Advertisement

Author Topic: Vietnam War: Fallen Heroes FEAT The Hmong  (Read 6375 times)

Offline Risingstars

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
Vietnam War: Fallen Heroes FEAT The Hmong
« on: April 17, 2014, 09:54:35 PM »
Not sure if this is the forum to post this but here it is. I'm currently developing a game that will feature the Hmong's side of the story for the Vietnam War. So basically your in the action and fighting your way out of the war. Your mission is to reach a goal point in the game and get achievement medals. This will be available to PS3, Xbox360 and PC. I'm not selling it until it actually looks and feels like the real thing. Something new I wanted to do for a hobby. Throw me up some suggestions on what scenes should I do. I will have certain villages set so that when the radio to move on to the next goal, it can read the names of the cities for example: Long Cheng, Vinai or Phukai...etc all those. And the Hmong names can be pronounce correctly too like: Lieutenant Neng Chue Yang or like Colonel Zaj Pheej Xiong.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 09:58:18 PM by Risingstars »

Like this post: 0
"Noj zaub yuav rau roj, ua neeg nyob yuav tsum ua siab loj"

Adverstisement

HmongSandal

Re: Vietnam War: Fallen Heroes FEAT The Hmong
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 04:57:13 PM »
This is insanely cool! I never thought another Hmong brother would like doing something Im doing at the moment as my career! Excited, after seeing some of your art works. I've worked alot with game developers, such as the infamous game "Skyrim" and also a medieval sandbox game "Mount and Blade Warband, Mount and Blade" series. I would like to partner up with you, this is a very interesting project that you are developing. I can make sceneries, config graphics, touch up on how items look ect. Feel free to contact me asap! As I have nothing to do, I am making a contribution for the game company Im working for. Im currently working on armor designs, and character designs. It would be a pleasure if I could work with you also. Im not going to take any money, Im just going to work for free. I would like to make a game for our generations to play, and have a better understanding about Hmong.

Sifu

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 12:09:18 PM »
Needs Hmong knife...
I've never used the CryEngine kit.  Can you import different trees, foliage, rocks, etc? 

Offline Risingstars

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 12:56:24 PM »
This is insanely cool! I never thought another Hmong brother would like doing something Im doing at the moment as my career! Excited, after seeing some of your art works. I've worked alot with game developers, such as the infamous game "Skyrim" and also a medieval sandbox game "Mount and Blade Warband, Mount and Blade" series. I would like to partner up with you, this is a very interesting project that you are developing. I can make sceneries, config graphics, touch up on how items look ect. Feel free to contact me asap! As I have nothing to do, I am making a contribution for the game company Im working for. Im currently working on armor designs, and character designs. It would be a pleasure if I could work with you also. Im not going to take any money, Im just going to work for free. I would like to make a game for our generations to play, and have a better understanding about Hmong.

I'm kind of working on a story line first before actually generating animations and doing a gameplay. I'll script a sample script and see if you think it needs any modification or anything added in there.

Offline Risingstars

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 01:00:03 PM »
Needs Hmong knife...
I've never used the CryEngine kit.  Can you import different trees, foliage, rocks, etc?

You most definitely can. You can use programs like Maya, AutoDesk 3ds Max, Adobe Bender and all those types of programs. But let me tell you something. "It is very very time consuming," so patience is the key to a successful video game development. In CryEngine you can use the default trees in there or you can create your own. Its really up to you the developer to decide what you really want.

Sifu

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 02:39:11 PM »
Well you could always use a tree modifier program (or make a randomized)  I understand that this is just the build but the scenery should match the location.  Just like in any animation scene you've got to trick the viewers into believing the atmosphere while trying to keep your polycount low.  The problem with using stock models is like Adobe PS filters; most people will recognize it.  Its all about the details and how you fake it.  What I do like about dev kits is that you don't have to render everything out but prepping and planning requires so much more work.

I'd like to see if it can interpolate high poly models to low poly.  I haven't touched a dev engine since Unreal and that was boolean operations versus surface.  I couldn't stand the modeling but it made sense at the time. 

Offline Risingstars

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 09:09:38 PM »
I agree 100%. Its very time consuming when it comes to making the perfect details and tricking the viewers. A lot of tutorials and maybe even classes are an optional. But like i said early in the post, I need to finish the script first before developing. I can't do it alone, that is why  have elders help me.

