Advertisement

Author Topic: The Art of Writing...  (Read 13854 times)

ButterflyKisses

The Art of Writing...
« on: March 19, 2014, 04:49:09 PM »
In the last few weeks, I realized that with the age of e-mails and text messages, I have lost much of my writing skills.  In the last many years, I have learned how to write short to the point e-mails and messages.  I no longer include salutations or introductions. 

At my old work places, that works fine, but my new work place is old military structure and everything is very formal here.  So, I am going to practice learning how to write again.  Some of these will be real letters that I will send to people.  Others will be fictional letters just for the sake of practice.

If anyone wants to practice their own writing skills, please feel free to practice. 

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

minorcharacter

Re: The Art of Writing...
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 04:57:00 PM »
I've been trained to keep my professional emails short and simple. Unfortunately that has generalized into my social life as well.

Like this post: 0

ButterflyKisses

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 05:15:30 PM »

March 19, 20014

Dear Twinflame,

As I put pen to paper (in this case, finger tips to the keyboard), it is my hope that life has been treating you well.  As I look back, I realized that I have come so far.  Gone is the lonely woman who counts the seconds ticking by that she is separated from you.  Gone is the sad woman whose heart awaits every sense of  you.  You came at a moment in my life when I needed love more than the very air that I breathe.  You came into my life on a whirlwind.  You came into my heart with such a force that I was powerless to stop you.  And for that, you will always have a special place in my memories.  There is a part of me that will always love that part of you (the part that does not exist). 

Your love, at that moment in time, gave me the courage do that that which I have never dared to do in my life before.  You made me realize that love was worth having and worth fighting for.  I could not have you.  Mostly because you weren't real, but also because your heart was not yours to give.  As I look back and re-read our letters and re-read the words you said about me in the last moments of our dying love, I often wonder if you even knew what love was, if you had even felt love in your life ever.  I feel sad that of all the love that came your way, you neither had the heart nor the capacity to see or understand those love.  I have no doubt that you have been loved by many.  For I was such an unfortunate one.  What I do doubt is if you had it in you to know when those love was real.  I wonder if you walk around all this time - cold and lonely - unable the see and feel the love that surrounds you.

I have come to accept the fact that while my love for you was real, you neither loved me nor did you have the capacity to love anyone - least of all, yourself.  Oh, you knew all the right words.  You called me all the right endearments.  You made me feel all the feelings.  But you didn't feel anything.  They were nothing but empty words.  Words you have somehow mastered along the way.  There is a part of me that still feel that you are my twinflame, and that between twinflames, there is a total acceptance of the other's flaws - flaws that we would not tolerate in any other living souls.  I love you with a love that is beyond comprehension and beyond all reasons.  And I may very well always love you.  But I have a sneaking feeling that by the time you and I know for sure if we were twinflames or not, it will no longer matter.  For where we are going, there is only ONE person that matters, and that is neither you nor I.

And so this letter may sound like a reprimand, but it is really a thank-you letter.  Yes, I suck at writing.  I know.  I am working on it.  Some day, I will end this journal with a more fitting letter.  For now, it's a good start.

Always & Forever,

ButterflyKisse s

« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 11:39:38 PM by ButterflyKisses »

ButterflyKisses

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 05:22:16 PM »
March 19, 2014

Jounal Section
PebHmong, USA

Dearest Minorcharacter,

My name is ButterflyKisse s.  I am in the process of learning to write more eloquently and it is my hope that you would also join me on this journey.  I find that because we live 8 solid hours as professionals, learning to write and speak words that are concise and straight to the point, we no longer have the patience nor the capacity to adequately communicate in a social setting.  And this also includes our home life as you stated above. 

With practice, will come perfection.  It is my hope that by the end of this journey, I will be just as comfortable writing long greetings and salutations as I am writing short and concise e-mails and letters. 

Always & forever,

ButterflyKisse s

zena

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 02:48:22 PM »
Love reading your letters.

I think people don't write anymore because there's too much going on, and with the advancement of technology, no one probably has time to read them.  :(

But, I'm glad you are making the effort.  We all should.

ButterflyKisses

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 09:21:41 PM »
Moonangel, thank you. I hope that you will write with me.  :)

minorcharacter

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 11:41:42 AM »
Dear ButterflyKisse s,

I am minorcharacter .  In the process of rediscovering myself I have found that a well articulate man starts off with saying very little, but, saying what little things he has to say very well.  This, as I had mentioned previously, has indirectly transferred to my ability to write socially.

I am unable to join you as I have my own journey to prepare.  Perhaps we can keep each other warm with the few letters we share together.  It will be my greatest pleasure to see you through to the end.  After all, our end point may be the same but it is your journey that will define who you are.

Respectfully yours,
minorcharacter

ButterflyKisses

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 07:48:53 PM »
Dear Minorcharacter,

It's my deepest regret that you will not be joining me in this journey but I am happy to know that you have your own journey that you must follow and fulfilled. I will not hold you back nor will I be upset. I will support you and look forward to exchanging words with you in the near future.

