Advertisement

Author Topic: Gaming Revival  (Read 18652 times)

bulbasaur

Re: Gaming Revival
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2015, 12:27:12 PM »
Decided on Final Fantasy 10.  I am also going to do Devil Survivor 2 on the side.  This will be the first time I will try to play two games at the same time. 

Maybe I will do a Wii or 360 game next. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

bulbasaur

« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2015, 09:00:17 PM »
I wish FF10 let me control the camera.  Also, the cut scenes are nice, but so far, there have been more cut scenes than game play. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2015, 08:18:10 PM »
I am not digging the sphere grid in FFX.  It is essentially another menu.  Why do I have to go into another menu to "activate levels?"  It's almost a linear path.  There is no reason to skip an ability.  This isn't quite a jobs system.  Maybe I am not far enough in the game yet. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2015, 08:49:36 PM »
Also playing Devil Survivor 2....

It's a fun game.  I enjoy the series.  However, WTH didn't Atlus use the nicer bigger screen for the game play?  I have to squint my eyes to use the smaller cheaper screen.  The top screen is barely being used.  The entire point of having an XL is to have the bigger screen and nicer graphics.  It doesn't make sense. 

Sifu

« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2015, 10:14:53 AM »
I beat Last of Us and got Dynasty Warriors 8 XL because I felt like destroying an entire continent of people.  Then I got bored and fired up another Fallout 3 game in hopes that it wont crash.  So far so good.

bulbasaur

« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2015, 07:43:29 AM »
OMG, I finally did Jecht's shot.  I got so frustrated that I even looked it up to see if it was even possible.  Everyone said to use the analog stick.  I gave up on that and used the D-pad.  I should have trusted my reflexes and the precision of the D-pad to begin with. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2015, 09:10:29 AM »
Finished Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2...saved the world again, kinda. 

I don't think I got the true ending this time though. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2015, 09:11:41 AM »
A recap of the games I finished since starting my gaming revival...

1.  Street Fighter HD Remix
2.  Chrono Trigger
3.  Breath of Fire 1
4.  Breath of Fire 2
5.  Earthbound
6.  Final Fantasy 4
7.  Final Fantasy 6
8.  Tales of Phantasia
9.  Dragon Quest 6
10. Dragon Quest 4
11.  Shin Megami Tensei 4
12. Pokemon Pearl
13.  Tales of the Abyss
14. Final Fantasy 7
15. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked
16. Pokemon Y
17.  Final Fantasy 9
18. Persona 4 Golden
19.  Fire Emblem: Awakening
20.  Pokemon Omega Ruby
21. Bravely Default
22. Ni No Kuni
23. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2

Hmmm, what's next?

« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 02:33:44 PM by bulbasaur »

Sifu

« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2015, 12:15:19 PM »
Disgaea series...

bulbasaur

« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2015, 08:42:02 AM »
I haven't started my next game yet.  I've been a bit busy.  I was going to DL Disgaea and Persona 3 from the Playstation Store, but I was too slow to get them on sale.  They were about $7, but now they are $20.  I think I want to wait for them to go on sale again.  I could get the PS2 version for my PS3, but I think I would prefer them on my Vita. 

I got Persona Q on the shelf, but I think I want to to play Persona 3 first. 

N`Chync

« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2015, 12:57:10 PM »
As a kid, I loved gaming.  Unfortunately, the funding for my hobby was limited.  So, as a kid, I promised to get all those games when I became older.  Years go by, and gaming fell out of my routine.  Other things took priority.  The last system I had was a SNES (actually had a PS2, but that doesn't really count). 

One day, I was walking through the mall and saw the new systems and new games. I was actually looking for a blu-ray player, so I got a PS3.  Remembering my childhood promise, I also got some games.  I eventually got other systems with other games.  I even built a gaming rig.  You would think that this is cool.  However, now that I could afford to fund my hobby, I no longer had the time for it.  A big gaming library of unopened games.  At least it is impressive to look at.  Life is funny like that. 

Anyways, after years of not gaming, I decided to attempt to do a gaming revival.  I am by no means a gaming expert, but I decided to start from the beginning, starting from the retro and hopefully ending up with the newest releases.  I don't know how long it is going to take, but we'll see.  Here is a list of the games I finished in the last year....

1.  Street Fighter HD Remix
2.  Chrono Trigger
3.  Breath of Fire 1
4.  Breath of Fire 2
5.  Earthbound
6.  Final Fantasy 4
7.  Final Fantasy 6
8.  Tales of Phantasia
9.  Dragon Quest 6
10. Dragon Quest 4
11.  Shin Megami Tensei
12. Pokemon Pearl
13.  Tales of the Abyss

I'm not counting mobile games or games that I didn't finish.  I'm not counting party games that were only played a few times with friends.
I'm not into video games like when I was younger. Over the years picked up new hobbies. The last systems I bought was the PS3 and Wii. Except for my old time favorites like Street Fighter, NBA Live at the time, NBA 2K etc I don't really play much anymore. I tried when i got those systems, like a kid with a new toy had to play. But when youre out and about all the time and come back to a Zelda game or Assasin's Creed after a few weeks you forget the mission you're on and what you've accomplished already lol. The FPS games annoyed me with how many games kept coming out. Nowadays I just casually play when the chance arises but want to get back into the Street Fighter scene since my skills are lagging and my friends always like having a video game fight night and the last one I sucked lol. And of course with Street Fighter 5 coming I need to get back into it. It'll probably be like how I was when SF4 came out. Not into it at first but once you get a feel for the game gotta keep up lol.

bulbasaur

« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2015, 11:18:24 AM »
For me, I like fighting games, but I am not into them as I once was.  Fighting games are unlike other games because part of the fun is the competition.  Simpy beating the game is not as fun as competing against real people.  These days, I don't want to dedicate the time to them anymore.  I am not even good at the old fighting games that I used to be good at.  I know what I need to do, but my execution no longer exists.   

That being said, I still buy the games and goof around on them, and maybe go through the story a  bit.  It is all nostalgia and nothing more. 

I'm not into video games like when I was younger. Over the years picked up new hobbies. The last systems I bought was the PS3 and Wii. Except for my old time favorites like Street Fighter, NBA Live at the time, NBA 2K etc I don't really play much anymore. I tried when i got those systems, like a kid with a new toy had to play. But when youre out and about all the time and come back to a Zelda game or Assasin's Creed after a few weeks you forget the mission you're on and what you've accomplished already lol. The FPS games annoyed me with how many games kept coming out. Nowadays I just casually play when the chance arises but want to get back into the Street Fighter scene since my skills are lagging and my friends always like having a video game fight night and the last one I sucked lol. And of course with Street Fighter 5 coming I need to get back into it. It'll probably be like how I was when SF4 came out. Not into it at first but once you get a feel for the game gotta keep up lol.

N`Chync

« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2015, 12:47:28 PM »
Yea that's how I am in Street Fighter. I just play off what I use to do. I don't sit and play games anymore to practice.

bulbasaur

« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2015, 09:24:30 AM »
I was going to do some Disgaea, but I missed it when it was on sale.  I am going to wait on that again.  Instead, I am going to do some Persona 3.  That way, I can play Persona Q whenever.  I suppose I could play Persona Q without playing Persona 3, but I think some background would make the game more interesting.

Sifu

« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2015, 12:19:45 PM »
I missed the sale too.  Been too busy playing Civ V BNW.  Nobunaga is out today, got good reviews.

Advertisements