Advertisement

Author Topic: Mn min. wage rises to $8.00/hr. in Aug.'14, then $9.50/hr. in 2016.  (Read 2650 times)

Offline minorcharacter

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +594
    • View Profile
Re: Mn min. wage rises to $8.00/hr. in Aug.'14, then $9.50/hr. in 2016.
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2014, 02:43:06 PM »
Not every business can afford to raise the minimum wage. Raising it would bankrupt them and then everybody will be out of a job. The solution is to create more family-supporting jobs or make it easier for people to become their own boss without big risks. After all, it doesn't help the economy either if a small business closes and the owner is in debt for the money s/he borrowed to start the business.
Ditto.  Big corporations can afford the wage hike however small businesses not so much.  The Minneapolis-St. Paul area alone is number one in the nation for a small business per capita.  I don't know what changes this will bring but my guess is that a lot of small businesses won't be able to afford to operate and may even outsource to foreign countries.  We'll simply be knocking some people off welfare and replacing them with a different class of people.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +433
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2014, 03:13:31 PM »
I have this naive belief that more people would go into business for themselves if they knew how to navigate all the red tape and weren't so afraid of the possible lawsuits and fines waiting to happen.

Offline Gen. Invincible

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2014, 11:44:57 AM »
I have this naive belief that more people would go into business for themselves if they knew how to navigate all the red tape and weren't so afraid of the possible lawsuits and fines waiting to happen.

Its called a sole proprietorship ..:)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +433
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2014, 12:30:42 AM »
Its called a sole proprietorship ..:)

Give us a break down of it. What are the rewards? What are the pitfalls?

Advertisements