Advertisement

Author Topic: What is a major that you can't go wrong with?  (Read 14165 times)

Missterious

What is a major that you can't go wrong with?
« on: March 25, 2014, 05:49:33 PM »
What is a major that you can't go wrong with?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

bulbasaur

Re: What is a major that you can't go wrong with?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 10:07:29 PM »
One that you enjoy.  Life is too short to do anything else. 

Missterious

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 08:20:10 AM »
What if you don't know what you wanna be and you don't really have a passion for anything in particular? What major could you not go wrong with?

minorcharacter

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 08:27:31 AM »
There is no such thing.  When you ask for a major that you can't go wrong; with I think of two things.  One, it'll land you a job afterwards.  Or two, it'll heighten your world.

The closest thing to number one I'd say is probably computer science.  However I know people who ducked up this as well.  They didn't do any internships or anything and now all they day is live in their parent's basement to play video games and avoid the sunlight.  After three years of this a good computer science degree has been wasted.

Number two, go history major.  You'll learn about the world around you and have an opinion on what's going on in the world.

What really matters in the end is your ability to get out there and connect.

WordGirl

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 09:04:47 AM »
Healthcare!  O0

Sleipnir

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 11:08:52 AM »
Engineering and Healthcare

vl

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 12:14:03 PM »
Engineering.  You can do so many things with an engineering degree, from management all the way to designing and technical aspects of a project.

Missterious

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 02:38:11 AM »
Engineering is a male dominant career. How is it for the ladies?

vl

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 03:27:37 PM »

Ladies have it easier.  Managers love the ladies with a brain because they get to hire some eye candy and get their jobs done at the same time.  I've noticed something between women and men engineers though, the men visualize their designs, models, etc. in their mind and can put it on paper (they tend to be more the mechanical engineers).  Engineers that are women tend to be more on the controlling side where the monitor procedures, certifications and compliance with the laws (more of a quality engineer). 

minorcharacter

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2014, 04:05:00 PM »
You're right.  Perhaps you should stick to cosmetology and attend beauty school instead?

Missterious

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2014, 01:38:18 AM »
Ladies have it easier.  Managers love the ladies with a brain because they get to hire some eye candy and get their jobs done at the same time.  I've noticed something between women and men engineers though, the men visualize their designs, models, etc. in their mind and can put it on paper (they tend to be more the mechanical engineers).  Engineers that are women tend to be more on the controlling side where the monitor procedures, certifications and compliance with the laws (more of a quality engineer). 

Hmm.. I can see myself doing that part of the ladies job. I guess engineering never really peaked me because it seemed more of a man's type of job, generally. Kind of like how we relate men to cars.

Accounting or Business Administration .
That's my major right now but somehow I don't have any hopes for it.  :-\

You're right.  Perhaps you should stick to cosmetology and attend beauty school instead?

Lol No I'm not into makeup and beauty stuff as a career.

SleeplessBeauty

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2014, 02:21:46 PM »
Medical field. There is always a high demand for nurses and doctors.

minorcharacter

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2014, 02:25:07 PM »
My sister graduated with a double in business admin. and marketing.  She works HR now.  Those two fields are extremely bloated at the moment, and the chances of you landing a career in the field may be slim.  My suggestion is to invest some time into social media as that's where the industry seems to be going.  Again, it's about how well you network when you're in college that will determine where you go.

TheNewGuy

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2014, 01:14:39 AM »
You don't need a degree to make a decent living.  Society emphasize getting a degree is the way to go when in reality it really isn't.  Some people do need to go to school because they don't know what to do with their life at the age of 20 and school is the best way for them.  I'll tell you the truth though, it's not what you know but who you know.

Missterious

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2014, 07:18:27 PM »
I do also agree it is networking and who you know that can get you far. My sister worked at her school while she was schooling and so she had the connections from there to refer her places. She had this mexican boss guy (that likes asian girls hahaha) that refers her to good jobs AND makes sure she gets her current pay or higher. Now she's director and making 65K which is pretty comfortable for an average person.

Advertisements