Advertisement

Author Topic: Body Sculpting  (Read 117438 times)

minorcharacter

Re: Body Sculpting
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2014, 08:42:55 AM »
Great suggestion on mixing slow lifts with quick lifts.  I've been doing reps of 3x5 where the first set is quick lifts and the rest are slow lifts.  My arms definitely feel the burn after the workout but I'm not sore the next day anymore.  Is this a sign that I need to add more weights?

PS, how do I get rid of my A cups?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2014, 09:38:34 AM »
Great suggestion on mixing slow lifts with quick lifts.  I've been doing reps of 3x5 where the first set is quick lifts and the rest are slow lifts.  My arms definitely feel the burn after the workout but I'm not sore the next day anymore.  Is this a sign that I need to add more weights?

PS, how do I get rid of my A cups?

The amount of weight depends on your strength...if you're getting stronger then try increasing weights.  Personally I like to change my grip position before increasing weight, it helps to round out the muscles more.

A cups...well depends if they're sagging.  I will say do butterfly motion or whatever it was called.  Also try using the cable cross machine.  Use the military press machine but lighter weights and focus on your pects. 

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2014, 09:41:01 AM »
LOL  I used to be a backyard nutritionist.  O0

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Wi_sweetguy

« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2014, 12:33:12 PM »
Anyone of you guys want to go run at Phalen?  ;)

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2014, 01:46:27 PM »
Anyone of you guys want to go run at Phalen?  ;)

I'm too sore now...LOL.  I have trouble just walking to car in parking lot.  :(

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2014, 10:34:55 PM »
LOL drink the strawberry flavored slimfast shakes...they're delicious, after you get over the funny medicinal like taste.

Eventually I will start my day with a little physical training before going to work.  That's the plan.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2014, 11:03:23 PM »
I can't do those shakes.

I only did them for a while back when it seems price wise they were still affordable.  For like 50-75 cents a bottle.  When they went to over $1 I stopped since they were more like nutritional supplement and they weren't really a meal replacement for me.  A bowl of cereal is basically the same thing.

Now if someone would just make nutri-ice cream.  LOL...I love honey bunches of oats topping on ice cream...well frozen yogurt.  Gosh, I could sure use a few kiwi and peaches sliced and topped on frozen yogurt right now...darn!

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2014, 11:26:17 PM »
LOL I guess I only have enough ice cream left for like three bites...how sad...they only leave me the last scraps because they don't want to clean the empty container.

Wi_sweetguy

« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2014, 11:33:08 PM »
LOL drink the strawberry flavored slimfast shakes...they're delicious, after you get over the funny medicinal like taste.

Eventually I will start my day with a little physical training before going to work.  That's the plan.

When I used to work at the nursing home, I had plenty of those slimfast shakes. Pretty nutritious!  ;)

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2014, 11:13:44 PM »
Since I've cut a lot of carbs out of my normal diet...I've been constantly feeling hungry.  I just seem to want to eat something, munch on something...I think I may or may not tone down anymore.  I might switch back to bulking or tone up as it may seems my body is beginning to respond a little on the muscle building.

Wi_sweetguy

« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2014, 11:20:14 PM »
hehe..yeah it's hard at first to adjust cutting back on carbs.  It will take time until your body get use to it.  My body rejects more than three plates.  My body wants to puke.   ;D ;D  I can only eat a little now and feel full.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2014, 11:25:58 PM »
hehe..yeah it's hard at first to adjust cutting back on carbs.  It will take time until your body get use to it.  My body rejects more than three plates.  My body wants to puke.   ;D ;D  I can only eat a little now and feel full.

LOL...you're very lean now.  I'm think I might be able to get back lean, but I may just need to do the drink lots of water to keep the belly from yelping at me.

Wi_sweetguy

« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2014, 11:29:21 PM »
LOL...you're very lean now.  I'm think I might be able to get back lean, but I may just need to do the drink lots of water to keep the belly from yelping at me.

yeah, when the time is right then you're going to get there bro.  I added you to hmong fitness on FB.  See if you're added yet.  You and luvlylisa are added. Great for motivation. ;) ;)

Like this post: +1

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2014, 10:11:20 PM »
So anyway, I'm noticing my legs are getting smaller and leaner, well less bukly.  However my shoulders and lats are beginning to respond a little...it's still just at the initial stimulated stage.  They'll lean and tone down a bit and then I can start working them out to condition them.

I'm also beginning to see my veins surfacing from underneath my skin.  It's been so long since I've had those monster veins on my shoulders and neck, I didn't think I would ever see those things again. 

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2014, 09:36:24 AM »
That is great progress! Any pix to share? U know us.. ladies are very visual.  ;D

Maybe later...I'm wearing jeans for Friday jeans wear day.  LOL.

I can fit into jean pants...well they're one sized larger and baggy fit, but it's the same pair of jeans from like 12 years ago where my legs basically filled it tight.  Now it's actually loose and baggy.

Advertisements