Advertisement

Author Topic: Life is Beautiful - An iPhotodiary  (Read 6742 times)

Bokehlicious

Life is Beautiful - An iPhotodiary
« on: March 28, 2014, 03:11:22 PM »

Love is everywhere!  You just have to open your heart to see it.  (In this case, an electric cord shaped as a half heart reflected in the glossy washer)

« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 10:32:37 PM by Willow »

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

minorcharacter

Re: Life is Beautiful as Seen through the Lens of an iPhone
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 03:24:59 PM »
My condolences for your lost.  My brother is in the military and every time he gets sent offshore I stay up all night reminiscing about our childhood and hoping that he returns.  Siblings can be some of the closest people in life, and my younger brother is probably the only person in the world that understands me and my twisted personality.  I wouldn't know what to do if I received "that" call one day.  Just thinking about it encumbers my heart.

Bokehlicious

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 05:05:02 PM »
^
|
|
|

Yes, cherish every moment you have with your family for you will never know.  In the blink of an eye, your life will can be changed forever.

Like this post: 0

aboo

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 05:09:37 PM »
Willow - no goodbyes are ever easy.  I'm truly sorry for the loss of your brother.

On another note - the title of your journal reminded me of when I first got my iphone.  My son told me that he wanted to become a photographer because he took some really cool pictures of the highway while I was driving :2funny:

Bokehlicious

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 05:37:21 PM »

This morning's drink, Lipton Black Tea. 

I read somewhere that drinking a cup of warm water (lemon or tea) first thing in the morning before eating will curb your appetite and help with digestion.  So, I've been drinking a cupful every morning for a while now and I noticed that I definitely don't feel as hungry. 

@boo - Thank you!  He was my little brother.  It was because of him that I learned and became an expert at diaper and bottle duties.  I still miss him every single day.  Though I know he's in a better place. 

You should get your son a toy camera that can actually take pictures.  It'll be amazing to see how he sees the world through the lens.

Bokehlicious

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 08:15:53 PM »

I've been under the weather lately and haven't had much appetite.  I wanted something light and tasty so I made a Hmong tomato soup with green onions and cilantro.  Nothing fuels the body better after recovery from the bug than home cooked meals. 

Sweet_Tears, thank you for your words of encouragement!  He's with my dad now so he's in a better place. 

Bokehlicious

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 04:21:02 PM »

The youls, a cup of lemon water with a few drops of honey and a sprig of mint for a smoother taste and to ease the raw pipes! 

This has been on repeat ever since I heard it the other day...nursing my cold under a feet of blankets.  It brought back a wave of childhood memories (mostly the goods) as when we were so carefree and blithe.  Then, our free spirit willed us to dream big and to become anyone or anything we want to.  We had such courage, energy, and determination.  Now, whether those dreams materialized or not, know that if the hope still burns eternal, we're the keeper of the flame

Beautiful presentation (The foods). Love the pictures as well. Hope you feel better.

Thank you!  I eat simply because I am my father's daughter; genetically blessed with a waxy, fat-like substance that will clog the arteries if not carefully monitored.  And I am feeling better.  Thanks for the asking!

Do you live in a spaceship?

Yes, I do!

« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 04:37:06 PM by Willow »

Bokehlicious

Re: iPhotodiary
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 05:08:15 PM »
you changed the spaceship theme.

Well, as I noticed that my photos were not of anything beautiful about life, except for the love cord, more so of my white cup and bowls.  I don't think many find them beautiful. 

Bokehlicious

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 09:15:34 PM »
Can I have a sip of your tea? Looks very refreshing. I love the color contrast in your photo. Especially the green mint leaves. :)

Help yourself.  There's more brewing in the tea pot.   :P

Lemony yellow, mint green, and white are my favorite colors. 