Offline floaty

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 08:34:43 AM »
can you have woman characters too? can you also have an option on leading a family out of the jungle with kids, safetly or killing them off with opium..if ur leading a family or group and kids cry, you're basically sitting ducks. i mean that is what happened and once they reached the mekong river, they were shot at or drowned. but before all this, there was mine fields too and neighbouring houses full of dead bodies. along the trails and jungles of Laos, hmong feared being shot at, or being found, most didn't have guns, just small knives or hmong knives or gardening tools. some traded hmong knives, silver bars etc for guns in diff villages. some killed the viet congs for it. women were raped and killed. babies and kids, smashed in head or shot. all my mom's brothers and father was shot execution style for distribution of weapons and their bodies were exposed for all to see. hmong also feared the ghost of jungle. some even shot into air, giving away their location. some went crazy and was killed. can your game capture some of these traits? or is it mostly like ghost recon & call of duty? don't forget we also have hmong traitors, who were actually viet congs involved too and pajama soldiers, spies etc

"You drown not by falling into the water, but by staying submerged in it."

Offline floaty

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 08:40:58 AM »
oh and the viet congs had some bad a$$ woman snipers that killed off a lot of soldiers and american soldiers. it was hard to kill these snipers because it was unexpected. this was confirmed by some retired vietnam vet, US Lt. and US Major veterans frm the post fort I volunteer at.

"You drown not by falling into the water, but by staying submerged in it."

Offline dlabtsi_os

• Jr. Poster
  • AMAZZZZZZON!
  • Respect: +42
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2014, 11:17:35 AM »
I'm kind of working on a story line first before actually generating animations and doing a gameplay. I'll script a sample script and see if you think it needs any modification or anything added in there.

Just go with basic of after 1950s. Because if you go back further it gets murky. 1890s-1920s Hmong vs French. 1940s Hmong vs Japanese occupants.

Also Nonghet was also one of Hmong first HQ or autonomous region given by the French.

Test your might!

minorcharacter

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2014, 11:42:59 AM »
Awesome!  The graphics could definitely be better, but I'm willing to compromise for good music and a compelling story that will emulate the same feelings as did in MGS: Snake Eater.

Offline Risingstars

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2015, 10:35:24 AM »
can you have woman characters too? can you also have an option on leading a family out of the jungle with kids, safetly or killing them off with opium..if ur leading a family or group and kids cry, you're basically sitting ducks. i mean that is what happened and once they reached the mekong river, they were shot at or drowned. but before all this, there was mine fields too and neighbouring houses full of dead bodies. along the trails and jungles of Laos, hmong feared being shot at, or being found, most didn't have guns, just small knives or hmong knives or gardening tools. some traded hmong knives, silver bars etc for guns in diff villages. some killed the viet congs for it. women were raped and killed. babies and kids, smashed in head or shot. all my mom's brothers and father was shot execution style for distribution of weapons and their bodies were exposed for all to see. hmong also feared the ghost of jungle. some even shot into air, giving away their location. some went crazy and was killed. can your game capture some of these traits? or is it mostly like ghost recon & call of duty? don't forget we also have hmong traitors, who were actually viet congs involved too and pajama soldiers, spies etc

There will be different sides to the game, I can add in AI for the women, children, animals and other buildings. It will just take months to render depending on the hardware I put in. I need a story line to go on though as basing it off my fathers view would just be on a point of view. I need a bigger picture.

Offline Risingstars

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2015, 09:55:28 AM »
So as I was making Long Cheng.....A rooster appeared...hah aha

:D

Offline Risingstars

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2015, 10:35:48 PM »
wow the graphics are gorgeous.

for an Indy game this has really gorgeous graphics compared to all those crappy graphics we get from other Indy titles.

I want to see how things move.. any videos yet? I don't mean gameplay, could just be a video showing off the environment.

How about the Hmong knife? Haven't seen that one yet. :/

When I have free time, I'll make a tutorial video placing things in the game. It might take like a month or two to get the video uploaded because I'm getting new hardware for my desktop so changing things up a bit. I'll upload a video for you guys to see. The Hmong knife hasn't been added in because there was other part of the projects that needs to be finished before adding in optional weapons.

Advertisements