Advertisement

Author Topic: friekin Microcenter!  (Read 1600 times)

bruisedknee

friekin Microcenter!
« on: April 15, 2014, 10:53:37 AM »
so the PSU advertised on their site is a Corsair HX750...for $79.99, a real steal!

so i ordered it online...but upon pickup, i glanced at the receipt and noticed it said "TX", not "HX"...i pointed this out to the sales guy and he explained that it had been mislabeled online...hence the much cheaper price...wth!?

grudgingly, i accepted the TX model for purchase

today, i decided to peek my order history for the heck of it...i scrolled down to my PSU, and now, it showed up as refurbished... wth part 2!?

called em, yelled at em, the store manager is supposed to call me back with an explanation... hasn't happened yet, and i doubt it will

decided to open up the package finally to see what i actually got...

guess what? it's an HX refurbished, with a 30 day warranty, not a TX...wth part 3!?

i will keep it, and i will use it, but i will never shop micro center again

*it didn't help that sucky azz Fedex did not deliver my SSD and fan/heatsink yesterday, as they were supposed to...that just made my mood even worse

anyone else had a bad experience with micro center?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Why So Serious

Re: friekin Microcenter!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 11:05:59 AM »
there's a law about mis-advertising somewhere out there... they have to note "model shown is not model on sale" or something like that or else they'll have to uphold it...

minorcharacter

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 11:39:49 AM »
Nah, I only use Microcenter for their mobo/cpu deal and that's never refurbished anyhow.  Anything else I'll stick to Amazon, newegg, or tigerdirect.  Unless I need something right away and in that case I'll always be in the store anyhow.

Offline Risingstars

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 11:54:52 AM »
Have you tried newegg.com? It's a good experience for me, I order some stuff from there and it got to me pretty fast plus they gave me the correct product too.

"Noj zaub yuav rau roj, ua neeg nyob yuav tsum ua siab loj"

Why So Serious

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 02:13:50 PM »
Have you tried newegg.com? It's a good experience for me, I order some stuff from there and it got to me pretty fast plus they gave me the correct product too.

their RMAs suck though...

bruisedknee

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 09:12:00 AM »
there's a law about mis-advertising somewhere out there... they have to note "model shown is not model on sale" or something like that or else they'll have to uphold it...

i did a little research into that, but according to what i found, they don't have to honor the sale even if it's their fault UNTIL money changes hands...i had the choice to refuse to buy the TX, i just didn't take it

bruisedknee

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 09:13:07 AM »

amazon, newegg, few other sites, they were all honest bout their products

micro center, not so much, at least with my PSU

supadupac

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 09:29:47 AM »
Nah, I only use Microcenter for their mobo/cpu deal and that's never refurbished anyhow.  Anything else I'll stick to Amazon, newegg, or tigerdirect.  Unless I need something right away and in that case I'll always be in the store anyhow.

agreed, Microcenter has a good price/combo with CPUs and MOBOs

so the PSU advertised on their site is a Corsair HX750...for $79.99, a real steal!

so i ordered it online...but upon pickup, i glanced at the receipt and noticed it said "TX", not "HX"...i pointed this out to the sales guy and he explained that it had been mislabeled online...hence the much cheaper price...wth!?

grudgingly, i accepted the TX model for purchase

today, i decided to peek my order history for the heck of it...i scrolled down to my PSU, and now, it showed up as refurbished... wth part 2!?

called em, yelled at em, the store manager is supposed to call me back with an explanation... hasn't happened yet, and i doubt it will

decided to open up the package finally to see what i actually got...

guess what? it's an HX refurbished, with a 30 day warranty, not a TX...wth part 3!?

i will keep it, and i will use it, but i will never shop micro center again

*it didn't help that sucky azz Fedex did not deliver my SSD and fan/heatsink yesterday, as they were supposed to...that just made my mood even worse

anyone else had a bad experience with micro center?

not really, ive bought things from them but never ordered..
ive returned things openned and they usually have a pretty good feeling about returning things

bruisedknee

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 02:14:59 PM »
it's not about the money, it's about the fact that they misrepresented that particular product

when i buy something that's new, i expect it to be new, not refurbished

*nowhere in the product description was the word refurbished found, unless they were sneaky and put it in realllllllllll lly small print in some obscure location

zena

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 06:26:15 PM »
Don't get mad at the Fedex guy.  He was only doing his job.

Advertisements