Shinta-san

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2014, 09:57:47 PM »

Love is everywhere!  You just have to open your heart to see it.  (In this case, an electric cord shaped as a half heart reflected in the glossy washer)

A kind hearted person I am
For I too, can be a man
Only if I can understand
I am unaware
So please bear
For I do care

Reading your theme
I am sorry, for it seem
A member you have lost
Memories do not get toss
Like this green moss
Or this tiny moth
For life is soft

It's always better to ask
A stranger for help
Then to keep it for yourself

Every thing revolves
And involves
And above all
There's nothing better then
A family's love

Family members
Gathers in December
A meal everyone makes
But for some
Time it will take

When ever you feel lonely
Look deep within
In your memories
For a lost love
No need to search
Look up in the stars above
And you can still find him
Remember,
That light will never go dim

Cherish the past
Hold on to the rest
For they are the best
Above all else
You have to let him rest

I'm not good with poems
Or rhymes
I am just a stranger
Passing by
I hope this will help lift
Some part off your side

« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 10:08:15 PM by Shinta-san »

Bokehlicious

Re: iPhotodiary - Life is Beautiful
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2014, 10:31:48 PM »
HuntedHeart - your mom is a smart woman, except had I been 18, I would believe in her saying.  Hehehe

Shinta-San - thank you for the beautiful poem.  I regret I cannot return the favor as I am a lost soul in the world of poetry. 

---

Amen!

« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 10:35:41 PM by Willow »

Shinta-san

Re: Life is Beautiful - An iPhotodiary
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2014, 10:20:59 AM »
I'm just glad that you enjoyed the poem.
And was able to up lift a bit of your sarrow off your shoulder. Lolz.
only for a little right?.
I hope everythings doing fine at your end.
Have a good day.

Bokehlicious

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2014, 08:55:11 PM »
Shinta-san, yes, I am well.  Hope the same for you as well.

---

It had been raining from Saturday night  and into late Sunday afternoon.  As soon as I woke, I called her to wish her a Happy Mother's Day.  I told her that I didn't have anything to send her.  She replied,

Nyias nyob nyias ib lub ntuj ces hu los xwb los zoo kawg lawm.    

Ntshe ntiaj teb no yus yuav pauj tsis tau yus niam txoj kev hlub kev ua niam zoo. 

Bokehlicious

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2014, 10:31:13 PM »

It's a small world after all...

Some years ago, I left abruptly to return home due to a family emergency.  I had met a nice man before my leave.  We went on a couple of dates, no more than three...just dinners and movies.  We weren't sexual, not even kissing or hand holding.  After I left, I pulled a houdini on him due to the length of my leave so I just stopped answering/returning his calls/texts. 

Today, I was met by the very same man in the lobby of my building.  Of all places, in a city that is populated with almost 1M people!  He came behind me, called my name.  I turned around and was greeted with a genuine smile.  First thing that came out of my mouth was, "I'm sorry for disappearing on you." 

"Yeah, I was worried about you.  I hope everything is good with you."

I was both embarrassed and ashamed...and like a fool tried to redeem myself to only make no sense.

To placate the awkwardness, he asked, "Do you want to stay in touch or are you comfortable for now?"

I replied, "I'm with someone now."

He nodded and smiled before we said our goodbyes.

Now, the question is do I tell the s/o that I ran into someone I thrice dated (many moons prior to meeting him) and who lives in the same building?  Hmmm

Just for the record, although Mr. Who-still-wants-to-stay-in-touch is a nice man, I'm not attracted to him in a romantic way. 

Bokehlicious

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2014, 01:50:59 PM »

The dream from last night was both unusual and surprising in a way that is unsettling or hard to understand. 

In the dream, I was visiting family and relatives.  Then I was transported into a vast green field filled with children running around picking wild flowers.  It was picturesque.  In my mind, I wish I had a camera to capture the peace and serenity that I was witnessing.  Out of nowhere, a stranger offered me his small video recorder.  I thought to myself, "I don't want a dinky little recorder.  I want a camera because I want to freeze the moment in time."

Just then, right behind me, I saw the sky lit up in fire.  Far ahead of me was a narrow valley tucked between hills and mountains with steep rocky walls and a stream running through it.  Moments later, something swooshed over me and before I could turn on the recorder, it landed in the far distance gorge.  It was a fire Phoenix.  It looked tired and its wings drooped with no life to them.  I knew it was nearing its death.  Then my dream went blank and blackness shrouds the image from my mind. 

I woke to see the above through my window from my bed.  I reached over to my right for my iPhone charging on the nightstand and quickly took a picture before it only becomes just another dream. 

Can you see the fire Phoenix? 

They say the Phoenix dies to only live again.  We can attribute the same to dreams and aspirations.  It's never too late to dream again the dreams we dreamed. 

« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 02:01:53 PM by Willow »

Advertisements