Advertisement

Author Topic: Gaming Revival  (Read 18662 times)

bulbasaur

Re: Gaming Revival
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2014, 07:22:32 PM »
Finished Final Fantasy 9.  Saved the world...again. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

bulbasaur

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2015, 10:49:28 PM »
Finished Persona 4.  Saved the world...again. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2015, 10:07:08 PM »
Finished Fire Emblem: Awakening.  Saved Ylisse...for the first time. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2015, 08:36:13 AM »
Finished Pokemon Omega Ruby.  Poke-League Champion...aga in.  Saved the world...again. 

Sifu

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2015, 09:25:59 AM »
I bought the complete Civilization 3-4-5 (with all expansion packs) for less than $20 and damn I suck at this game.  Fun as hell though.

bulbasaur

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2015, 09:45:13 AM »
I've never played a Civilization game, but I always imagined it to be like Risk.  I could be completely wrong. 

I bought the complete Civilization 3-4-5 (with all expansion packs) for less than $20 and damn I suck at this game.  Fun as hell though.

Sifu

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2015, 10:20:07 AM »
It's more complex than Risk.  It's sorta' like Risk, Monopoly, Life, Connect 4, Battleship, etc all rolled into one.  I just like extremely long turn based games because I don't always have the time to zerg rush a base in real time.  Unlike the other Civs this one actually teaches you how to play.  I've probably clocked in over 20 hours this weekend.  Great game with different modes (historically accurate, downloadable mods, multiplayer, expansion packs galore, etc).  A crap load of micromanaging economy, trade, religion, arts, culture, military, etc.  I'm waiting to get a little better so a buddy and I can loot and plunder Asian style.

bulbasaur

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2015, 06:29:33 PM »
In the middle of Bravely Default... 

It's a polished version of many JRPG's.  If you've never played a JRPG, then Bravely Default can pretty much sum it up.  The story line and game play are taken from so many other games.  Yet, it is refreshing to see all these aspects in one game.  Bravely Default answers questions like, "Wouldn't Final Fantasy be so cool  if it had the Dragon Quest game play?" 

Sifu

« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2015, 08:50:27 AM »
CIV 5.  The Chinese and Mongols are OP.  I like how there are more ways to skin a cat than total domination.  Pretty fun but I've been playing Shadows of Mordor on the PS4.

bulbasaur

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2015, 02:41:52 PM »
Finished Bravely Default.  Saved the world again...actual ly, worlds this time. 

*Spoilers*

With all games I play, I play them without guides.  However, after I beat the game, I do look up the game up to see if I missed anything important.  As it turns out, I totally missed out on an important part of the narrative.  The game talks to the player at certain points in the game.  I thought it was weird, but I didn't think much of it.  In the final boss battle, the boss made a few allusions that the real world and the game world were linked, and he was going to take over the real world from the game world.  At one point in the battle, the 3DS camera turns on and actually shows you in the game world and what he is talking about.  Unfortunately for me, I was playing the game in the dark.  I didn't even notice.  I think it would have been a really cool reveal to see me in the game.  Also, it would have made Tiz dying more emotional.  I'll have to go back and battle the final boss again, but since I already know what happens, it won't be as exciting. 

Hmm, what should I play next? 

minorcharacter

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2015, 02:56:14 PM »
Did you get the secret ending for Bravely Default?

bulbasaur

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2015, 03:10:24 PM »
Secret ending?  I am not sure. 

*Spoilers*

I think I got the true ending.  I broke one of the crystals in Chapter 6.  Then, I replayed it again to finish 7, 8, and Bravely Default.  Fought Ouroboros.  Tiz died.  And there was seemingly a trailer for Bravely Second, where I was in some healing chamber.  I suppose that could have been Tiz in the healing chamber and I was seeing it from his point of view.  Is there another ending I missed?

Did you get the secret ending for Bravely Default?

« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 04:26:45 PM by bulbasaur »

minorcharacter

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2015, 03:46:03 PM »
Yeap, that's it.  Bravely Second should be out shortly.  O0

bulbasaur

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2015, 10:21:46 PM »
Tried to start Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, but I am just not feeling it.  It is a good looking game though. 

minorcharacter

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2015, 03:10:59 PM »
Tried to start Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, but I am just not feeling it.  It is a good looking game though.
It might be best if you don't get into it.  The story line is pretty much neglected since all the grinding you're going to be doing.  This is one of those games where you also NEED to grind to get better gear otherwise you have little to no chance of killing the higher ranked monsters.  However it can get extremely fun.  Start out with a hammer; it'll teach you the valuable lessons of dodging, holding a charged weapon, and a monster's weak spots.  Next move on to great swords where timing is essential.

I've lost so many hours I will never get back.

Advertisements