Advertisement

Author Topic: What is a major that you can't go wrong with?  (Read 4023 times)

Offline anonymouse

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +223
    • View Profile
Re: What is a major that you can't go wrong with?
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2014, 09:00:13 PM »
Engineering. Registered Nurse.

Hope they work at the school you go to. :)

I'd say. if you consider nursing as your major. make sure you do research. The nursing program at my school is very hard to get into.
Most students have to wait 2+ years to get in. Most are majoring in another thing while they wait. But you know what that means?
While they are taking those classes, they make it impacted. thus the overflow and leading to other majors taking in more students. making the entire school impacted.

It went like this
Nursing -> Health science -> Consumer Science -> Biology -> Kinesiology -> social work
or
Nursing -> Health science -> Business

so many majors become impacted because of it. :/

Like this post: 0
Try to change the things you cannot accept.

Adverstisement

Offline Darksyde

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +181
    • View Profile
Re: What is a major that you can't go wrong with?
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2015, 12:17:06 PM »
Darksyde, good story and advice.

Well what if you don't know what you like? What if you're just a blah person with no passion or interest of any specific kind? Then what do you do?

Sorry for the late response. But to answer your question: I don't think there really is such a thing as a 'blah person". Though there are many who sell themselves short. And then there are those who do not know or understand how to listen to good advice. I think if you are going to be successful in life; you need to be open to other opinions/options including those from people you dislike. You have a passion somewhere inside of you so therefore you have an interest of some kind. It is a strong possibility you may have never experienced it before so it seems to yourself that you may not have one. A good way to find out what that may be, if the test I was referring to will not produce the answer you are looking for, is to simply step out of your comfort zone and try different things. Volunteer work. Sky diving. Snow boarding. Join the military. Doing new things not only sparks new ideas and interests, it also opens gateways to meeting new people who may do that for you. Tucked away inside everybody is a passion of some kind. It's up to the individual to find out what that is and decide how to use it to make themselves successful. The most successful people I know are people who do it for what they love and what they're good at; not for the glamour and fortune.

Like this post: 0

Advertisements