Sincerely,

ButterflyKisse s

« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 08:17:46 AM by ButterflyKisses »

ButterflyKisses

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 08:06:23 PM »
3/25/2014

Dear Heart,

Today, I am being reminded of you. Your words came back stabbing my heart as if it never left. I guess that's what happened when you give your heart completely to someone who do not know the value of it. They said that even a smart woman or man can make stupid mistakes. Well, they are certainly right because I've made many mistake but the biggest mistake of all is by falling for you. I considered myself being defeated by this act alone. However, what pulls me through the rubble was the determination to see you failed at love yourself. I must admit that there were moments when my heart was vulnerable and this has caused me confusion but had it not been your unfaithful love, I would have never woken up from this dream that has paralyzed me for so long. Love has brought many sleepless nights and tears to me. It has overpowered my emotions to think straight at time when I needed to be at my best game. I've been crippled by this love that I thought was real but in reality, it's only a fake. You will never have the ability to touch my heart ever again.

Always & Forever,

ButterflyKisse s

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2014, 08:28:57 PM »
The internet actually helps me write faster and better. But my handwriting suffers though. I rely too much on the keyboard instead of on my penmanship.  Yet that's not what you are referring to.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

ButterflyKisses

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 08:16:08 AM »
Dear Reporter,

I have also discovered that forums such as this one has helped to improve my typing skills as well.  However, most people prefers to read short and simple posts, so it doesn't help us in learning how to interact in the beautiful dance of life.  Like the Kung Fu of yonder days, when there is art and elegance woven in, we have been taught to end it all with one or two punches as taught by Bruce Lee.  Our lives have become like that, in all of our communications, including the written words. 

Every journey begins with the first tiny little steps.  It is my hope that with this first step, it will infiltrate all areas of my life. 

Thank you for the coffee that I was too scared to follow through on.  Your warm gesture was never forgotten.

Always & Forever,

ButterflyKisse s

« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 09:02:29 AM by ButterflyKisses »

ButterflyKisses

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 11:07:36 PM »
Dear Fate,

I come before you in pure innocence with no prejudice. I am here to plead to you to grant me the one thing that I so desire with all my heart and soul. And that is to grant me the ability to read into a man's heart. So, when I do meet one, I will know what he wants and what he's thinking. I do not want to waste foolish hours with someone who is just going to take me for granted. Bless me and open my eyes to see what fate has in stored for me.

Thank you, fate.

Sincerely,

ButterflyKisse s

Wi_sweetguy

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2014, 11:23:45 PM »
3/25/2014

Dear Heart,

Today, I am being reminded of you. Your words came back stabbing my heart as if it never left. I guess that's what happened when you give your heart completely to someone who do not know the value of it. They said that even a smart woman or man can make stupid mistakes. Well, they are certainly right because I've made many mistake but the biggest mistake of all is by falling for you. I considered myself being defeated by this act alone. However, what pulls me through the rubble was the determination to see you failed at love yourself. I must admit that there were moments when my heart was vulnerable and this has caused me confusion but had it not been your unfaithful love, I would have never woken up from this dream that has paralyzed me for so long. Love has brought many sleepless nights and tears to me. It has overpowered my emotions to think straight at time when I needed to be at my best game. I've been crippled by this love that I thought was real but in reality, it's only a fake. You will never have the ability to touch my heart ever again.

Always & Forever,

ButterflyKisse s

A broken heart can be heal with the right potion.  Do not give up on love and motivation because it is the drive that keep us humans living.  People who do not know the value of love besides sex doesn't truly know what love is.  Loving is harder than just providing food on the table, but being there emotionally and understanding each other is what counts the most.  A good s/o will not act irrationally and will put their family ahead of them. 

ButterflyKisses

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2014, 12:53:45 PM »
Dear Wi_sweetguy,

I hope that today, as you open your eyes, everything in your world is alright.  Your words of encouragement makes me hope that there is more out there than this mundane life.  Your words sound so sweet, but experience has taught me well.  Hmong men have learned how to speak the language of a woman’s heart, but the actually doing is all for naught.  There are times when I wish that I can reach out and grab your hand, but I know that I will grasp nothing but empty air.  And although your words are sweet to my ears, my heart weeps for I know that you really aren’t there.

If your words are true, then forgive this weary heart which as been beaten black and blue.

Always and Forever,

ButterflyKisse s

minorcharacter

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2014, 01:04:36 PM »
Dear ButterflyKisse s,

My hopes that you are well.  As I write to you, I have fallen ill, and I do not know when I will be back on my feet.  It is upsetting that I cannot enjoy the weather outside, today of all days.  I am among the few, or many, that indulge in the early mists that Spring provides.  If you are out there then please think of me as you enjoy this fine day.  Cold nights and warm mornings are natures gift for those that have endured the harsh winter.  The dew that sits atop the freshly revealed grass paint a portrait of a beautiful twilight.  I wish you could see it as I can.

Sincerely,
minorcharacter

Advertisements