Advertisement

Author Topic: Body Sculpting  (Read 116729 times)

Wi_sweetguy

Re: Body Sculpting
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2014, 04:18:57 AM »
Hang Jordan's picture by the mirror and imagine that could be you.  I used Arnold, Frank, Kai, and others when I'm doing my workouts.  It's funny because I tell my friends that all the time and they don't have a clue what I'm talking about.  Sometimes I'm so caught up that I see myself as Arnold doing the rows and the Arnold biceps. ;D

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2014, 06:14:18 AM »
LOL...I remember how big my abs were.  It sort of was more like He-Man action figure.  Maybe all I need is to find an old He-Man and just stand him.  Arnold and Lue Ferringo were  my inspiration.  Bruce Lee as another of mine.  I only wish I bothered to take pictures from back then.  It's hard to see wonder how my legs used to fill the entire pants leg to now seeing those very same pants legs seem loosely baggy on me.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Json

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2014, 07:13:33 AM »
I think I look better now than in the past only because I gained muscle mass. 

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2014, 07:18:53 AM »
I think I look better now than in the past only because I gained muscle mass. 

That's a good thing for you.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2014, 07:21:08 AM »
Hmmm...my fatty layer on my belly has gotten thicker...I'm gonna have to step up my exercise.

NorthToWest

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2014, 08:25:10 AM »
Whatever motivation you need find it, guys! We live once do what we can to live it our best! Nothing will stop you from your goals but yourself!

Wi_sweetguy

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2014, 05:15:36 PM »
My motto is do what makes you feel better and don't listen to the naysayer.  do what makes you comfortable and don't do it for  someone else because when that person is gone then you will fall off the horse.  Be water like Bruce.   ;)

minorcharacter

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2014, 04:36:14 PM »
Lifters, I have a question for you.  Normally when I go lift I just pump iron and whatever while trying to keep form.  I've recently been lifting slowly, holding, and then slowly bringing back weights in order to feel the burn.  I've noticed that my energy drains a lot faster when I do that.  Does that have any extra benefits at all?  Perhaps it's not recommended?  Anyways my goal is to build strength and lose a few.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2014, 05:46:59 PM »
Lifters, I have a question for you.  Normally when I go lift I just pump iron and whatever while trying to keep form.  I've recently been lifting slowly, holding, and then slowly bringing back weights in order to feel the burn.  I've noticed that my energy drains a lot faster when I do that.  Does that have any extra benefits at all?  Perhaps it's not recommended?  Anyways my goal is to build strength and lose a few.

It's the slow burn that will give your muscle the most workout.  There are basically two types of muscles.  The slow strong muscle and the fast twitch quick muscles.  The slow strong muscles will have a lot of endurance and more strength.  The fast twitch quick muscles are good for speed but most often are only good for short quick bursts and then tires out.  The true benefit is essentially to work out both ways.  The slow strong muscle will be able to handle heavier weights.  The fast twitch muscles are ideal for lighter weights.  Essentially there will always be crosses in the routine.  For example shoulder press, a quick pump (eccentric motions)...then the slow flex (concentric motion).  When stopping in between there somewhere and holding the weights during a flex...they call those isometric exercises.  Can also do good for you.

Anyway the idea behind the slow burn is to drop weights so that you can do more reps in that motion to build up your stamina and form.  The intention is to recruit more muscle tissue overall into the motion.

minorcharacter

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2014, 06:38:35 PM »
Thanks VH, I'm quite a newb when it comes to the technicalities of lifting.  What exactly do you mean when you say dropping weights?  I take it you don't literally mean I drop the weights, do you?

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2014, 07:09:18 PM »
What I mean is when your muscles begin to get tired out, use lighter weights.  So you figure out that out by going from like 45 lbs to 40 lbs and so forth  and dropping the weight down by 5 lbs increments or so until you find a weight that allows you to do like 8-12 reps of hot burning muscles in a set.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2014, 01:46:06 PM »
Ah so I've been working on new job quite hard and feeling slightly under the weather since as well.  Overall energy level is down and healthy eating habits are basically out the door again.  I've made so little progress to none whatsoever.  It's gonna be a little tougher than I had expected.  Mostly due to age.  I think I will need some supplements... I think most joint supplements is what I will need.  Old age and aching joints...not such a good combo.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2014, 01:10:09 AM »
I'm noticing that I'm having more slack in my shirts and having less trouble taking them off now.  I'm shrinking.  I've been eating much more healthy the past month and I seem to be getting smaller all around.  So I maybe it's a good thing.  I'm beginning to see some veins on my arms again.  Not any major veins popping out, but just seeing some bluish veins means I notice them once again.  I've been sort of under the weather since it's this week has been a chill spell.  So I feel a little weaker, and old man joints tend to feel more ache in colder weather as well.  So maybe tomorrow if the weather warms up, I'm gonna start a little run for a bit around danger Phalen.  Maybe walk most of the way if I have to.  Ah well time to give it a shot.

Wi_sweetguy

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2014, 07:58:21 PM »
When you eat healthy, you're bound to lose weight until you reach your normal body weight.  Good luck shopping for more clothes if your old ones are too big.  I still have the 200 dollar suit I never wore because I went from 34 to 32.  What a big size difference.  Be ready to save money for your next trip for some slim clothing.  O0

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2014, 11:00:35 PM »
I have also been eating smaller meals.  I think my calorie intake for the day is down to about 3000.  I feel like I can eat more but haven't.

I'm right back at between that M and L size again.  When L fits shoulders, it's too fat on body.  When M fits body, I can't move my arms unless I plan on ripping the seams off the shoulder.  I need to stabilize my body size.  I'd rather get back to the L size, since shoulder structure is pretty much set.  I can always get L size shirts tailored to a slim fit.

Advertisements