution reaction. 

« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 06:00:49 AM by prima_donna »

Wi_sweetguy

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 06:26:45 PM »
Studied chemistry and it is amazing to see how reaction works.  What I find even more amazing is how we can manipulate the chemical properties just by taking away the bonds and ions.

What intrigues me is how we can use magnets to repel each other and this technology was use in the super train rails in some countries.  The repel keeps the object spinning and forces free movement forward reducing electricity. 

Also with the fuel technology, the reason behind the slow process to build fuel efficiency cars is the car and oil companies who dictates the flow and the cost.  We have the tech to do it, but unfortunately we corruption and greed million-billionaires.

prima_donna

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 11:04:32 PM »
Lately Ive taken an interest in cosmology.
Chemistry itself is fascinating.

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2016, 01:01:06 AM »
Studied chemistry and it is amazing to see how reaction works.  What I find even more amazing is how we can manipulate the chemical properties just by taking away the bonds and ions.

What intrigues me is how we can use magnets to repel each other and this technology was use in the super train rails in some countries.  The repel keeps the object spinning and forces free movement forward reducing electricity. 

Also with the fuel technology, the reason behind the slow process to build fuel efficiency cars is the car and oil companies who dictates the flow and the cost.  We have the tech to do it, but unfortunately we corruption and greed million-billionaires.

Regards to magnets, it's too bad that no one can ever produce a mono-pole magnet piece. It would rid the world of pollution and can produce clean energy.

Back on topic,

Failed chemistry because of not knowing or understand what a mole is. If it weren't for that, I be majoring in chemistry. So anyone has any idea what makes Hydrogen? It's the most abundant element in the universe.

Advertisements