Advertisement

Author Topic: The PS2 Experience  (Read 1292 times)

bulbasaur

The PS2 Experience
« on: March 19, 2014, 10:04:31 PM »
I technically owned a PS2, but I actually only played it once....

The year was 2000, 14 years ago.  Life was different then.  Owning a cell phone was only for the affluent.  Napster was a household name.  Beyonce and JT still had backup singers.  This new technology called "DVD" created the best image ever.  You could rewind and fast-forward in an instant!  Gas prices were a staggering $1.50! 

A Muslim friend and I drive up to a Wal-Mart.  I only mention that he is Muslim because we can no longer walk around without getting stares.  Thank you 9-11.  On the bright side, I get a big laugh when he starts shouting, "LALALALALA.  Down with the infidels!" at people staring at him.  Anyways, as we are walking into the store, some kids excitedly walk up and ask, "You two are here for the PS2 launch right?  There are only 13 systems, you guys are lucky to be #13."  I was actually there for toilet paper.  But hey, why not?  Opportunity knocks.  So I waited 14 hours and got a PS2. 

I didn't know it when I bought it, but there was a shortage of PS2's in America.  Some prices went up to $1000, if not not more.  I eventually sold my PS2 for $800 on ebay. 

Even though I didn't really use my PS2, it did give me some fond memories.   

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

bruisedknee

Re: The PS2 Experience
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 02:26:38 PM »
i still have mine, sitting in a closet somewhere

i find the lure of ps2 emulators and their darn save-on-the-fly feature just too hard to resist

minorcharacter

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 03:45:23 PM »
Can the PS2 emulator run PS2 games as well as the PS2 now?  Last I checked that was a no.  Anyhow I actually didn't pick up my PS2 until Metal Gear Solid 3 came out.  I actually only bought two games for that system.  MGS3 and Kingdom Hearts 2.

I still play a lot of rpg games with my PS1 emulator but to be honest I've sort of forgotten about the PS2 years.

Json

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 04:00:38 PM »
I got a PS2.  Memory card exploit, swap magic 3.0, and a 200 gig HD.  Runs excellent off the HD and no laser wear.  I got a bunch of games and most are HD compatible.  Ohh yeah I got action replay for cheats too.   

bruisedknee

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 04:38:10 PM »
Can the PS2 emulator run PS2 games as well as the PS2 now?  Last I checked that was a no.  Anyhow I actually didn't pick up my PS2 until Metal Gear Solid 3 came out.  I actually only bought two games for that system.  MGS3 and Kingdom Hearts 2.

I still play a lot of rpg games with my PS1 emulator but to be honest I've sort of forgotten about the PS2 years.

PCSX2

it runs most games ok, there's a compatibility list available on the web...there is frame rate slowdown on some games, but i think the ability to save anywhere makes up for that

Advertisements